Cookies Food Diary xx

Horrible Day

Today has been an awful day. My Little One (10months old) has been ill since last Thursday with a virus and today he took a real turn for the worse and got rushed to hospital. It was so scary and I felt sick to my stomach.
So After giving him fluids they allowed me to bring him home tonight. He's still really unwell... he's sleeping at the mo, so I really hope he feels a bit better when he wakes up. Poor little chap!:( I just wish there was something I could do to make him feel better, I just feel so helpless.

Anyway, so I didn't eat all day due to worry and then we had a PizzaHut when I got back from the Hospital. I must admit counting points was the last thing on my mind..... but I'll still write it down....

Monday 15th February 2010

Breakfast & Lunch
~~~~~~~~~~~

Supper
Margherita Pizza
Cookie Dough
Total(20)+????

Drinks
Diet Coke(0)
Fanta Zero(0)
Water(0)

Total20/20

I'll double check the points tomorrow, I can't be bothered at the mo! I didn't have much pizza and only had a quarter of the Cookie dough, though from memory Cookie Dough is a days points allowance in itself! lol
Will update Tomorrow.

hope the bubba is ok :)

Hope little one is soon on the mend:hug99:

Hey hon,

hope your little one is feeling a bit better, it is awful when they get ill especially when they are so young you just feel so helpless, been there a couple of times with my LO she is almost 7 months old now but when she does have bout of illness be it a cold or just teething pains it spins my eating all over the place and the last thing I think I about is counting points or making healthy choices I just eat what is put in front of me by hubby or MIL.

Don#t worry too much about your eating yesterday, it was just one day and your loss's so far have been brill.

hugs for the LO and you, hope he is feeling better.

xxx

I hope your little boy is feeling better soon - it is so scary when they deteriorate quickly - but they recover quickly too, so hopefully you will notice a big improvement very soon.

Congratulations on your weight loss - you're doing really well!

Lesley
X

Thanks so much for all your kind words everyone!!!!!
Well my little man is definately on the mend! Elkay you are so right, he went down hill so quickly, then yesterday about 5pm he suddenly (out of the blue) started to perk up!!!! He smiled for the 1st time in a week, kept some food and water down and was more interested in the world around him(i.e. His Big Bro was home from his Nannies and he wanted to sabbotage his jigsaw! lol)
Then this morning he is almost back to normal apart from the pooping! lol I'm just so relieved! My 4yr old never really got ill, but the bubba seems to catch every germ and bug going!

As for eating..... All my motivation seems to have gone and I've gone over my points (yesterday) on a MAJOR binge! I'm so gutted, but I'm not going to give up. Today is a new day and I'm gonna try again!
Part 2 to follow.....

Tuesday 16th February 2010

Breakfast
Half a WW Blueberry Muffin(1.25)
(I wanted the whole thing but my son decided Mummy should SHARE like I'm always telling him too! lol I couldn't really argue with that!)
1 cup of tea(0.25)
Total(1.5)

Lunch
(Shared lunch with my Mum at a cafe but the chicken nuggets didn't taste right, so we didn't eat much)
Childs Chicken Nuggets(only ate 1!), Chips(3 chips!) & salad(2.5)
Half a Cheese & tomato panini(4)
Hot Chocolate (2)
Total(8.5)

Dinner
(I enjoyed my dinner soooo much it was really yummy!! I would highly recommend the Schwartz packets of Potato Roastie seeasoning, it makes the frylight roasties taste so good and the WHOLE packet is only 1.5points! I tend to use about an eighth of the packet and store it for another day)
WW Cottage Pie(5.5)
Frylight Roast Potatoes(1.5)
Schwartz Crispy Potato Roasties seasoning(0.5)
Roasted Frylight Carrots(0)
Carrots(0)
Brussels sprouts(0)
Cauliflower(0)
Broccoli(0)
Gravy(0.5)
Total(8)

Snacks
~~~~

Drinks
Water(0)
Fanta Zero(0)
Diet Coke(0)

Total18/20

2points saved.

Incase anyone is interested I bought the Schwartz Roastie packets from Sainsburys. They do different flavours, I have tried 2 of them:

Schwartz Potato Roastie seasoning-Sage& Onion, Whole packet, 1.5points.

Schwartz Potato Roastie seasoning-Southern fried, Whole packet, 1.5points.

My favourite is the Sage&Onion flavour, well worth the points.

Binge Alert!!!!

Wednesday 17th February 2010

Breakfast
~~~~~~

Lunch
Half a pack of WW Meditteranean Pasta(2)
(It was Horrible, so I didn't eat much)
Crunchynut clusters & skimmed milk(7)
Total(9)

Binge througout the evening!!!!!
A bagel & jam(4)
2x Iced Gems(3)
4x chocolates(4)
Cadburys creme Egg(4?)
Transformer crisps(2)
Nik Naks(2.5)
1x toffee(1)
Cadburys Chocolate Trifle(5)
Tesco Value Lemon Icelolly(0.5)
Total(26!!!!!!!!!!!):eek::(:eek::(

Grand Total 35/20!!!!

15points OVER!!!:(

Although this day was a nightmare, I'm pleased (tho somewhat embarrased!) that I've written it all down. At least I'm acknowledging the binge rather than lying to myself and my diary and not logging it all down! I've had a good think and have some new ideas to keep me on the straight and narrow and to prevent future binges. Such as no longer keeping sweet treats in the house!!! I only ever binge in the evening so need to do something else instead!

On a more positive note. I went to buy a dress that I like from Next. I took my usual size 16 into the changing rooms, thinking iit would be a bit tight as usual, but.... it was like a tent!!! I ended up buying a Size 14 and even that was a bit loose. Next sizes seem a bit larger to me, so I'll wait till I need size 14 jeans before I really celebrate.... but it was a great feeling all the same! :D:D

Firstly, I'm so glad your little boy is feeling better. :D Secondly, don't beat yourself about the minor setback with your points this week - it's been traumatic with your little one being ill so you are excused! Thirdly, congratulations on dropping a dress size - that should keep you motivated now! Finally, thank you for the info re the Schwartz Potato Roastie seasoning - I am going to try this sprinkled over homemade potato wedges to spice them up a bit.

Take care.

Lesley
X

Hi hon,

Glad the LO is feeling a bit better. I can understand the binging - I have been a carrot baton away from eating myself into oblivion all week. I don't know what it is, but I am feeling awfully hungry of late.

Really glad he is feeling better.

xxx

Oh and well done on getting into the size 14 dress's those size 14 jeans can't be that far behind.

xx

As always, Thankyou so much girls!!!! You always give me great advice and I truly believe that I'd of quit this diet weeks ago if it wasn't for you guys and this site!:D

Elkay, that seasoning will be fab on Wedges!!!

Scattykookie,
I totally know what you are saying.... I seem to be constantly hungry now!!!! I don't know why! Maybe it's cos in the past, I've grazed ALL day and I've eaten so much that I've not really let myself get hungry before Im eating again, so now I'm eating less often perhaps I'm experiencing hunger for the first time in months! lol:D

xxx

Thursday 18th February 2010

Breakfast
Ready Brek, sweetener & skimmed milk(2.5)
Cup of tea(0.25)
Total(2.75)

Lunch
~~~~

Snack
Hot chocolate(3)

Dinner
Chicken Chowmein & 2chips(7)

Dessert
WW cornetto(2.5)
WW Banoffee Dessert Whip(1)
Total(3.5)

Drinks
Water(0)
Fanta zero(0)
Diet Coke(0)

Total 16.25/20

3.75points saved:D

I'm pleased with today (although I ate junk and NO fruit or veg) because I didn't snack in the evening and I didn't have loads of sweet treats!!! I think my Lent challenge is going to be no snacking in the evening after my dinner.... I'll allow myself a dessert and that's it! So far so good.

Friday 19th February 2010

Breakfast
Ready Brek, sweetener & skimmed milk(2.5)
Cup of tea(0.25)
Total(2.75)

Snack
WW Bacon Corn Bites(1)

Lunch
WW Chicken Tikka & basmati rice(5.5)
An apple(0.5)

Snack
A fudge bar(2)
1 slice 50/50 crustless (0.5)
1 teaspoon Nutella(1)

Dinner
WW Chocolate dessert(3)
Snack a Jack Popcorn(0.5)
1 Chocolate(1)

Total 17.75/20

2.25points saved

Last edited:
Hi Cookie:wavey:

I decided not to eat between meals for Lent - I had no idea how difficult it would be:eek: I still have 38 days to go:cry:praise God that coffee is not classed as eating:D

Shame you are busy tomorrow but hope your party goes well - we'll toast you and yours in Starbucks;)

Hi Helen,
I hope you girls have a great day tomorrow! Im dreading the party a little now! All my family who were meant to be helping out have let me down at the last minute! I'm not too worried about the party itself, I think the problem is gonna be that I will have a 10month old attached to my hip whilst doing everything else! (And he is quite a demanding chap! lol) Oh well so long as the little ones enjoy themselves, that's the main thing! (And they'd better enjoy themselves it's cost me over £300 pounds already!)

I actually live about 20miles from Norwich.... if I was a bit closer I'd of sneaked out to meet you all! Anyway... I'll be thinking of you all!

I'm struggling with my lent challenge already! I've discovered that all I really do is snack in the evening, so I need to try and work on that! Goodluck with your Lent challenge Helen (and everyone else!)
xxx

Saturday 20th February 2010

Breakfast
~~~~~

Lunch
~~~~

4pm
Hot Chocolate(3)

7pm (Supper)
Tesco LC Ham & cheese sandwich(5)
Extra Lite salad Cream(0.5)
Cucumber slices(0)
Transformer crisps(2)

Dessert
50g Red & white Grapes(0.5)
WW Cornetto(2.5)

Snacks
~~~~

Drinks
Water(0)
Diet Coke(0)

Total 13.5/20

6.5points saved:D

I had a great day, although rather tiring! I had a party for my son who is going to be 5 next Sunday.:family2:

There were 32kids plus my 2 and I never knew how stressfull it is to be a 'Host'!!!!! My son was devasted as there was a mixup at the venue and he didn't get a piece of his OWN chocolate birthday cake!!! I felt so bad for him, he blew the candles out, the staff took it away to cut it and wrap it up for the party bags, and somehow the 8pieces that were left (It was huge and served 40people!) got given to someone else! He's not a fan of sweets but he loves birthday cake and he was so looking forward to it, Bless him! He's still talking about it now! Though maybe the mix up did me a favour dietwise..... I hate to think how many points half a dozen pieces of cake would be! lol :candle1:

I didn't get anytime to eat all day, what with making up party bags, getting the kids ready, getting myself ready, sorting the party, kissing bumps better,etc etc lol But it was soooo much fun and my little boy enjoyed it sooooo much!!!!:D I will plan it with military precision next year!!!

So i had dinner quite late. I hadn't prepared anything for tea, so stopped at my local Tesco Express on the way home, The Tesco light choice sandwich was ok, but a little bland... yummy once I'd added salad cream! And I really enjoyed everything I ate far more than usual... maybe it's cos I'd waited so long for food!

Congratulations on all fronts!:D

Shame the little man missed out on birthday cake - I'm sure he loved everything else though;)

Hopefully next time we meet you'll be able to join us:p

Back