Crisps *Jim, dont look!*

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
Ok, I have a craving for crisps. Biscuits and crisps are my weekness!

I've kinda gone off pork crunch, and pork scratchings are starting to seem a bit salty for me.

So.... what i was wondering was, is it ok to eat, say a bag of skips, or quavers, as long as I count the carbs?

Would it kick me out of ketosis? Not that I'm part of the "peeing on sticks" parade, but you know what i mean! lol!

No dont do it love.
Hpw about melting a little grated cheese on a baking tray - they go nice and crisp?

I tried that. I couldnt get them to go crispy, just went melted and burnt lol!

Just want something crunchy!

I think they would knock you out unfortunately so that is something you have to decide for yourself if you are willing to take the chance .I know i am pretty much now on maintenance but i did find when on my journey there were times when i just had to have something and i found if i had it and got straight back on plan i was ok .I would not recommend this to anyone by any means but i know me as a person and it suited me but i always got right back on track and maybe only did this once a month .One month it was for a pack of crisps but it satisfied the need and i was fine .

In saying that i am a fine one to talk in that i had a blip yesterday and ate a big chocolate eclair but i can do that and enjoy it now and not feel guilty as i know its not a slippery slope for me

I've not tried myself but I have seem people make "Meat crisps" I.e. taking slices of ham etc and cooking them in the oven so they go crispy..

Absolutely no idea how they taste though lol!

This is the carb police!!! Put down the crisps and back away!
ROFLMAO!!!!

Hmm might try to cheese crisps. Thanks Vicky.

Clairecat it's up to you. If you really have a bad craving then why not play around with some different veg and salt them lightly to see if they work for you rather than the potatoey ones? I haven't done it, just thought it might be fun to try and at least distract you a bit maybe until the cravings passed :)

the pee brigade will accept no responsibilty for people eating crisps !! xx

orrrr...i made some crisps with turnip they were ok ??? or if its crispiness you want how boat some mim toast or some celery :D ha ha

I made the cheese crisps last night. They were delicious!

This is the carb police!!! Put down the crisps and back away!

please come and visit me.

i confess!

i had the worst day ever yesterday!!
not since i started this in september have i caved like this!!!
very stressfull day at work....chocolate biscuits available......you can guess the rest.

back on course today, grr to yesterday!!!!

Hope things are better for you today taz! :) x

yey cokes :)

Oh marty big carb free hugs xxx

Might have to try those cheese crips again. I melted mine in the micro last time and I couldnt get them off the grease proof paper! lol! And they certainly wernt crispy.

I've got a silicone baking sheet so will try it later.

Mmmm cheese crisps! Gotta give those a go too! x

Think I'm gonna try the cheesy lolly pop version....ie same way of cooking, just stick a cocktail stick in before it crisps....

Anyone tried making the celeriac crisps?

Cant say I have. Sounds like a good idea, but, theres just no way in hell im going to attempt to slice it that thin! lol!

Hate cutting the damn stuff into chunks, let alone anything else! :p

Back