Couch to 5km - c25k

xsarahx

Gold Member
I started this yesterday and wondered if anyone fancied joining me - we can all motivate each other!

If you don't know what it is, it is a nine week programme to get you from running 5km and is ideal for those who haven't run in years, if ever! Google c25k for more info - there is great website for it.

I know I am going to need some moral support so if anyone else fancies giving it a go then maybe we could use this as a thread for it!

I will have a look at it:D

Wish I could do this with you! I started afew months ago and got to the end of week 3 but had to stop due to pain in my foot! Found I'm flat footed and I've been told not to run until I've had my hospital referral :( when I'm back to it I will join you. Its fun :)

I will join u, I started on Sunday and have dragged my 13 yr old brother along with me as he could do with the exercise!

When do u plan on doing day 2? It made me realise how unfit I am.. I used to run cross country for the school when I was younger but 8 years on and 2 kids later I can't run to save my life lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck, i have looked into this but i'm on my own with my 2 girls and i don't have the time or childcare to do it.

Yay!

I'm doing run 2 tomorrow night after work - think run 2 is the same as run 1 - I havent looked yet - quite looking forward to it though!

Good idea getting the brother involved. I thought about asking one of mine but they are both very fit and would be bored at these early stages - I'll invite them along when I get in to longer runs!

My brothers are the same, hard to believe we are from the same gene pool!!!
So impressed that you're doing this Sarah. I'm still to huge to run, but I am looking forward to doing it soon. I'll keep track of your progress as motivation :)

Hi Sarah I did day 2 this morning after my spin class (what was I thinking)

I actually quite enjoyed it! I still find it hard to believe we will be able to run 5k in 9 weeks time tho!! Good luck with your run tonight x

I quite like the idea of this but I don't have gym membership anymore so no treadmill! I might start it once I'm back to uni and use the gym there though.

Day 3 completed this morning.. we actually ran further today, had to change the route towards the end as we would of made it home a run early :)

Gonna start week 2 on Sunday if all goes to plan.

How are u getting on? X

Hi all I started this tonight so day 1 complete. I have treadmill at home well my husband likes to call it a clothes horse :) so I'm going to be trying this at home facing a wall. Best of luck to you all

How do you find doing it outside sarah? What kind of place do you go to do it?

I went for a 'jog' (walk-jog-walk-die-jog-curse-jog.....) with a friend yesterday and am now thinking of dusting of my MP3 Pod Runner again. Thinking.

iwillsoonbeslim said:
I went for a 'jog' (walk-jog-walk-die-jog-curse-jog.....) with a friend yesterday and am now thinking of dusting of my MP3 Pod Runner again. Thinking.

Go for it - I did this as part of a running club we started at work - first time my friends had to get me a biscuit so I could stand up enough to drive home! 9th time out ran the whole 5k - could have walked it almost as fast but I jogged - love the bit of me time, the music and the feeling after. My 5k jog was 2 weeks ago nearly as went on holiday and it was too muddy to jog somewhere strange - can't wait for running club on Monday!

How do you find doing it outside sarah? What kind of place do you go to do it?

I am really nervous about running outside - I don't want lots of people seeing me! So, I have been driving to quite a wealthy area where not many people walk or drive and have just been running the roads there. I probably look like I am scoping out the houses to rob them! I sometimes go up and down the same road over and over again!

Once I have got a bit more confidence then I will move to the beach I think. The confidence this is not so much to do with how I look running, it is because I am running 1 min and walking 1.5 mins, and I dont want people to think - wow she is so unfit! I am actually capable of running more than what I am doing at the moment but I want to start at the beginning.

I found running on the treadmill more enjoyable - I think I felt less self concious and I was able to watch TV which kept my mind of the fact I was running! I think also, being able to see your time helps as it is a really good way of motivcating yourself .... just one more minute etc.

Give it a go!

Go for it - I did this as part of a running club we started at work - first time my friends had to get me a biscuit so I could stand up enough to drive home! 9th time out ran the whole 5k - could have walked it almost as fast but I jogged - love the bit of me time, the music and the feeling after. My 5k jog was 2 weeks ago nearly as went on holiday and it was too muddy to jog somewhere strange - can't wait for running club on Monday!

It is really nice that you run with a group - I am not ready for running with anyone else yet! Everyone I knows who would want to do it are far more advanced than me and I would feel like I was holding them back.

However, when I am doing the 5 min at a time runs then I will ask my brothers to come with me as I think 5 mins on, 5 mins off is OK!

I didn't manage to run yesterday and said I would today. I was a bit worried as that is the sort of thing I say and then never end up doing but I did it!

Went at around 5:30 this evening and it was absolutely boiling! I am sure it wasn't as hard as before though - my stomach and sides are hurting a lot - my legs dont ache at all - just my stomach and sides.

Does anyone else have that problem? Well, I say problem, but it isnt really as it means it is working!

Am tempted to start week 2 tomorrow but I am not sure as I know you are meant to have a day off to rest. Will see how I feel in the morning I think.

How is everyone else getting on?

Back