Creamy Curry :) (Super speedy!)

I went shopping the yesterday and bought a cauliflower just to make this curry. I'm hoping its a yummy as everyone says. Hate wasting food when I make something that noone likes!

Thanks for the Chickpea dahl recipe I'm going to give them a go.

I always add 2 gel pots to the cauliflower and I add a tbsp of honey to the curry after its blended, gives it a beautiful flavour

You should definitely try the curry sauce again, a few people in my group hated it the first time they made it and loved it the second time! What way did you make it?

just the same way the original msg says....
(just) covererd the florets with the stock, cooked until soft then blended it and added curry powder. to be honest i can totally see how it would pass as creamy curry sauce...i dont know if it was the taste of the curry powder i had (wasnt a brand one)
what do most people recommend?
i'd maybe give it another go with some decent spices??x

just the same way the original msg says....
(just) covererd the florets with the stock, cooked until soft then blended it and added curry powder. to be honest i can totally see how it would pass as creamy curry sauce...i dont know if it was the taste of the curry powder i had (wasnt a brand one)
what do most people recommend?
i'd maybe give it another go with some decent spices??x

Im thinking of trying it again with a few tweaks. Was thinking of frying some onions, garlic, tumeric, cumin and chilli with a tiny bit of curry powder and added it to the cauliflower and stock before blending. Texture wise it was fine it was just not the right flavour for me:)

Im thinking of trying it again with a few tweaks. Was thinking of frying some onions, garlic, tumeric, cumin and chilli with a tiny bit of curry powder and added it to the cauliflower and stock before blending. Texture wise it was fine it was just not the right flavour for me:)

Yeah add different things and see what works, adding another gel pot and honey totally did it for me, I absolutely loved it, had it poured over my chips with Linda McC rosemary & red onion sausages, onions and mushrooms, definitely a favourite meal for me

Also.....adding honey to curry doesn't give it a honey flavour it's just sweetens it up a bit and dulls down a strong curry powder taste

Just quickly knocked this up. Its so quick and simple. Not going to lie it looked like baby food but tasted just like chinese takeaway curry. Yum yum. Might try the blended coli in other curry recipes as I always find im adding cornflour to thicken them xxx

Dinner tonight.
Same method as my original post.
I added onion, mushroom and peas and had it with rice.

YUMMMMYYY!!

image-2001639683.jpg

Oh I just bought a massive cauliflower, and was thinking how much I missed jar and takeaway curries since I was forced to go gluten free last year will be trying this for sure! :)

Had this for dinner tonight with SW chips and HEA of cheese. Oh my god, tasted exactly the same as chipper curry. I couldnt believe it. Very tasty and so simple.

Wow this recipe must be a winner, 20 pages of comments over the past year! I shall defo be trying this! Thank you very much to Addi for posting it!

Rachael.

Will be trying this tonight along with 1 Syn Onion Bhajis!
If successful I will take along to food tasting at my group tomorrow! :D x

I bought my cauli last night. Will be making this for the very first time for tomorrow night's 'cheat takeaway' dinner. I'm going to make myself SW chips and cover it in this curry sauce. Will post pics! :)

I made this a few weeks ago and it was delicious. Couldn't taste the cauliflower.

Made some again at the weekend and froze it. Only had 1 chicken stock pot so threw in a veg one too. Defrosted it tonight and it there was a strong cauliflower taste. Added some garam masala and it took the cauliflower taste away.

Going to try this. Is Makyest curry powder okay to use? If not will get oxo curry cubes

Back