Crisp maker

Let me know how you get on!! Im still waiting on mine but am rubbish at this sort of thing so im sure my crisps will be awful no matter what assistance i get lol

xx:rolleyes:

i'm the same, i'm not best at these things either haha - so if i am able to do it then you'll be fine also :D. xx

am i doing something wrong, i thought i would try out my wee crisp maker, but i can't seem to slice them on it... please help... i'm gutted :(. xx

am i doing something wrong, i thought i would try out my wee crisp maker, but i can't seem to slice them on it... please help... i'm gutted :(. xx

If you use big potatoes it struggles to cut them... Does that help at all? When I cut the sides off, it was much easier!

thanks, it was just a small potato, but i've cut the sides of it and that worked, so its now in the micro. xx

How did they turn out???

Still waiting for mine :(

i left mine in for too long, i just put 5 mins and walked away, so most of them were burnt apart from 2 haha :), so will need to experiment again, the 2 that weren't burnt were lovely though :). xx

i left mine in for too long, i just put 5 mins and walked away, so most of them were burnt apart from 2 haha :), so will need to experiment again, the 2 that weren't burnt were lovely though :). xx

Thanks, i cant wait to get mine now just to try it! I made falafels the other day but the consistence wasnt think enough - i discovered that it was a very nice dip!! lol

Thanks, i cant wait to get mine now just to try it! I made falafels the other day but the consistence wasnt think enough - i discovered that it was a very nice dip!! lol

Hehe, I have just sat down with my falafels for an early lunch and a browse of the forum lol.

On flavourings you could use onion powder, chinese five spice.

I was thinking you could do them in a normal oven on the plate warming setting over a long time as they need drying out?

i done my second batch last night, and this batch took about 10 minutes, as i filled all the wee gaps with the potato, so i take it the more there is to cook, the longer it takes. xx

thanks all i have just ordered mine lol i love crisps thats my downfall but cant wait to try mine when i get it will print off the pic to show my consultant and ask her about the freeness of these

I had to make some last night bp my dh was eating pringles! ! ! Grounds for divorce me thinks. I have found they slice easier when they are peeled and they microwave better when you only use every other slot... I will perfect them! I'm determine

OMG I got mine ages ago but never used it (been off plan for a while tut tut).

Anyway back on plan & used it tonight for the first time, and they were FANTASTIC.

I used jersey royals (all I had) and used my mandoline. Put them in every hole & 5 mins in the microwave.

They came out really crispy, just like crisps but nicer. I just added a bit of salt.

If anyone is struggling try with new pots, I think mine worked so well cos they are quite small.

Off to make some more to eat whilst watching BB he he

xxxxxx

i have just had a search on the net and can't find any in the UK either, although I did find a recipe to make Microwave crisps without the little machine

Uncle Bill's Microwave Potato Chips - 47195 - Recipezaar

Thanks Shelly I used this recipe yesterday and it worked really well using fry light, the first time I over did them, still edible but a bit of a burnt taste the second batch were perfect, mmmmm I used just sea salt and garlic powder.

The crisp maker looks really good as well, and a lot less hastle than soaking and drying each crisp :eek:

I bought this and it arrived today.

The blade is crap so far, but not tried peeling them yet, and so far they come out burnt, or soggy.

I have a 800 watt micro, any ideas?

Sorry - just resurrecting this thread as interested in purchasing some kind of crisp machine.

It would seem this thread was hyped-up until people were bursting, but the reality was not many people reported success.

Did anyone ever find a decent microwave/slicer/crisp maker? as I saw one recently on youtube (possibly from a link on here) but unable to re-locate?

Amazon do a one - Character Options Lets Cook Crisp Maker: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Any others or were they an idea that never really delivered?

Steve

Back