Coffeelovers Under 10lbs To Go

Hi, I feel ur pain, my eldest went to the Netherlands last year and I really missed her, but it was just for 1 year. Good thing is this year she comes home from uni most weekends!! She even wants to come on hols with us this year, unheard of. She really matured in the year and has made friends from Europe, Australia and US. I hope you get to visit him.

Oh big hugs Val.

Agree with all the comments here - you will probably hear more from him once he does go to start this new chaper of his life - and you can start yours! :)

Thanks Susie, I know I need to re find myself. Used to love to paint so will get an easel and stop procrastinating. Also may even buy a sewing machine-that will keep my mind occupied.

Plan on taking off the month between mid november to mid december to stay with my parents in the US and make sure he gets back for Christmas ok. We'll be in the same country for a month :)

Hi, my son wants to go to Uni in the US too, we are going to MA in August but he hasnt contacted any about looking around them. Typical boy. He wont be going until next year though.

Hi, my son wants to go to Uni in the US too, we are going to MA in August but he hasnt contacted any about looking around them. Typical boy. He wont be going until next year though.

Lol typical of boys. Has he taken the SAT test yet? If not we have a mountain of books you can have, they're just collecting dust. There is one particular one he said really helped.

Check out the Fullbright uk site tons of info and SAT schedule. Every year in the autumn they have a USA college day in london with lots of american colleges there.

Good luck to him. :)

Evening Alpy and all.

Worked an afternoon shift today so will catch up with everyone's diary by tomorrow.

Hot - 20 degrees and sunny, so figures I was stuck inside. Apparently it's all down hill for the holiday weekend. Don't care I'll just nap and working monday anyhow.

Lovely food day. Keeping carbs at around 50 ish. Also back to shredding - ouch- have gained back 4 lbs from being a lazy, wine guzzling, crisp eating machine.

My broccoli pack says 1.8 grams carbs for 100 grams, but mfp says 6, so will get my glasses out and make sure I'm reading package correctly.

Does anyone know how long flax keeps in the freezer?

Have a lovely evening. xx

B- quorn sausage, mushrooms, eggs.
L- greek salad w/feta, avocado, artichokes, olives etc wrapped in a joseph's tortilia (omg these are great esp warmed in oven)
D- pork mince scramble thing w/ broccoli, mush, bns, sour cream and sprinkle of parm cheese -lush

Mfp prob has the carbs listed American style - fibre included. Your pack will be right. I always search for tesco or sainsburys + veg name on mfp to find one with accurate values.

Morning Val

Wraps are gorgeous! And mfp can be inaccurate so be careful... I've started double checking on the Atkins app although it's not a great app but useful as a cross check... Xxx

Morning Val:). I'm like moonlight - always look for uk supermarket version:D and pack always wins!

Morning Val... Xx

Afternoon everyone.

That explains it girls, the americans have to subtract the fibre so will eat my veg with wild abandon. :)

Good news on flax Susie will have a mim with bacon tomorrow. Have a funny little plastic sandwich shaped container that I got in america and it's great for making mim that are bread shaped. Yippee

Frantic day got up late and had wild dreams.

Son has joined a gym to get in shape for america bless him so he had induction. Then a hair appt for me where I went to a really short dark bob:eek: much shorter than I wanted but my hair grows quick and I'm quite happy with it.

Lost 2lbs since monday and hope I'll keep it off. No wine tonight or crisps, none in house so not an option. Back to shredding and that helps.

However may have a bit of wine (ok a lot) tomorrow night, can't imagine watching 'the voice' without it. Will keep away from crisps though.

Hope you all have a fun friday xx

B-- rushed out the door nothing:(
L- salad w/prawns and chicken from m&s
D- something in a lc wrap

Hmm... now I think I'm going to have to go to holland and barratt tomorrow for some ground flax. Been ages since I had flax bread - dont think it was a favourite of mine, but it doesnt hurt to try and again and experiment :)

Yeah, carbs in flax was always a bit confusing. but I'm a serial nutritional information scanner these days!

Just caught up a little on your diary. America-you lucky girl. Bob-I'm loving bobs at the moment you go girl, I could never go that short myself though. well done on the -2lbs. Shred!! I dont know how you girls manage it, JM loves her plank positions, I find they trigger a pain in my shoulder afterwards.

Hope you enjoy your saag paneer tonight x

Back