CoCoMo - Diary of a Dr D Disciple!

Absolutely, I do feel for you because it looks as if you're doing things correctly. I bet you'll have a fabulous surprise in a day or two.

CoCoMo - What Jo describes used to happen to me. I'd go a week where I'd STS or lose 1lb, then I'd lose 3 or 4lbs a week or so later.

If your tummy is flatter and feeling thinner, then you most probably are - it's probably that pesky water weight confusing the scales.

Thanks you guys :)
Is anyone else on Dukan using an implant? Switched to implant from Depo-Provera in March because of my job - I can't really go 300 miles every 11 weeks just for an injection in the bum! Doc said that my implant would be more sympathetic towards any weight loss, but I think I might be retaining more water with it that on Depo. Would be grateful for anyone's views!
Chicken, asparagus and two eggs for tea. Bland and filling!

Been neglecting my diary, had a rough week at work, topped off by a corking migraine on Sunday.
I have crept up to 13st 13lbs 8oz, despite not deviating at all, so I am going to try and up my protein intake to see what effect that has. I think I might have retained some water from yesterday, I was very sick (as I always am with my migraines) so I am really hoping that the creep is due to water.
I'm still pretty positive - haven't cheated, don't feel hungry and I do seem to have lost some inches, so I will keep going week to week and see where I end up.
B: ML yog and a small coffee with skimmed milk
L: (ate out at Jamie's) Chicken (didn't eat skin) tomatoes and spring greens, diet coke. Didn't even eat the olives that came with it, and I LOVE olives!
D: Steamed salmon, broccoli, leeks and cauliflower.
Snack: 4 crab sticks, fat free cottage cheese, black coffee and coke zero.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited:
Also, I am just eating my 1.5tbsp of Oatbran straight out of the packet. I like the texture and the "chompiness" of it. I hope that is ok - any thoughts?

In Cruise, you need 2 tablespoons of oatbran per day!!! As for eating it straight from the packet, why not! (I personally think it a shame, cos it's the only ingredient we have at our disposal to create "bread" and "cake" confections, but if you like it that way...).

I would agree with maintainer and topaz, if you make it into proper food like bread, cakes, galletes, it makes it much more substantial and ups the protein. I can't imagine it being nice out the packet. I do like it in yoghurt tho! Mmmm :)

The oatbran is so versatile - I always have a galette, but it makes an awesome steamed pudding!

You can use it well in savoury cooking, breads, etc. as previously mentioned - but you can also mix it with mincemeat for burgers, for example, too.

However, I do have a slight penchant for it straight out of the packet too - it's nice and chewy, a texture very much missed on Dukan!

Thanks for the comments - I am struggling to find time to cook at the moment, hence I am not making the infamous galette or bread or anything - I will try and make porridge out of it at the weekend I think.
Rought two days - I was at a conference, and the food choices were very un-Dukan! - Fresh fruit, biscuits (which I don't really like that much anyway but they becoming very delicious-looking when you see them with every round of coffee!!:rolleyes:), lunch was pasta dishes or creamy chicken served with rice - I ended up eating green beans and a salad yesterday, and salmon with scrambled eggs when I got home (at 11pm :()
This evening, it's a lean steak and fresh crab. Decadent, but I am treating myself the Dukan way after two days of black coffee and lettuce!!!
Squeezed my rotund rump into some trousers which I haven't had on for 8 months today, so something is shrinking.
Stubbed my toe and stepped in a puddle though today too, so the universe is in balance :D

Oooooooh, just read on the Dukan site, I can have TONGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really love tongue, anyone else like it?

Yes again, I am stalling. But I think this is probably indicative of a pattern of weight loss so I am going to accept it and keep ploughing on!
Had a very relaxing weekend after a hectic week at work, hope everyone is doing well!
I have work events every evening next week, all of which revolve around alcohol so my resolve is going to be severely tested. Transit issues today so I have had a spoon of wheat bran and some strong black coffee to help things get moving!

Off to see Glee tonight at the O2 - courtesy of work, about 15 of us going, snazzy box tickets with food and wine - so I will try to console myself that I can't have the nibbles by perving at Puckerman and sipping Diet Coke.
I am not hungry at all, so I know I am in ketosis but the needle again isn't budging.
I did see someone today that I haven't seen for a month, and the first thing he said was that he could tell I'd lost weight, my face was slimmer and I looked taller. so that was nice. :)
PP day today:
B: Fat free yoghurt with 2 tbsp oatbran
L: Chicken breast, 3 M&S Extra Lean Ham slices, 1 hard boiled egg
D: (later tonight) steak and some prawns
Snack: Skimmed milk latte, 4 crab sticks.

I used to love tongue - the nice round slices of it. Then one year my MIL offered me some and when it turned up it was a whole cooked tongue - and it just looked so tongue like that it kind of put me off and now I can't eat it without thinking about the moment I saw this big thing!!

Hello cocomo how was glee? I am so very jealous! My friend went to see matthew Morrison perform and got to meet him! The actual mr schu!!! I love him :D x

LOL at M-Mouse's tongue story!
Emms, despite my intention not to get too excited, I totally did, and had a FAB night! It was a really good show - Amber Riley who plays Mercedes has an unbelievable voice - it was lots of fun.
I stayed away from the un-Dukan food and didn't have any alcohol.

And...................

THE SCALES HAVE MOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I weigh 13st 8lbs 8oz. Meaning I have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks. I might get rid of the last 2lbs this weekend! I am so pleased. I haven't changed anything, but I am just pleased to see three pounds disappear virtually overnight.

The Great London Swim is taking place outside my apartment today - weather is gorgeous, loads of men walking around with bare chests, glorious day all round!:D

That's brilliant cocomo well done on your loss!!! It's such a good feeling seeing the scales move down isn't it :) x

Monday comes around again, I am still spot on 13st 8lbs, I am DETERMINED to drop the 2lbs this week that will mark the first stone loss. PV day today for me, so:
B: ML yog with my oatbran
L: Rocket, red cabbage, chicken slices and hard boiled egg
D: Steak stir fry
S: ML yog, skimmed milk latte and maybe a crab stick if I have one left......

Happy Monday, everyone!

Hi there and well done! IS ML mullers? They are something to cut down/out if you find you are stalling again as they do contain sugar. I am dead envious about Glee!

Back