Cosmetic Surgery

Wow SD1722! :eek: 10 stone in 8 months? That is fantastic, well done you!

I am hoping to have surgery when i reach goal. I want to have a TT and breast lift, maybe with implants, but i'll wait and see how they look before deciding for definate :D

I have been looking into a company called Cosmetica Travel who seem to have a very good reputation and the prices are excellent.

Ladies, I work @ a hospital in the Plastic surgery Unit and i personally would never go abroad to have any Plastic surgery!!!!
A Plastic surgeon has to train for 6yrs med school, 3/4yrs as a junior doctor. Then another 6years as a registra in the field of Plastic surgery before they can even apply for a consultant Plastic Surgeon post.
There are to many butchers/cowboys out there please be very careful.
Im not on my soap box :) just wanted to give you a little advice

UK surgeons can also be 'butchers'. My mother had a bad experience with a Harley St surgeon. I think you just have to do plenty of research whether you're having surgery in the UK OR abroad. Not all docs abroad are butchers - they have to train, too.

UK surgeons can also be 'butchers'. My mother had a bad experience with a Harley St surgeon. I think you just have to do plenty of research whether you're having surgery in the UK OR abroad. Not all docs abroad are butchers - they have to train, too.

Too true karen, I saw a programme ages ago, I think Jordan/Katie Price fronted it, and it said the best way to find a good surgeon was 'word of mouth' plus ask him/her if you can contact previous clients of his/hers if they refuse or do not have any patients willing to come forward then alarm bells should ring!

Hi there,

I had surgery abroad with Cosmetica Travel after I lost 6.5 stones. It was without doubt THE best thing I have ever done.

Unfortunately the only stories you tend to hear of surgery abroad are the the horror stories and you really have to look beyond that. But its also true that most other countries have to train for a lot longer than surgeons in the UK anyway and more importantly for me the level of care that you receive is far far more than you could ever expect to receive in the UK!!

You MUST do thorough research and not just scrape the surface though....which is quite time consuming and boring at times!

Have you seen the latest Inspiration magazine (Autumn). There is a story in there about a tummy tuck abroad........

...... and I know that cos that lady is me!!!!

Giggly
xx

Thanks for the replies.
I've been researching the op for many many months now and have been in close contact with my surgeon. I'm going to Prague to a clinc called Prague Beauty, i've heard lots of amazing stories from that clinic and a client of my CD has just come back from there after having a tummy tuck, she loved the results and thought the clinic and staff were amazing, i'm confident that i've chosen the right place. The price is right (lol) and i'm sooooo looking forward to it. I'm also going to sneak in some liposuction aswell while im there, might as well make the most of it!!!

Penny, my boyfriend has offered to pay half of my surgery bill but i'm not taking it, it's my fault I need surgery in the first place, so it's me who's going to get the loan out and pay for it myself!!! (oh jesus, I hate getting credit)!!! xx

But darling he will be getting the benefits too, let him pay, he wants to share this with you, let him, remember hes the lucky one, he has you! So let him say thankyou.

The surgeon I am using has been qualified for 30 years, he's head of the clinic and comes highly recommended, i've seen all of his certificates so I am very very confident that he's the right one for me. How often do you hear success stories in the press these days! They always focus on the negatives to cause more of a stir, but that's not fazing me at all. xx

congratualtions on a massive weightloss and fighting those food demons!

also good luck with the TT -- you're very brave and I know it will come out fine in the end cuz it sounds like you've done the right research about your clinic/surgeon.

and finally, i agree with Penny -- let your boyfriend pay 1/2 -- he offered...so it must mean that he's got the loot to spend! (if he didnt have it, would he offer?) plus, he has you!!!!!!!!!!!

have you done any b4 and after photos on minimins???

Hi Sd I have had boob uplift which I had 2007 and body lift in september 2008 on the Nhs, I see my surgeon at the end of the month to check my body lift which looks fab then after that he is doing a thigh lift, he thinks my arms ok but will do them if I want but he thinks they are not worth the scares their. Before you go abroad try your Nhs as I got mine no problems and if you get refused ask to see another surgeon as I know someone who did but then got it after seeing someone different, I know it depends on your pct but I would try it will save you a lot of money. I had lost 7 stone and you only have to lose 3 stone to qualify, and you have lost 10, well done. Good luck x x x

I havent done any before and after pics up yet, but I will once i've finished and had everything done. As for the NHS, i'm inpatient, there would be no way they cud do it by April so i'm happy to pay and work to my own timescales. I'm off to mexico in august, so everything's timed perfectly!! lol (yes i have a little OCD) xx

You should still try, my friend saw the consultant and she was in the next week because of a cancellation. You have to get your doctor to refer you, but it is possible to have it done quick depending on pct, but good luck whatever you decide, its worth it :)

Wow, huge well done you. That is an amazing weight loss. I would love to hear about your experience with cosmetic surgery. It is something I am considering.

B x

Hi Sue

Firstly congratulations on your weight loss, you must be feeling brilliant.
I would like to tell you about my cosmetic surgery story and I hope it helps you.
After losing my weight I decided to save up and have a tummy tuck in the UK. After researching surgeons in the UK and overseas (belgium and prague) and speaking to people who have actually had the surgery, I decided to have my op with Spire, Murrayfield on the Wirral Merseyside. It cost me £5,125.00 and I can honestly say it's has been so worth it. My recovery was hassle free and my results are amazing. I am due to have a breast augmentation on the 31st Jan with Transform, Manchester.
A tummy tuck is a major operation. I have had 3 c/sections. The pain from the tt was far worst and very very painful. I could not stand properly for about 2 weeks as it felt like I was about to split in half. You can't sleep properly for ages, I had to sleep propped up on about 10 pillows, and as for going to the loo etc, my god that was an experience and a half!! The little things we take for granted become such an ordeal in the first couple of weeks.
There is no way on this earth that I could have travelled, especially flying. I consider myself to be made of quite hard stuff too (I only took 2 weeks maternity leave with 3 kids!!) :eek: 2 days after my tt I walked from my hospital room to the reception and nearly passed out it was so difficult.
What I'm trying to say Sue is as long as you have done your homework on your surgeon, the company (including their aftercare policies) and have your army of helpers I am sure you will be fine. If I am totally honest with you, from experience, there is no way I would go abroad for a tummy tuck, it is too big an op. Major operations and travelling (even if you are staying in the swankiest of hotels) just do not go together. My best advice would be save up that bit extra and get it done here in the UK.
Go and have a look on the lookyourbestuk.com forum and take a look on their surgery abroad section. It has loads of good advice etc.

Good luck and take care.

Sam

Back