Confessions of an Indecisive Dieter

Well, I know that most of the English are positively horrified over this mess.

Aside from that, may I ask why you are not eating breakfast? You've really cut your calories back drastically, and this can cause the body to really cling onto the weight. Starting your day with a light breakfast actually sort of notifies your body that it's time to start using energy, and it boosts your metabolism. I HIGHLY recommend doing breakfast!

I've just never been a breakfast person. Every time I've tried to include breakfast I end up falling off the wagon. From having 500-600 calories on Exante I feel like I'm getting more than enough (especially as I up the calories at the weekend) I'm also a short arse at 5.1.5" (I like to say 5'2" lol) and lately I've been very sedentary, so I think the 1000 calories 5 days a week is about right for me. I also feel more satisfied if I can have two decent sized meals or one large meal. I expected a stall after Exante, but if it continues to come off slowly I'll try adding something small for breakfast :)

You didn't seem bossy at all! I appreciate you trying to help, if you see I'm doing something wrong I'll be happy if you let me know :). I think I'll try to add something small for breakfast soon. It literally makes me gag but I'll try lol

Same old food today. 1014 and 277 burned. I'm so lazy with cooking. I've actually lost my hunger a little bit. I'm finding myself having to force 'dinner' most days or I'll be well under 1000 calories - very strange! I could shovel in thousands of calories plus wine every day a while ago, which obviously got me to this weight! But 1000 calories is a struggle? :/ Actually, the wine might have something to do with it. It was one of my main problems, I mean who drinks a bottle of wine almost every night? It would make me crave carbs the next day and also make me binge on anything in sight before bed. The whole time I've been gaining weight since getting down to 130 lbs I've had a problem with binge drinking.... I never thought about it like that before! :/

Anyway, OH is coming back tomorrow! :heartpump:

And wine probably has quite a bit of sugar in it, doesn't it? Sugar makes me fat!! No regular pop for me ever!!! :eek:

Whill around 1000 does seem low, I'm actually not as worried because I thought you might be absolutely starving! So long as you aren't feeling dizzy or weak, go ahead and do what you think works best :) Also, if you are considering trying to eat breakfast in the morning, it is MUCH more likely that you'll be hungry if you don't eat within a couple of hours before bed. Or do you exercise at night? Whatever you choose, so long as it seems to be effective and you feel okay, do it :)

Will you get to do anything special with OH when he comes home?

And wine probably has quite a bit of sugar in it, doesn't it? Sugar makes me fat!! No regular pop for me ever!!! :eek:

Whill around 1000 does seem low, I'm actually not as worried because I thought you might be absolutely starving! So long as you aren't feeling dizzy or weak, go ahead and do what you think works best :) Also, if you are considering trying to eat breakfast in the morning, it is MUCH more likely that you'll be hungry if you don't eat within a couple of hours before bed. Or do you exercise at night? Whatever you choose, so long as it seems to be effective and you feel okay, do it :)

Will you get to do anything special with OH when he comes home?

Great advice Molly :)

We're just having a movie night I think :) He's not back yet though. I think you're probably right! The reason I'm not feeling hungry is obviously because I'm not having my first meal until around 5pm or later :/ doh! I'll take your advice and add breakfast. Maybe I could have half an Exante shake until they run out then start making my own. Thanks Molly!

Yay SO happy to have finally got down to the 1 stone mark! 14 lbs down :D I lost 2lbs this week, not bad considering saturdays disaster. So from monday I'll be having half an Exante shake for breakfast. I'll add more veg and protein and start an exercise dvd. Hope everyone has a fab weekend :)

Well done on the stone!! :talk017:

To me that was the point when I realised I could actually do this. :)

Thanks everyone! :thankyou:

Unfortunately I've been a naughty girl :rolleyes:. I've not counted anything for a week or two, had a couple take away's, no exercise etc. Luckily I have only gone up 2lbs which I expect to be gone within a couple of days. Considering I've been off plan I think I've done pretty well with my portions and choices. I can't eat half as much as I used to. I'm back and motivated to shift a significant amount of weight before Christmas! :xmastree:

I'm really looking forward to winter, which is weird. I hate that there are so many skinny girls around here! Maybe all the overweight women stay indoors because of all of the idiots in this area :rolleyes:. I'm still planning on moving back to where I was and really hope I can before Christmas! I really miss the place.

Anyway, hope everyone is well :)

P.S. thanks for checking up on me, Molly :)

So today I've had 1022 calories. Not very healthy food at all, but at least I stayed low on calories. Think I might find a picture to post! Eeeek!

Back