Stabilization CONSOSTAB (shared diary)

Thanks DD I have always worn maxi-skirts but am venturing into shorter lengths now as well :D must get some more pics! I am still amazed at my legs/thighs when I see my reflection somewhere!

Today is a good day [tm] :D my perserverance has paid off and I'm back down to 63.2kg despite a very 'RICH' Saturday (brownies, quiche, chocolate...) and a carby pancake day afternoon on Tue! And those dates...

How I did it? As the good doctor says - I returned to Conso (or on my terms: strict conso, no extras!) Cut back to 1 fruit a day. Reduced carb meals on the non-gala meal days. Made some mini cheesecakes to get me through the rest of the weekend and Monday without resorting to carby treats. But it took some willpower to resist choc biscuits offered at work, or those kit-kats that I know are *still* hiding in my kitchen! I did eat loads of Veg though (I always do, I treat them as 'neutral' food elements, taking a little bit of care around root veg, and I'm not fond of Avocado so no risk there!

So today I am allowing myself a more relaxed ConsoStab day: my small carb portion is actually a (bought) fruit&seed flapjack, and I am having (fresh) Mango in my yoghurt, as well as my morning glass of fresh juice.

The evening meal is a Frittata with tomatoes and spinach and some ricotta ('cheese allowance'). Maybe a glass of wine, and a salad. Not sure if I'll need any carbs I think the eggs will fill me up!
Tomorrows main meal is sausages & mash & veg with the family and no guilt!

Yay I managed to do a fluctuation 'down' this week and I am very pleased with myself. Now I think I can get ready for the Easter hols which sees us having two weeks with visitors. I must find out if my mum is still 'cruising' or not, she's not mentioned the diet in her recent e-mails. In any case there are a few Sunday roasts and celebration meals in there! And if it all gets too much maybe a take-away and DH & I were planning a night out as well, whilst we have resident babysitters!

Have a good weekend everyone - hope your weather is as nice as here (hope it stays this way too!)

It sounds as though you need to show off those new, lovely, slimmed-down legs, Anja! I fully intend to this summer - not mini-skirts, but have picked out a few knee-length/just above the knee ones. Enjoy the fruits of your success! :)

And how good are you to have pulled it all back so well! Jo was absolutely right. You certainly seem to have got the hang of all this.

It's good to know (and has calmed down my panic considerably) that it is possible to make up for the occasional excesses. Thanks for re-igniting my faith in Dukan. :)

It's good to know (and has calmed down my panic considerably) that it is possible to make up for the occasional excesses. Thanks for re-igniting my faith in Dukan. :)

Thanks, looks like we all (at least those who manage stick with it and share) seem to go through nearly the same stages / cycles: scared of conso, scared of stab, disillusioned with both (I was), and then we settle (mostly) into a workable solution.

Now I just need to get off the more 'diet' aspect such as using sweetener (except for hot drinks as I always have) and diet yoghurts. Looks liek Laura has done it now, but she doesn't have the 'snack' issues I deal with ;-)

But overall my daily diet has improved so much. It wasn't outrageously bad before, just too many biscuits but plenty of fruit & veg, wholegrains and minimal convenience foods. But now I definitely have my 5-a-day without even trying or paying attention to it, and my 2+ oily fish a week too.

I'm thinking of going to my GP for a general check up and also a look at my cholesterol, as eggs still feature every day and I'd like to know.

I'm really pleased to read you Anja... you really are a star. :D

Well done Anja, you have it sussed! Fabulous.:D

(Am still having sweetner in porridge but aiming to get rid if weigh-in is favourable in April - will start with every other day and go from there, then it will sugar in yogurt once that has stabilised).

PP Thursday musings!

I don't think PP days are for me - I managed last week, today was going well despite having no veg, but I had to stop myself finishing off the kids' apples at lunchtime (core included:eek:) and I've not stopped thinking about fruit since.

I need to rethink stabilisation. Maybe if I'm having a celebration/carb-heavy weekend, I can do conso for the rest of the week with non-white carbs (which I don't have often anyway) and PV + fruit but no cheese or bread twice a week.

On the plus side, I don't feel any heavier, clothes feel fine. Roll on Friday...

PP Thursday musings!

I don't think PP days are for me - I managed last week, today was going well despite having no veg, but I had to stop myself finishing off the kids' apples at lunchtime (core included:eek:) and I've not stopped thinking about fruit since.

I need to rethink stabilisation. Maybe if I'm having a celebration/carb-heavy weekend, I can do conso for the rest of the week with non-white carbs (which I don't have often anyway) and PV + fruit but no cheese or bread twice a week.

On the plus side, I don't feel any heavier, clothes feel fine. Roll on Friday...

I know that feeling about PP days. Mind you, my problem tends to be absent-mindedness. I end up automatically reaching for the fruit juice, cheese and bread, and then forcing myself to put them away again. My PP day cravings tend to be mainly for cheese. (Note to self: must stop thinking about cheese.)

Your re-think sounds very interesting. I'd be more than happy to follow that for Stab.

Yes you're probably right - I think what it does for me is remind me to keep an eye on the extras! I have been strict this week again (except for that red nose choc bar yesterday!) so we'll see what the scales say tomorrow but I intend to return to my 'normal' ConsoStab pattern that includes a small extra treat every day. that makes the 'need' for treats less urgent too if they are available every day.
Today I walked away from some lush cakes in honour of our outgoing head of department. Kept telling myself 'they're only cakes, something like that will come round again' and it worked!!

Just like the weekly weigh-in the PP just keeps me straight. I don't *think* it particularly makes up for any Gala meals or otherwise. If you're healthy eating and keeping the carbs in check you really ought not to 'need' this PP day? However the extra water that day (at least 2l instead of 1.5) is supposed to flood your intestine, and create an effect that lasts for a few days. It's in the Stab chapter in the book, I can't repeat it correctly at the moment.

I think it's more of a nuisance than anything else... If I get more comfortable with Stab I might see what happens if I drop it - maybe by just going to PV. And now I need a yoghurt - dinner was at 5pm....

Good morning,

guess what - today is another GOOD DAY [tm]

I feel like I'm back in control / on track. Another snack-free week (well, NEARLY), but a relaxed weekend resulted in another small loss so I'm back below 63. I ate mountains of Veg, my favourite Quinoa, and nice wholemeal bread and Camembert (to allowed qqty) into the mix. So there was no deprivation except steer clear of most of the sweet treats.

I feel like I'm really settling down into Stab now - learning out how to make the scales move either way without going over the top. That gives you a lot of confidence, you know that the scales will not always move up just because you are looking at a chocolate bar (even if you should be reaching for a better alternative anyway)! And gives you the confidence that you can recover from things such as holidays etc. without taking too much drastic action.

I am currently trying a 'healthy snack' delivery service called Graze - see next post if you want a freebie too. Once my freebie runs out I will probably start to take my own portions of healthy snacks such a 4 dried apricots or a small handful of sunflower seeds, as my kitchen is already full of those. Graze just adds a bit of variety - my boxes come fortnightly.

And another thing: the loose skin on my stomach has improved with time! My muscles underneath are probably still as weak as ever (I am exercising a few times a week), my mummy tummy shape will stay, but the actual loose skin has tightened a BIT. First I thought it's to do with the small gains of recent weeks adding padding but it still looked quite good this morning. I don't think I'll quite rush out to get a bikini though :eek:

But anyway - just wanted to share this, your body can recover - to an extent. Even if it's been a much bigger size for 20 years!

Re the snacking - and this is for my conso/stab mates only: I have just tried a freebie offering from Grazebox, you get four little portions of goodies and I ate them spread through the fortnight, on Tues and Fridays. They're very yummy and if you carefully choose your options you can make sure you only receive extra-healthy stuff (mainly dried fruit & nuts, but exclude the focaccia, olives or chocolate).

If anyone is interested, I have a code you can use for your own free box:
Just forward on this special promotion code to give all your friends a free graze box and another half price

free box code: 6F1BWJRM they enter at: www.graze.com >
Apologies for the shameless plug, I can delete it if you think I should.

You're sounding really positive about all of this, Anja - that's so good to read. The good thing is that there are plenty of delicious foods we can eat on Stab and Conso, and it seems that you now have the balance just about spot on. :)

Thanks also for the Graze link. I shall take a closer look at that later. The focaccia does like nice, and I am trying REALLY hard to ignore it. ;-)

Those boxes look nice, probably just as well I can't get them here.;)

Well done, Anja, on another good week.:D

I had some of these before I started dukan and thought they were great - and it was always a treat to get some chocolate in one of the packs :) All the contents seemed extra plump and luscious (a bit like myself!)

Yes they are nice - and strictly rationed. I also went in and edited my prefs to exclude NEARLY all added sugars (honey roast anything), chocolate or meringue. Left in a couple of mixes with dark choc and got one last week. It had three tasty dark chocolate buttons in it - just the right amount! I also allowed one flapjack with seeds.

DD: just make your own. No doubt more cost effective too.

On another front - survived my baking extravaganza, but maybe not as unscathed as I might have hoped ;-) Each recipe makes two loaf-tins so I had some for the family and was able to contribute three cakes to the appeal (inc. one from the freezer that had been safely stashed there since Christmas!!) and I hope my friend makes a good profit!

Found that DD1 loves the banana cake I make (100% wholemeal) so at least I have a recipient for that. And the others were happy with the Cardamom cake (simply take any plain vanilla sponge-type cake and add 2.5 ts ground cardamom - divine)

Now back to normal, and no Graze boxes this week....

Said friend also embarked on Dukan two weeks ago (inspired by my success) and is finding it fab. Like everyone - me included - she fell into the Vanilla-yoghurt-with-sugar trap :( but at least is had not yet/visibly affected her success.
I think the book is 'badly' written at that point: "but I'm allowed lemon yoghurts" - "but I'm allowed fruit yoghurts". "but it is "fat-free vanilla".

In each case I had to say 'yes BUT...'

Glad the baking went well, Anja.:) My lot will eat banana cake quite happily too but have never had cardamon cake - definitely one to try soon!

I'm having a stricter week after the gala weekend (from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon:eek:) so PV + cheese today and PP on Thursday *sigh*.

Good luck to your friend, I'm not surprised that your success has inspired her as you've done all 4 stages properly and are a real success story (unlike me who has cheated quite a lot:eek:).

Lovely post Anja.

The yoghurts are a tough one because those he really recommends are the 0% fat Sveltesse Ferme & Fondant vanilla, lemon, coconut ones available over here. In a perfect world, they'd have found an equivalent over there before publishing the book. Mullers (toffee and vanilla) aren't far off, but are double sized, so who leaves half?!

Will your friend be joining us?

Back