Crisp Addict looking for crunchy snack ideas

Mmmm those crisps sound yummy! I might have to give them ago! So basically if you eat as much as wuld b in a small bag of crisps would you have to syn them? xx

Hello!!
I have Asda smart choice maize snacks.
Cheese puffs are 4.5 syns
Salt and Vinager Snacks are 5 syns
Onion Rings 5 syns.

All are amazing!!!
I have a packet most days as part of my syns!
Vx

food abuse? its better then eating 2-3 packets of walkers high fat crisps.
i find that 1 and a half average spud does me fine with the crisps its certainly very healthier anyways.

enjoy xxx

food abuse? its better then eating 2-3 packets of walkers high fat crisps.
i find that 1 and a half average spud does me fine with the crisps its certainly very healthier anyways.

enjoy xxx

Look at it this way though, how many potatoes do you think are in a packet of shop bought baked crisps? - not very much at all.

Would anyone of us eat those and not syn them? - I would hope not.

These really are not any different.

Snacks such as crisps, chocolate etc, dont qualify as having any free food allowance. Therefore when working out the syns for crisps, you can't select a free food allowance first, like you can for foods such as mashed potatoes etc. They are worked out using 1 syn for every 20 calories.

Whether you buy baked crisps in a packet from or make them yourself using frylight, there really isnt that huge of a difference, the same rule applies hence why SW don't allow these to be counted as free.

a couple of spuds wont hurt in proportion, and plus if any1 does it the way i do it i cut them so thin there transparent, but like i sed a couple of spuds wont hurt and i dont eat them evryday just now and then.

enjoy xxxx

I've been doing SW on and off for 6 years (interspersed with various other diets ;)) and these crisps has been a topic of conversation so many times. SW crisps are basically potatoes with the moisture / water removed - much in the same way that raisins are grapes with the moisture / water removed. Why then would crisps be free but not raisins???

Everyone has a right to flext the plan as they choose, but if you do choose to (and I had some SW crisps last week) understand that you are not truly sticking to plan and *may* find that it affects your weight loss.

Well that's my two-penneth, take it or leave it ;)

herewego said:
I've been doing SW on and off for 6 years (interspersed with various other diets ;)) and these crisps has been a topic of conversation so many times. SW crisps are basically potatoes with the moisture / water removed - much in the same way that raisins are grapes with the moisture / water removed. Why then would crisps be free but not raisins???

Everyone has a right to flext the plan as they choose, but if you do choose to (and I had some SW crisps last week) understand that you are not truly sticking to plan and *may* find that it affects your weight loss.

Well that's my two-penneth, take it or leave it ;)

Lol. The way people have to think of it is that sw don't just make up these rules for the sake of annoying us. It is food abuse according to sw so well said x

lol xxxx

Hmm . . Im so glad that I'm not really fussed about crisps or snacky things cos it sounds like it's a lose lose situation when it comes to crisps. I say go for it and if u see a change in your weightloss then you know who the culprit is and if u dont see a change then they obviously aren't doing you any harm! :)

lemonfishface said:
Hmm . . Im so glad that I'm not really fussed about crisps or snacky things cos it sounds like it's a lose lose situation when it comes to crisps. I say go for it and if u see a change in your weightloss then you know who the culprit is and if u dont see a change then they obviously aren't doing you any harm! :)

At the end of the day that can be applied to everything. Extra bar or chocolate? pizza etc etc. Slimming world have this rules as it is a diet hence why they give u a set number of syns. Obviously if they say u must syn these free foods when using them different you have too. It May not make a huge difference at the time but they mount up. One potato won't make a huge difference like we have previous said but unfortunatly you do have to syn these as it is food abuse like you would syn smoothness etc x

Back