*Cries* I need help :(

ThinDilema

Since ive been to Poland and lasped i cant seem to get back on track and its really scarying me :(
Can someone give me some words of wisdom and make me kick my ass into gear! :whoopass:
I need your help i feel so stupid for not being able to just get back onto it! :break_diet:
LotsofLove
Rachiie -ox-

Do you keep a diary on LL? If so, maybe it would help to read it and capture the enthusiasm and coping techiniques of the first few days. You are not alone in this so don't beat yourself up

xx

think about how good you felt on your first weigh in!
daisy x

Hi Rachie
It is hard once you lapse but can be done.
Perhaps you can ask your Counsellor for a 3 day weigh in?
Look at
How well you did before
Your 1st goals, you can achieve them
Your fat photos

perhaps you can just forget that you have been struggling and just dig into that resolve that you had when you 1st started.
Keep saying to yourself
I can and I will

You can do it!!!!!!
Good luck

Thanks girls I just wrote myself a letter and its weird writting it all down really helps, not as scared now and def ready to get back on track :D
Loveyou all so much!!
ox

Ok, Rachiie, this is normal after a lapse. Most people have to fight through the aftermath of a lapse. So I have some thoughts to get you through this and in a place where you're less likely to lapse again. I'm afraid to lapse - I am not afraid I will, but I am afraid of what will happen if I do.

***Important***

Are you eating today? If so, *STOP* right now. Do *not* write today off. Get right on the packs. If you write today off, you'll risk writing tomorrow off. Thereis an expression "When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging". So stop digging, ok? It only makes it harder to climb back out.

Firstly, open up a notepad or word document and start typing out reasons why you want to lose weight. Everything you can think of - whether it is to make you feel better about yourself, or health benefits, or whatever. Everything you can think of (I did this a few months ago and wrote about 2000 words - it was a very big list).

Secondly, write down how you feel *now*, having lapsed. How you feel about yourself, your diet, but mostly just how you feel emotoionally.

Stay away from attacking yourself though - no statements about failure. Imagine this is your most beloved friend or family member who has lapsed, and you want to help them find their way, and support them through it. That is one of the keys to this - to treat yourself with love and kindness.

xxxx

Thankyou Andy,
I was so scared of posting because I hate coming across as a failure its just i didnt know where else to turn and you guys have been amazing and made me realise im not a bad person for lapsing just need to get back on track :)
Thankyou
LotsofLove
Rachiie -ox-

Wise words Andy, I lapsed at Christmas and if I'm honest it was really hard getting back on it, but I did it and if I can do it so can you.
You have to think of your goals and how much better you will feel reaching them.
Don't beat yourself up about it just put it behind you and start a fresh.

Andy what a great reply, I'm not doing LL at moment but has helped my resolve no end with Atkins which I have started again today.

Take a photo of yourself and look at it, If you feel truly happy then excellent but if you dont and cant even bare to take it then you know exactly what you have to do.

Dont worry about it and those friends of yours got to you in the end i see. But still you had fun and now its back to work.. We still feel proud of you :)

Get to it Woman!!

Great words of wisdom from everyone. All I have to add is maybe getting "back on track" is too hard. Draw a line and start afresh. This is Day One.

Good advice there from SiiM; just say OK, last week wasn't a Ketosis week, this one will be.

Each day is a new day,
each hour is a new hour,
each minute is a new minute,
each second is a... well, you get the point.

You can start again from now; a day is never 'lost' entirely, even if you lapse at 9pm; at 9.30pm you can begin anew :)

Thin Dilema

Remember - you are not a bad person - just human, that's all !!!
Well done for being honest, you'll be fine.
If you want it enough, youll do it.
Don't let others sabotage you.

Stop beating yourself up. Now.

If you beat yourself up and tell yourself you're 'stupid', then you lose respect for yourself and you HAVE to respect yourself to realise how much you deserve this.

You DESERVE to be slim and healthy, you deserve to feel proud of yourself, and you deserve to have a totally fantastic time on your next holiday, lapping up all the attention and compliments and abusing the shops!

There will be reasons you are eating, and excuses you will make to yourself as you do. You need to be totally honest with yourself and just recognise what they are. Don't start fretting about how you're going to change that just yet, start with stage 1, WHY are you doing it?

When you truly know why, and there will probably be multiple reasons, then pick one of those feelings, the easiest one, and think about it logically. If it doesn't stand up to examination (most don't) then write that down on a post it and stick it somewhere you will see every day.

If, for example, you think every day 'everyone who crash diets puts it all back on', then you will realise that not EVERYBODY does, and teh only thing that will determine whether weight goes on or not is how you behave. You could write on a post it 'I am in control of my future', and stick that somewhere you'll see it everyday, gradually replacing that negative thought with a positive one.

Back