Crikey - Syns on Sauces

Chuffy_29

Bring it on!
I am just making a curry for the kids and hubby and it has to be with jar of sauce as my daughter is doing MEND (google it) and we are following a recipe. The syns in the sauce are 13 per jar and we need 2 jars...that means i'd be having 6.5 syns for my share,....what a waste normal make my own with spices and tinned toms, yogurt etc. I know everyone says the syns in sauce are bad but i never realised how bad it was!!
Needless to say i'm having my chicken grilled!

When I did WW'ers I always used bought cook in sauce's - and I was totally amazed at the syns in them when I joined SW, so now it's teaching me to begin cooking from scratch again - although I do miss WW Tikka Masala sauce, but I can always use it for a treat sometime.

confused....if she is on the MEND (i googled..its a excercise programme thing if i correct?) then surely doing it your way ala sw would be better?

We are having ww tikka masala sauce as it happens!

It would be far better to make it ourselves but they have to report on how the recipe was if it was easy etc so have to do it by the book! I won't be doing it again back to the "real" curries for us!

I am not "allowed" to buy jarred sauces! My OH would go mad x

We use the Blue Dragon 120g sachet sauces, the are the perfect amount for 2 people and are pretty 'low' in syns ranging from 5-7syns per sachet.

I've been making my own curries for yonks now with all the spices etc but the other week we were pushed for time and I bought a jar for quickness. How artificial it tasted it was orrid yet we used to love them in our fat past! How tastes change in such a short time.xx

Its shocking how rubbish those jars are !!! they are full of sugar and fat and perservatives. Oh yes the best way is make your own.If not pop round to the local indian restuarant run in and shout "immigation", quick get in my car. Then you will have at least five or six willing cooks and waiters for the night free of charge..... Simplos !

Phil x

We are having ww tikka masala sauce as it happens!

It would be far better to make it ourselves but they have to report on how the recipe was if it was easy etc so have to do it by the book! I won't be doing it again back to the "real" curries for us!

tut! report back to them that in the interests of healthy eating they havent to use jarred sauces!

think most of us would be so much better off health wise if we just did proper home made cooking.

hope your daughter is doing well on it?

i will report back on the sauce thing. MEND has a link to SW for older kids/adults so the SW way generally works really well. Daughter is doing great on it, really healthy and doing lots of exercise and eating well!

Back