Coping around food when its your job?

stephanees

How do people not eat when their job is based around food?

I work all week in a office which is great as it keeps me occupied and set lunch breaks ect but at the weekends I work as a waitress and that's where I am worried I am going to fall down in this diet- picking and eating the food, especially bread and butter!

On the other hand there is a hot water boiler and soup bowls so no excuse not to stick to it...

Hi Stephanees! I own a cake shop and work alone most of the time so been finding it really difficult to stick to it. I was having nibbles all the time or completely blowing it by eating cake! But this week, something has clicked in my head and so far I have had a perfect week and I'm well and truly in ketosis so not feeling hungry. But I'm trying to deal with my emotional hunger - there's been many times this week I've picked something up to eat and had to throw it in the bin to stop myself!

But what I think has helped the most is I read a post on the Slim and Save forum about cheating. Basically it said that nothing will taste as good as how I will feel when the weight is dropping off. And the good feeling of eating that bit of something will last seconds whereas weight loss will feel even better for longer! So I just keep reminding myself of that.

(Sorry it's a bit long winded but hope it helps :) )

Totally agree with the above post.. i work in a caff every day and i also thought how am i gona cope and you know its never bothered me something in my head just clicked and i tell yself that all the time.. nothing is going to taste as good as losing this weight is going to feel. So if you are really determined and just get your head into the fact that you want to lose this weight you will be fine =)

I work in a bakery in Asda so I'm surrounded by food all the time in work but tbh it doesn't really bother me anymore! At first it did but now I'm so focused I just think 'oh I'll treat myself to that once I'm at goal' :) the food is still gonna be there at the end of the day so just keep yourself busy and think how much better u will feel seeing the scales go down than how the food will make u feel! Good luck! xx

Back