Cooked meats - help please !

kath3852

Hello - I have been reading the posts for inspiration and just come across the one talking about some wafer thin ham needing to be synned.

Can you clever lot tell me which (unless they all do) cooked meats that I can get from the supermarkets not need to be synned. I had stupidly thought that they would be free but obviously not.

Thanks for your help

Kath

never known them to be synned on EE

Hello - I have been reading the posts for inspiration and just come across the one talking about some wafer thin ham needing to be synned.

Can you clever lot tell me which (unless they all do) cooked meats that I can get from the supermarkets not need to be synned. I had stupidly thought that they would be free but obviously not.

Thanks for your help

Kath

'Fresh' meats are free, it's the reformed stuff that is sometimes synned as it contains sugars etc

isnt that strange? - just checked and the Tesco one comes up as free but the Bernard Matthews one is synned - am glad I buy tescos now

Sorry I am being a bit dim.... what classes as 'fresh' meat ?

I have been buying the pre-packed stuff to eat when i get in from work if I need something to see me through to evening meal. Surely I don't have to start cooking meat now. I'll have to have a search on line to find the free stuff

Thanks

I couldn't think of the right word-normal Sliced meats, as opposed to reformed things-if in doubt check the ingredients!

Roasted meats from a joint are free. Ie i buy sliced Roast Ham, Turkey, Beef etc from the butchers. I've not really ever bought the reformed type meats, they usually have added water, sugar and additives. You can get roasted meat that isn't reformed in the supermarkets, just look at the labels and it will say if they are made using 'reformed' meat.

Tesco's sliced/wafer thin cooked ham is free as its the 'no added water' range and any in that range are :) think the packs are 2 for £5 bit pricey :/

As long as it isn't reformed its free. If it doesn't say if its formed or reformed you can guarantee its reformed and will probably need syn'ing.

I bought some Morrisons wafer thin roast chicken and that's free

Back