Crisp maker

I know there has been lots of debates about these and that they should be synned.

But just wanted to say, I decided to make some the other night, just laying the potatoes out on a microwave plate. I used one tiny potato which made quite a few slices, because I could only fit so many on a plate, I had to do them in two batches and on the plate they took about 8 mins per batch and you have to watch them constantly to make sure they don't start to burn.

They were really yummy and one potato was more than enough, took the edge of my craving for crisps.

and because they were such a faff to make, there was no way even if I wanted more that night, that I was going to make anymore. So for that reason alone, I don't see why these should have to be synned lol.

There is no way you are going to overindulge, not unless you have lots of time on your hands. :p

iv got one of those in my cupboard i mght just dig it out!!

with regard to syning it, it it caused massive gains i would syn them but i dont think 1 potatos worth of crisps with not fat added will do that!

I am still waiting for delivery. They said 2 or 3 weeks! I had already forgotten about it :D

Just looking at it again Hayley that's a really good price. Would you let us know how you get on when you get it? How good they are and especially how easy and quick or it will end up gathering dust in my cupboard! Def tempted but I'd rather pick your brains first if you don't mind lol.

Wendy

so do you all flavour the crisps before you microwave them and can you only buy these things on eBay or are they available somewhere else? I want one now!

Just looking at it again Hayley that's a really good price. Would you let us know how you get on when you get it? How good they are and especially how easy and quick or it will end up gathering dust in my cupboard! Def tempted but I'd rather pick your brains first if you don't mind lol.

Wendy

Of course.. had an email the other day to say it had been dispatched so hopefully it won't be much longer!

Okay so my arm has just been twisted up my back and ive bought one!

Me too! I haven't been so excited about an ebay purchase for ages... I love crisps and have had to stop buying them otherwise I scoff the lot!

i order one and it took about 2 weeks to arrive from china.

made some last night and they're like kettle chips....i salted mine before microwaving. they taste very potaoey but then again they are made from potato!

i ordered one a few weeks ago - still waiting for it to arrive.

will take it into class and speak to my consultant about it.

i forgot i posted this!!!

i took it to class and my consultant brought up the lasagne sheet tortilla chips, etc. and she said the lasagna tortilla chips are syns but the potato crisps are FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I think they would be synned because they arent filling and therefore are easy to over eat...the free foods like potatos arent free just due to calorie content, but because they fill you up and then you are less likley to snack...shame because im a huge crisp fiend...they are my one weakness! x

i forgot i posted this!!!

i took it to class and my consultant brought up the lasagne sheet tortilla chips, etc. and she said the lasagna tortilla chips are syns but the potato crisps are FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
aah I didnt read this! Are they seriously free?!?! Thats just TOO good to be true!!!!!!!!!!

I've been making these in the micro for hubby's kids for years ...... its really easy - I just slice the potatoes on our V slicer, fry light a large plate, lay the potato slices on the plate, fry light them again and sprinkle with flavour (bovril cubes - now free - make fab beef crisps) and then bung in the micro on full power for a few minutes ....... just keep checking them until they're golden brown and crispy ....... they do turn quite quickly so you have to keep your eye on them ... but they're lovely!!

xx

Back