Confessions of an Indecisive Dieter

Well turns out I'm probably not pregnant, but my 14 year old sister is :cry:

I'm so upset and worried for her. I posted about her relationship on this site a while ago after finding out my mum was allowing her to have an almost live-in 18 year old boyfriend http://www.minimins.com/parents-car...ar-old-girls-18-year-old-men.html#post4101196

I guess I need to silence my old fashioned opinions and be there for her. God, she's just a baby :( my mum was 16 when she had me, and as soon as I found out I said this would happen. I cried and had a bit of a rant, then my mum said "this is why we find it difficult to tell you things" yeah because you're allowing something illegal and in my opinion morally wrong to happen under your roof :confused:. I should just not give a damn.

Diet wise, not been counting anything and haven't weighed myself, but I feel smaller. Will start counting again tomorrow. Hope everyone is well.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry hun. I'm sure things will work out, but I am sending you lot's of love and happy vibes. :)

Oh no!!!! She's just a child. I agree, it really is irresponsible of your mom to let her do these things; 14 year old girls (and 18 year old boys) are NOT capable of making mature and informed decisions. I feel the exact same way you do! :( :hug99:

Thanks all :)

We have always been really close and she always listened to me up until my mum left my dad and moved down south to where I am. Once the authority figure was out of the way, neither of them seemed to care. I guess the fact that my dad had controlled my mum for so long resulted in her letting my sister do whatever she wanted. It's such a shame but all I can do is support her. I've already ordered a huge pregnancy hamper and filled it with loads of goodies :rolleyes:. Including a "my auntie rocks" baby grow lol. I know I'm getting carried away but I can't help it.

We're all getting a bigger house together soon (her bf is even helping to fund the move) so I'll be there through all of it. I'm not looking forward to leaving my current house because I absolutely love the house and the freedom (I'm too old to be living at home again!). But I think for the time being it's probably for the best, we'll all become a lot closer (hopefully). My OH will split his time between his and ours until he finally offically moves closer. His family has left him a three bedroom house, so he'll have to get a house down here, then we'll finally be living together properly. Does anyone think it's strange for a guy to talk about "when we're married, where we'll get married" and who we'll invite etc, more than once a week without proposing? He's very confusing lol.

This is turning into more of a general diary than a weight loss one :p

Weight news - I'm still 15 lbs down. Not lost anything else, which is kind of annoying but at least I've not put any on! I've had so much to think about lately I've not really been trying. Here's to tomorrow :p

P.S. I actually met the 18 year old boyfriend on saturday! I wanted to strangle him and found it really hard to even look at him. My sister came straight over once my mum told me she was pregnant, gave me a hug and said "I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry" is right!!! But she's hurt herself more than anybody else!

So I take it there will be no adopting then? My mom would have a) disowned me and b) hooked me up with adoptive parents straight away... but that's my mum for you... :p

It sounds like you are trying your best to balance priorities with supporting family and being with OH, and weight loss. WELL DONE on not gaining anything, especially during these stressful times!

Definitely no adopting. My mum was 15 when she got pregnant with me, which makes me want to cry and laugh at the same time because history is repeating itself! Thank god I've waited so long. I seem to be the only person in the family who has! We also found out our 18 year old half sister (dads daughter) is pregnant and my dads apparently disowned her :/

To be honest, my mum allowed this to happen by giving her free run of the house with an 18 year old boyfriend and not putting her on contraception. I hate to say I told you so, but I did. All I can do now is support her an encourage her to continue with school/college etc.

I'm the black sheep of the family for sure.

Thanks for the well done :) now I need to step it up a gear and get those scales moving again!

I hope you will forgive me for saying this, but it sounds more like you are the single white sheep among the black ones... ;) (Tell me if I'm out of line saying that!)

You are a good sister and a good example. :)

Well, you sound far more positive today chick! She is very lucky to have a big sister who is such a stable role model and who cares about her so much!!
I know it must have been hard to meet that boy! But at least he intends to stick around and i guess there are those out there who would find out they were going to be a dad at that age and run off! The fact that he is putting his own money into the house shows maybe that he isn't planning on just running off!

I am curious though... what happens now from a legal standpoint? Your sister will have to go for a scan and things wont she and i just wondered if anything would happen to him when she does.

Things always have a way of working out for the best! Just really push her to stay in education! Even if she has to be home schooled for a while. (woah! sorry got a little preachy there didnt i?! :))

Good on you for the STS... i think in your situation i would have been face first in a chinese banquet for two! You are obviously one very strong lady :D

Hope your Thursday is a good one hun xx

You never know the baby could be the making of everyone Pencils - everything happens for a reason xxxx
The only way anything would happen to the boyfriend legaly is if the mother went to the police - as long as their is no complaint he cant be charged with anything even though she's underage.
You do get some good young mothers, and if youre all their pitching in then she might end up going to college or anything - this might not be the worst thing to ever happen.

And lol at the non-proposal - mind you make him do the one knee thing eventually though ;)

Hope youre doing ok in yourself chick, and yay we both at 15lb! Go us!!!! xxxxxxx

Molly - that made me laugh :p thanks x

Kate - I am far from stable, but thank you :). I will definitely push her with education, although I have a feeling my mum won't!

Hey Rowan :D you are doing so well! I'm sure I was 12 lbs down when you started, so you're doing far better than me! I think you're right about it bringing us closer together - that has already happened. We were in a bad place before all of this. I think showing my support has had a huge effect on both of us.

Well what I said would happen has (again)! Someone has reported my sisters boyfriend to the police (I didn't do it, although I'm sure they wondered!) they have been in touch with a social worker who was trying to get my sister into college and they all have to have a meeting. The police didn't know she was pregnant and there are other things on the record with social services because of my dad, which I won't go into. I'm worried something bad might happen because they'll deem my mum as incapable of parenting her properly or something. I am a drama queen though, so maybe I'm overreacting. I feel like I'm part of the kind of family who goes on Jeremy Kyle right now :argh:. I'm sure my dad will find out soon too, so god help her boyfriend :sigh:

Lot's of hugs pencils, it sounds like things are really stressful and mixed up right now.

I will focus on the positive though, well done on the loss. Keep it up, you are doing great. :)

16lb loss is brilliant, especially with all the stresses going on in your life at the moment. Stress always sends me face-first into the contents of the fridge!

Hope things are ok :)

Kate, you completely remind me of a friend of mine in Wales :D

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

I'm not feeling great right now! Me an OH ended it last night :cry: he is sooo defensive, stubborn and cold. I just can't handle the way he treats me any more. I left ex's in the past who loved me and would fight for me so much more, so I find myself wondering why he never does the same. The best way I can describe it is he's a complete 'flop' (not in that way lol).. nothing there, he'll just walk away because of his pride and 'rules'. My mum and sister are trying to get us back together because they love him, but at this point I can't see it happening.

I'm a barrel of laughs lately :p

On a good note, my sister was straight over. Its strange how her pregnancy has made us so much closer! Pretty much as close as we used to be.. which is nice. I'm even beginning to like her boyfriend :eek: he got me some wine tonight to cheer me up lol.

Weight wise, I'll start posting properly soon. I lost 2 lbs this week making 18 lbs total :)

Hope everyone is well, I'll catch up with diaries over the next couple of days.

Back