Coming off CS for a week

JustForMe

Gold Member
its a difficult choice but i need to focus on other things atm and get my head around stuff.

hopefully i will be able to be sensible but i just don't have enough room in my head to look so closely at what i am eating

fingers crossed all my hard work doesn't go to waste and keep the forum busy....i need it as my distraction!

dont worry ive been off it all this week and after my sneaky weigh in this morn im down to 15 stone 7 so i think thats 3.5pounds this week.. although i can still lose maybe 1 more before weigh in.. im gonna stay off CS next week too.. just a test to see if now im aware of what not to eat and how much etc i think i can do it myself without the help of CS, if i dont lose anything next week then ill go back on it but ive got all my uni exams coming up too and my nans just gone into a hospice for a week or so to die peacefully without anymore chemo etc so its gonna be a difficult next couple of weeks so i think its quite impossible to do it.

I must admit though at the start of this week i felt like **** without my shakes.. had no routine was snacking a bit but now i feel fab.. i actually feel healthier (god i dont sound like a very good advertisement for them). Dont get me wrong i absoloutely love CS but as a foundation diet to build upon into your own customised plan as you start to know your own body after a few weeks.

Let us know how you get on

(im sure you will already :D)

xx

Dont get me wrong i absoloutely love CS but as a foundation diet to build upon into your own customised plan as you start to know your own body after a few weeks.

i feel exactly the same, its good as a foundation as it really does teach you about a different way of life.

I like the basis of CS don't get me wrong its a great kick start but i don't think its sustainable for a really long time.

I see it as a teaching method and think at 25 pound for a week it is also quite expensive.

I have found some cheaper shakes which i think taste even better....but im gonna keep the basis of cs and stay on this forum cos its got all the lovely ladies :)

x

I think the cost is really the deciding issue with most people. We know you can achieve great results (the weight loss tickers prove that) but it is an expensive way of losing weight long term. I love the principle of the diet &the taste of the shakes. It really suits me not having to think about eating when I'm driving around all day & stops me grabbing what I can (usually junk food). BUT, I will be watching with interest how Kels gets on with her alternative shakes. I'm right behind you Kels:)

you wont gain the weight back you worked hard to lose it, ive found ive lost more with out cs than i did with it so for me it was just not worth the money, i didnt lose more than 5 pounds on cs in a wk but on atkins where i can eat any meat, cheese, eggs and nuts i lost 6 lbs in one wk and had a sly jump on the scales today [mondays my weigh day] and ive lost another 4lbs so im sticking with it

Sorry to hear about your gran Rae. Hope you are keeping yourself busy! I am sure that you will continue your great losses. I am going to start back tomorrow on CS to see how it goes (3rd time lucky). Hopefully, this vomiting will stop and won't come back once I restart it.

Thanks Lady, i think she's got another week or so to go but all i can think about is how she's basically had 4 years of lymphoma on/off and chemo for 3 of them, so like she keeps telling me she's 84 and ready to end her life peacefully and naturally instead of continuing her suffering and she'll be with my grandad soon. I've got my first exam in a weeks time so just keeping busy with revision for the moment, not a great time to be having exams really, a bit worried in case her funeral ends up clashing with one, but im going to ring uni up tomorrow and just tell them whats going on and what sort of procedure would happen if i was to miss one, im sure they would rearrange the exam for me and just change the questions.

Not working too hard on the diet at the moment just eating healthily, not starving myself or shakes-ing it for the next few weeks, need a lot of energy and potassium for my exams so gotta eat lotsa bananas!

Oh noes for the vomitting! Aint nice being poorly :( you've had a horrible time already this year, its awful when illness affects dieting, especially when you start to get back on track then something bumps you back down again!

x

Back