Credenhill's Diary

CarolineM

Stubborn and doing it
:wave_cry:

So here it is - who'd have thought I'd actually do a diary!

Today has been a good day - it's my first day on Diet Chef proper.

Breakfast: Nakd Berry Bar and a big mug of coffee

Snack: Er, another big mug of coffee

Lunch: Lizi's Chocolate Granola and a tin of grapefruit in juice (separately hehe!)

Snack: DC Pea and Ham Soup

Dinner: DC Chilli Con Carne and a bag of Steam Tesco Baby Veg Mix - added 50g (dry weight) of brown rice to up the cals and carbs

Snack: Avidlite Chocolate Dietmeal Pudding

Not sure how much water I've had, but no probs in that area.

Have kept a log of the calories and it all comes to 1,324 which puts me roughly in the middle of my doc's guidelines of 1,200 to 1,550. The fibre comes to 51g which is massive - may have to watch the vitamins drain - but at least I shall be "regular" :p

Not been that hungry as yet, but work has been busy and I have been distracted.

I need to go shopping and get in some fruit.

Fingers crossed for a good weigh-in on Monday :D

Caroline

Last edited:
Glad you've had a good day, I'm sure your weigh in on Monday will be a happy one - look forward to seeing how you get on!

What's the choccy pudding thing Caroline? I'm having a treat tonight of a WW microwave chocolate one, it's 186 cals but feel like something nice after struggling through work today lol think I'm eating more today but will bike again shortly to compensate!

Can't wait until our WI's next week - have you seen how many new 'friends' we've got on the googly place? ;)

LoChan - the pudding is a high protein mix thing - doesn't taste tremendously like chocolate, in the same way that a Cambridge chocolate shake doesn't exactly taste like chocolate, but it's not bad and 18g of protein to boot. Low carb so great for avoiding the sugar high.

Morning all :D

*hugs* to everyone

Had a great day yesterday even though faced with many a temptation. Saturdays I can't do DC as we go to my mum and end up going for a meal out.

Breakfast: DC spicy tomato and beef soup with big pack of steam veg (yes weird I know but hey I used to eat chow mein for breakfast hehe)

Lunch: 1.5 eggs - even weirder but all that mum had that was actually healthy

Dinner: Garlic Prawn with some ciabatta and sea bream

Snacks: One choccy biscuit, dried cherries and some weird strawberry jelly thing I got from tesco, one class of Buck Fizz

We went to see Australia yesterday - was really good, better than I thought it would be (I normally watch Sci Fi, etc.). That was 3 hours well spent without eating hehe!

So looking forward to the WI tomorrow - fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone.

Seems like a sensible day to me, I was tempted to try having my soup for breakfast today but just couldn't face it lol Went with chocolate granola and an M&S probiotic vanilla yoghurt - I love these atm as they're really creamy but fat-free and 75 cals. Makes the bowl look much fuller than it would having it with milk!

Don't know if I fancy watching Australia, think I'm having a day out to trafford centre week on tuesday to see Yes Man and hopefully visit TGI Fridays - the meal definitely won't be diet-friendly but it's a one-off :D

Oooh TGI Fridays - that Jack Daniel's glaze on a big juicy steak. Oh blimey, my mouth is watering haha! Still I have the Lamb Hot Pot for dinner with two bags of veg.

Yep, I'm really hungry at the mo - had a bath to try and take my mind away but nope, my stomach is growling at me, but it's way too early for dinner. Think I may have a massive mug of tea and see if that works. I have had enough water today to put me off for life and it just hasn't done anything for my hunger at all.

Breakfast: Chocolate Granola and mug of coffee

Snack: Nectarine

Lunch: Pea and Ham Soup with Food Doctor Pitta (yep they are lovely)

Snack: N'akd Berry Bar, 5 small chocolate truffles (20g in total)

Dinner: Two bags of veg with the Lamb Hot Pot

Snack: Avidlite chocolate pud (nice when eating it, but mega-sweet and yucky re the after taste)

Calories around 1,300 but fibre through the roof again at around 55g. Think I'll start taking a multi-vit in the morning.

Excited about WI tomorrow :D Feel like a child on Christmas Eve - whilst only really stuck to the diet for three days I'm still expecting a loss - fingers crossed :D

Looking forward to it - let's make Group 1 look good ;)

Having the lamb hotpot here too with some cabbage and leeks. I've never done keeping track of fibre before, I don't think I eat enough really, have started taking lepicol in the mornings when I remember (it's a psyllium husks thing with pre and probiotics, saw it in holland and barrett). Get's things through :eek:

Been on lots of herbal teas and stuff today too, I've got 'choco' flavoured ones and some cinnamon and ginger stuff, nice with a splash of milk and some sweetener - I've got a mini-jug so I've been measuring set amounts out and using it as and when to keep track more simply.

Oof *stretches* I'm a busy bee catching up on all the threads, a board dominator lol Gonna go have a nakd bar with coffee now methinks and see you all later if not tom'ow!

Me is so chuffed. Okay, I WI'd this morning at 19 stone 6 lbs so that's a loss of 4 lbs in three days of sticking to the plan :D

I'm so chuffed :D

Just had the original granola and a cup of coffee for my breakfast - yummy!

Caroline

Thanks Shep :D I can't wait to see how well you have done.

Was just thinking about saboteurs - the biggest one in our house is our Maine Coone - she sleeps on my DC boxes so I can't get to the food lol I did take a picture but it is way too dark even with the light on. Typical damp, rainy day.

Plan for today:-

Breakfast: Granola with milk, coffee

Lunch: DC goats cheese and red pepper soup with Food Doc Pitta, nectarine

Dinner: DC Beef casserole with bag of Tesco veg - may add a pitta to make up some cals/carbs

Snack: Cocoa N'akd bar with big mug of coffee - had to have one eventually :p

I love the pork meatballs - yum :D Usually sneak in a bit of wholewheat pasta to make it even more lush.

I'm cold too today - think there will be a lot of tea drinking to keep warm hehe!

Well done Caroline! It was 3.5lb for me this week which is good enough for four days worth of not being overly strict with the DC plan hehe :)

I don't have a pint mug for coffee, I got a nightmare before christmas one and I got a tea for one tinkerbell teapot and mug for tea from the disney shop lol

I can't decide to be DC'ing or Slimming World'in or just counting calories today lol I fancied a bacon sandwich today so had some lean bacon on a food doctor pitta for breakfast, saves me visiting the fridge all day to look at the bacon longingly!

Well done on the loss :D That's a great start.

Ooh, sometimes that salty goodness just screams at us to be eaten. Let's face it, turkey bacon is just not the same - substitutions have their place but really!!! hehe! I prefer a little of the real thing.

Mmn I love the maple-cured stuff from sainsburys but this was just the be good to yourself bacon medallions, 23 cals each but it still had the right bacony flavour. I haven't had the mattesons turkey ones for ages lol they're too expensive for what you get.

What we up to today? I was planning a walk into town for m'exercise but forgot I've got a home visit with someone from a support group thingy, my son is autistic so classed as disabled of a fashion. Bit of a hassle really having someone come to my home to get onto the group really as don't think I'll find them of much use hohum :rolleyes:

Mmn I love the maple-cured stuff from sainsburys but this was just the be good to yourself bacon medallions, 23 cals each but it still had the right bacony flavour. I haven't had the mattesons turkey ones for ages lol they're too expensive for what you get.

What we up to today? I was planning a walk into town for m'exercise but forgot I've got a home visit with someone from a support group thingy, my son is autistic so classed as disabled of a fashion. Bit of a hassle really having someone come to my home to get onto the group really as don't think I'll find them of much use hohum :rolleyes:

Heylo Lochan

Got the message and have replied

*cue 007 espionage music* lol

Back