Come in and introduce yourself - Cambridge Diet Forum Role Call!

"I hear you about the riding thing. Riding is the one thing I want to do more than anything but at the moment the RSPCA would come after me!"

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Hi everyone, I'm an LL'er who's constantly reading the cambridge posts so thought I'd write a bit too.
I'm Cath, I'm 38 and live near Wigan, I've 3 children (youngest is 14) and I've been married for nearly 20 years. Up until I got married I weighed between 8 and 9 stone but then over the years (and with each child) I just put on more and more and more.

As for riding, I'm hoping to do my CBT and learn to ride a motorbike after Christmas when I'm hopefully at goal - I'll feel much more confident on a bike when I'm slimmer.

Hello Everyone

I'm LollyPop (Angie), I live in Luton with my husband and son Jacob. I started out on LL and moved swiftly over to CD. So far I'velost 2 1/2 stone but I've had a really bad week - something went completely wrong - anyway no need to dwell.. moving on... want to lose another 2 stone before Christmas.

Hi All

I am Gail and I am a chocaholic lol
I am 44 divorced with two teenage sons 18+19 and I love them to bits.
Up until 4 years ago I was fit slim and full of energy. I was in training for the Bristol half marathon where I live.
I was in a relationship that went wrong and for comfort I ate chocolate lol and now find myself extremely overweight.
I heard about CD from a friend who lost 4 stone and was eager to give it a go myself.
So far so good and I am looking forward to the results.
This forum is fantastic and I read more than I post and it have given me great encouragement to hear everyones success stories.
May we all have our dreams fulfilled on our journey to weight loss.

hi,andrea checking in . 38 (going on 14). was ssing for 11 weeks and lost 3st 7 . went on holidays and am starting back this week 12 pounds up. it was so worth it .im a surgical nurse working in cavan ,ireland but am from yorkshire originally. i have a gorgeous irish husband and two ankle biters . everyone who has read my posts knows i have a warped sense of humour and i guess thats me all over

Hello!!!

I'm Kay or FC to my lovely friends on here! I've lost 3st & managed to maintain it despite taking a month off. Will be back next week the day after my 30th birthday:eek: to lose another 3!

I've been a teacher for 7 years & am grafting my way up through the ranks. Live up on the Pennine Moors with the wind & rain.

Hello im Julie 32, and married to stephen 47 for 11 years and together 13yrs . We have 6 children 3 boys and 3 girls aged 10yrs 8yrs 6yrs 5yrs 3yrs and 4 and a half months old. Hubby is a black cab driver and I am a cdc during week and a house slave and mum for the rest of the time.

I have always been big from a young age but it wasnt until i was 30 that i had problems conceiving my 6th child and was told i needed fertility treatment, due to my size i had to lose weight which i did and lost nearly 7 stone in under 6 months. I was given two courses of clomid to try for baby before more intensive fertility treatment and luckily feel pregnant first time. I put on nearly 5 stone in pregnany and am now nearly back to pre pregnancy weight YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have around 1 and a half to two stone to lose to get to goal and when i acheive that it will be the slimmest i have been in my teenage and adult life.

Next year im having a boob job and drastic makeover and im focused and ready to get there.

julesrush

cdc norwich

Hi I am Karina, I live in huddersfield and I am trainee teacher.

I lost 21lbs on CD a few months ago, decided to take a week off , I feel that my weight is going to creep back up,as at the moment I keep craving chocolate :cry:, but have only gained 2lbs in the months I had off!:)

Hi my name is sharon, i am 35yrs old, married(2nd time) with 11yrs old son, dog, 4 chinchillas and a hamster! I live in Peterborough. I am an NVQ assessor/verifier for dental nursing and love my job. Used to be in the army so was very active but when i left weight went up and up. I have lost 3 stone so far on cd but last few weeks gone a bit pear shaped and lost plot. Seing cdc tomorrow and going to get back to it. Love coming on here as posts very inspirational.:)

Hi everyone, im Sarah 31 years old and a serial cambridge restarter!!! I lost 5 stone last year but have put it all back on and today is another day 1!!!! Married to Sean for 11 years and together for 15, we have a daughter Katie 8 and im trying to persuade Sean we should have another!!! 3 dogs and a hamster keep us busy and I work as a post office manageress.

I'm Julia, from Thrapston, near Peterborough. I'm 27 and a primary school teacher. I started the diet last October and lost 6 stone, things started to slow down in May as i wasn't really sticking to it and other things took over. After a few traumatic events over the holidays, mostly involving boys breaking my heart (!), i'm back, a stone and a half heavier than my lowest, but determined to get rid of the last 4 stone at least 3 of it by xmas!

Hi all

My name is Sharon, 50 years old (OMG!!! how did that happen):eek: 2 grown up kids Robbie 30 Rach 28, and 2 adorable grandkids Amelia (Millipops) aged 3 and Finlay (Finbob) aged 1 on Wednesday

Always been a bit curvy (understatement of the year !) but really gained weight when I got RA.:cry: Got to a massive nearly 24 stone :eek: so started in Feb to change my life. Lost 6 1/2 stone by sticking to SS but been really ill with my RA so bit of a hiccup for the last month.:(

In the 17's now but a long way to go. Love CD and most of all love my CDC Ann who is changing and saving my life !!

Shaza

Hi There,

I am Melanie and I am 32. Live in Birmingham with my husband, son Jacob (11 Months) and Chow Chow Finney. I am currently a housewife. Have started the Cambridge Diet to hopefully feel better about the skin I live in. Want to be able to look in the mirror and like what I see not dive under the duvet and hide. Doing the diet with my freind been on 1200 for a week now embarking on SS. Hoping my will power doesnt fail me!!!

Hiya,
I am Kerry and am 31. I live in Lichfield in Staffordshire and I started the CD last week. I did look in to it over the summer but at the time I thought that I was going to be having a major operation so I put it off. Anyway, I live with my hubby and our mad dog, Lola! I was on the 1200 kcal last week and lost 3lb and I started SS-ing from yesterday :) so wish me luck! Basically I am doing it because I can't carry on like this....I hate the person that I have become and hate the person that looks back at me in the mirror :( But that's enough dwelling, hopefully those days will soon be a thing of the past. I am feeling really positive about this diet and it is the first time in ages that I believe that it will work :) My friend "everchangingme" is on this journey with me so that is great that we have each other for support as well as you great people on here!!! xxx

Just found this while 'rummaging'

Love knowing a bit more about you all.

I'm Sarah, I'm 32 and been married for 4 years and have a beautiful 2 year old son Jacob.

Always been a porker, I've never bought clothes in a 'normal' shop since I was about 5 I think. I've done all the diets ww, slimfast, cabbage soup, three day wonder diet (not) Wish I'd found CD years and years ago although if I had I'm sure I'd be married to either Brad Pitt, Simon Cowel or the gorgeous Gordon Ramsey (mmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

I've stuck to this so far (four weeks on Tuesday) and intend to do so as I want another bundle of joy and have a wierd pelvis aparantly so have to have another section and don't want to feel terrible when the poor nurses have to lift me hee hee. Can't wait to go to River Island or somewhere to buy clothes, Heck I may even go to Top Shop and come out looking like mutton xx

glad this was 'bumped'

im claire im 25 and im a single mum to a 2 and a half year old beautiful girl
i was underweight as a child but when puberty kicked in so did pcos and the weight piled on from there
in 2005 i became pregnant but my stupid body couldnt stay preggers long enough so my girl came into the world at 25 weeks
she was seriously ill for a long time spent 10 months in hospital where i was told to say goodbye 3 times and even had to sign a DNR order :cry:
i comfort ate like crazy and gained 6 stone that year luckily my girl had other ideas and pulled through but is brain damaged and has lots of attachments and optional extras because of this

ive tried a whole raft of diets over the years, SW, RC, WW docs have had me on xenical ( bad stuff ) and romanbrandt which made me hugly hungry

glad to be on CD and ssing but hell that might be cos im only on day 2, lol

HIya,

I'm Claire, I'm 30 and have 2 kids Michael who is 6 and Charlotte (Charlie!) who is 3, 4 in January)
I am Married to Alex and work full time as a legal cashier for a small firm of Solicitors. I should be skinny really the amount of running around I do!!! :cool:
I am on week 5 of ss and am I sad to say I'm quite enjoying because the results I'm seeing are fab!
I started my weightloss journey weighing 18st 2 in April and went down to 15st 8lb following ww but things happened and I slipped of the rails on that and decided to give cd a go. I started cd weighing 16st 8 and am now in the 14stones:D
I can't remember the last time I weighed less than 15stone and the best thing is I now weigh less than my sister :D:D:D

Hi. My name is Lesley. I am a Brummie with 3 grown up sproggs. I have been on and off CD since May 2006 (lost 4 stone then put 1 and a half back on - grrrr).

Hi, I'm Gail, 41, divorced 6 years, with 4 children (18,17,13,9).

Started CD back in July but had to come off it for the last few weeks due to finacial problems. Just started a new full time job (I'm a nurse) and am restarting CD today! Can't wait. Have been mostly low carbing and think I've lost around a stone on my own but it's been very slow going. But relieved I didn't pile the weight back on. Have never successfully lost weight before but this time I really believe that I will get to target and keep the weight off. Been big all my life....a size 16 at 12!....and have had enough!

Can't wait for people to start noticing....have lost over 3 stone but no one has noticed yet....except for the few who know I'm dieting.

Hoping in the future to become a CDC, find a life partner and go on a beach holiday with my kids next year. Thinking about slipping into a plane seat without spilling under the armrests and being able to put the table down flat really motivates me!

Back