CoCoMo - Diary of a Dr D Disciple!

Hi CocoMo,

Just read through your diary, and you're doing really well!! Did you get to the gym using your friends guest pass?? I'd love to join a private gym, but just don't have the funds for it!! So am sticking to the local leisure centre down the road (joint membership £13 per month cheaper than single David Lloyd membership!!!) If you do join though, will you be able to make it that often? You seem to work horribly long hours??!!

xoxo

Hi Melly!! Thanks for your kind words :)

Your point about going to the gym is very valid, but sometimes I really would love nothing more than to dive into the pool at the end of the day instead of just going home and vegging out in front of the TV. Plus, being new in London I hoped it might help me meet some new people and join in at classes and things. I don't work excessive hours - usually get into the office about 8.30, usually leave around 7pm unless I have an event afterwards or something urgent in the USA.

I didn't go with my mate today, she was off sick :( Took my massive bag of stuff in too and everything, but the passes were locked in her drawer. Never mind (just means I have to shave my legs again tomorrow).

Just got home, had my cold shower, now making some salmon and butternut squash in the oven for tea. Omnomnomnom....:p

I know people on here eat butternut squash, but HOW CAN IT BE ALLOWED WHEN IT TASTES SO GOOD???????????????? Drool!:D

Plus, there was a third off the pre-packaged butternut squash wedges in Waitrose, I didn't even have to peel it or chop it!!! So I stood up for an extra 20 minutes to compensate for the non-chopping calories!!!

Found a FAB product in Tesco the other day - in the freezer section, frozen strips of beef for stir-fry that you can cook straight from frozen! Lean and no added stuff, and very inexpensive. I just cooked some of these off for lunch at work tomorrow with some wasabi and a dash of soy.

The Veet moisturiser is meant (somehow) to stop the hair growing back so quickly, so you are meant to shave/epilate (or whatever) then use the moisturiser every day and it is meant to grow back slower :)

Hi Cocomo,

I've also just discovered your diary - well done on your progress so far! Brilliant and you seem really focused too so on the Alcohol issues I'd really try to avoid it. Do you need an excuse to deter 'helpful' friend who try to sabotage you? We've come up with many ideas/excuses on here, especially if you *don't* want to tell everyone you're dieting. And Maintainer and Jo have already mentioned the important bits regarding long-term implications, also your body can react quite badly and you will be drunk after only a small amount and hung over the next day (obviously depending on how much you drink)...

The paying for something to make sure you attend works for me - it's only weekly yoga classes, but I chose to pay per term rather than PAYG for exactly that reason and it's kept me committed.

And butternut - yes indeed! We as a family ate a lot of squash in the autumn, there is such a variety available... And I have actually just bought one this week, yum yum looking forward to that!

*and* the frozen beef strips. On offer at Sainsbury's too, I was amazed at the low fat content listed (just make sure you don't buy the 'casseroling beef' instead!) and even if I mince it, it's still cheaper than extra-lean mince. But we've been having more beef stir-fry's and stews (on cold days like yesterday!) again. Makes a nice change from chicken!

Aw thats a shame about your friend.. hopefully you will be able to go soon! I admire your determination though... I'm knackered by the time I get in at half five... so very often put off going to the gym!! Hmm I might need to borrow some of yours and get cracking this weekend!!

Also, now very excited at having read this and finding out you can get butternut squash wedges in waitrose!! That'll be top of my to do list for Saturday then! Thanks for the tip!!

xoxo

hmm... butternut squash - how has this passed me by? Must have a look this weekend in Auchan... hmm...

NEWSFLASH:

Today, I am wearing size 16 skinny jeans from H&M which I haven't been able to squeeze into since March 2010.

The buttoned up first time, and I can even sit down in them. No "muffin top" hangover, as my tummy seems to be getting progressively flatter (despite an alarming lack of sit-up related activity).

As you might have guessed, I am over the moon.

:bunnydance:

Yay WELL DONE! Keep up the good work!

Thanks :D I am having a celebratory diet coke for the first time this week, after having resisted the lure of Wagamamas at lunchtime!

Well done Coco! Size 16 is great isn't it! I look forward to that size again. Well done resisting Wagamama's too, not easy!

Hi CoCoMo, congratulations on getting into those jeans - well done you, amazing feeling isn't it?

well done on resisting wagamama's too, that can't have been easy, but as Jo would say you'll have just strengthened your 'resistance' muscle.

YAY! Go that resistance muscle!

Resistance muscle is bulging with the exertion today, there are nuts and nibbles in the office for someone's birthday. I am surrounded by people eating stuff I can't have!!!!:cry:

Hahaha, laughing about it though, and they are all being very supportive.

Anyway, I am off home shortly, I will not be chatting on here tonight as I have two massive portobello mushrooms and a whole lobster to eat for my tea :eating: as a treat for getting into my jeans, which I will be eating whilst watching this week's Tudor's episodes I've been taping and getting an early night.

Hope everyone has had a great Friday, Happy Home Time everyone, catch up with you all over the weekend.

Coco x

Back