Come in and introduce yourself - Cambridge Diet Forum Role Call!

I recenty bought a Franchise called Mother Funkers which is an early start/early finish dance night for mothers and women of a certain age who miss a good boogie but don't want to go clubbing anymore...

I had a quick peek ... looks fab!

I had a quick peek ... looks fab!

Thanks Russiandoll....

I've been to nights in both Brighton and Farnham and they really are a fab night out...! If you're anywhere near any of the venues, dig out your dancing shoes and go along - best nights..!

H

Hi all.... im Donna im 27, (28 in oct)

I live in wellington somerset, with my fiance Alex and our 2 daughters courtney (10) and jesica (3).

Were planning on getting married next may, so im s/s on cd want to lose 6stone :eek:

Then after the wedding were planning on a new baby!
Which i cant wait for! Im more excited about that than the wedding! :D

I work part time as a forecourt cashier... loads of temptation at work! Not good!

And i love this site, its amazing!
So many lovely, helpful, friendly people!
Who have totally inspired me! Donna xxx :wavey:

Hi everyone,

Have just joined today, have been doing CD four days now, am starting to get over the headaches and dizziness, have started on 790 due to work commitments didn't want to drop calories too quickly.
Am setting up my own cosmetic laser clinic in next two months so am shattered already but would like to get into a uniform a few sizes smaller.

Have tried all the other diets so am going to give this one a go, i have ready all your comments and you are all inspiring, so will keep following your progress with enthusiasm.

CDC is going on holiday at end of week so had weigh in today, 3lbs in first four days, lost 1 1/2 inch off waist.

Starting weight 11st 10lb (20th Sept)
now 11st 7lb

must learn how to put a ticker on my posts.

look forward to following all your stories.

Kazza

Hi Everone,

I'm Sharon and I'm 36. I live in High Wycombe in Bucks, and this is my 5th week - can't believe I've stuck to it for that long, but now I'm seeing results, I'll stick with it. I work in TV (for my sins!) but I love it.

I'm single (and LOOKING!) and have a gorgeous mad cat called Willy. And I LOVE this website!! :)

xxx

I'm Kathy, originally from Zimbabwe, lived in London since 1984 but on "expat assignment" in Cape Town, SA. Have daughter 4.5yrs old, DH very busy at work, I travel to London at least 3 times a year, home base in Epsom, Surrey. Looking to lose 2 stone in 8 weeks..........

Great thread BIG HUGS

Hi everyone! Its GREAT to read all about you but this is a big shout to all the lurkers in the back! Free your keyboard and come and tell us about you! 500 views and 45 posts??? Someone is being quiet, speak up!

Evening and hello folks....just been catching up on who everyone is hehe well i'm Christina, 24 and live in Wigan on week 8 now of the 1200 plan(not by choice grr) but had a BAD week last week and put myself back a few weeks but hey ho i'm back on track now. Getting married to my wonderfully supportive fiance Ste on 5th July 2008 and really wanted to have lost 6stone by then but will be over the moon with 4.
I'm a newly qualified mental health nurse and start my new job in the community on 1st October :-D and i'm the proud mummy of 2 lil lop eared bunnies...miffy and parsley oh and i need to able to look good in a bikini by 10th July as we go to the maldives for 2 weeks lolol!!!!!!

So lovely to meet you all properly and keep up the great work....this is a day saver some days and the advice and support is always wonderful so thankyou!!!!!!!!

great thread chika!!

well hey folks, im delli, 21 years young and living in northern ireland. im a student social worker, graduate next july and then i have to get a "real" job! i play camogie (ka-mo-gee) which is the female version of an irish sport called hurling and i love it although im not very good at it!! keeps me fit though.
as far as i can remember i have always been overweight, however after my beloved granda died last november my weight creeped up to 13st 8lbs and my self esteem hit an all time low. lost 10lbs through playing camogie and started LL in august at 12st 12. am now down to 11st 10lbs and lovin all the compliments from family and friends!! another 2st to go!!
been with my gorgeous OH since i was 17, he tries to be supportive and usually is although he is one of these rare creatures who is perfectly content with his own body and doesnt understand how being overweight can depress me so much. (his body is to die for but i am biased!!) he always said he loved me no matter what way i looked but his hands definetly are wandering more now that ive lost 2stone!!
im a serial minimins lurker, LOVE THIS SITE!!

Hi everyone
I`m Sarah, married to Pete for 11 years and have one gorgeous boy who was 4 last week named Kian ( no not a westlife fan)
Currently living in Norfolk but originally from South Yorkshire, Due to move to Lincolnshire at christmas!!!
Moved around a lot as hubby is in Forces.

We have one cat Ollie ( olivia) if she`s being posh and a guinea pig called Haggis ??

Working part time in our local shop 3 nights a week and studying Aromatherapy and Massage.
Originally trained as a hairdresser and beautician, hoping to set up from home when we get moved.

Have been a "big" girl for most of my adult life except for when I had my boy as I was a stone lighter??
Didn`t take long to gain it though due to munching my way through "buckets" of maltesers, had my cravings after i`d given birth lol.

I like horse riding, walking and crafts and my big passion is handbags ( I have about 50) lol
Tried all the diets and found that cd really works for me.
The End

Hello

Hi everyone, i haven't posted on here before but i've been reading the posts to keep my motivation up, which it does! I'm Scarlett and i live in Glasgow. I've been on Cambridge since February, and have lost over 5 and a half stone. This diet has changed my life...like a lot of you i've 'been on a diet' since i was about 9 (am 42 now) and all i did was get fatter! I still have about half a stone to lose and i am determined i WILL get there!

Best things about this diet...in some ways its easy...no food, so no thinking, 'i'll just have a bit of that'. Seeing people's faces when they haven't seen me for a while. Shopping....now a joy rather than a nightmare...there are more shops around than just Evans! Mainly tho its not feeling that the first time i meet someone new that they don't just see 'a fat person' and make all the corresponding judgements. I'm not stupid, lazy or greedy! Or maybe they are just the judgements i made about myself!:) Good luck everyone on their journey!

Hi everyone, my name is Susan, I am 42 years old, married for 23 years to a wonderful man who is also my best friend, we have 2 daughters (21 and 17) and one son 14, we have a 5 month old grand daughter!
this is my second time doing CD, am just starting my 3rd week and it's going fine!
I have had alot of back problems which are getting better at the moment, fingers crossed it stays that way.
I work part time for bp, live in Stoke on Trent, have 3 dogs, a basset hound, beagle and yellow lab - they are my babies and we love daily walks which usually last an hour (most days)!
Now that the kids are more or less grown up I want to travel, at least twice a year, we had a 9 year break from holidays so we have alot of making up to do...next stop, thailand, then the maldives (2008) hence the losing weight!

Cheer all...:grouphugg:

Hello to every person on here - great to read all about you!!

Well..I'm 24 and live camberley way with my fiance whom I shall be marrying in January!! So just a bit of pressure to shift the pounds.. I really wish I had started this earlier!

6 days ago at 1000hours I was 14.3 and have been SS all week...

Finding it all good and I am extremely positive about it all!!

My first goal is to get through week 1 - and be in the mid 13s at first WI - bring it on!!

Hi Im Lisa

Im 22, Started Ssing Today. Im From Glasgow And I Have An 8 Month Old Son-alex. My Fiance Is A Chef And We Plan To Get Married 19th June 09. I Start My Teacher Training Next Year Hopefully As I Already Have A Ba Hons Degree In Drama!

I Dont Want To Be Fat Anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello..... I'm Jackie , I'm 40 cough cough lol But look 21 lol I'm from hertfordshire . I'm full time mum . I have son 16 , son 13 , Daughter 4 . Hobbies these days , are coming here i guess ...its helping me with CD and finding a slimmer me . Good luck all !

HI I am Jacki 31 years old and live in sunderland. i have been with micky 12 years and have a 10 year old girl alix. I have been working as a residential officer for 3 years.I love this site and everyone on it.
i have been on ss for 21 days my next weigh in is tomorrow x

Hi All

Im julie and im 45 (going on 25) - first weigh in is tomorrow but this is my third attempt at cambridge

I work as a purser for the UKs major international airline and also sell Phoenix greeting cards part time - having tried all the other work from home or home selling schemes - this suits me best as its a product i love!

I live in worcester and in new york where my partner is from - he is in broadcasting and we have been together 7 years.

we have one dog (in the uk) - a mongrel called whiskey - half border collie and half jack russell

My first goal is to be under 11 stone.

Hello,

Im Natasha and I am 25. I live in Faversham with my fiance Mark, we are due to get married sometime in 2009. I am currently at Christ Church University training to be a Midwife. I finish my course in about 5 months.

I was slim throughout my childhood up until I was 17, then I gradually put on about 5 stone over the years. Now I am fed up with my weight and feel unattractive and have little confidence. I am also concerned for my health in the future. I have tried weight watchers and slimming world but I could only do that for a short time as I get bored very easily!! I started the CD 2 weeks ago and so far I have lost 13lb.

Good luck to you all :grouphugg:

Hi, I'm Sharon, yes ANOTHER one!!lol 42, married (second husband) for 8yrs, 3 sons, philip 20, gareth 6 (he's Autistic but not severly, thank goodness) & aiden 4. No pets but would love a cat, dog or both. Waiting for the New Year so I can get a job, trained as adult education tutor-Literacy- but considering ANYTHING to get me out of the house. I have lost 5stone already on various diets but just started 'afresh' on CD, yesterday actually!! Want to start riding horses again but scared I'll squash them or that I won't be able to get on or off!
xxxsharon

Want to start riding horses again but scared I'll squash them or that I won't be able to get on or off!
xxxsharon

Hi Sharon, I hear you about the riding thing. Riding is the one thing I want to do more than anything but at the moment the RSPCA would come after me! Roll on the slim us!

Back