Crossfit??

Miss.S

Hi,

Does anyone do / has anyone ever tried Crossfit?
My friend is mad about it and I've agreed to go along to a free beginners session with him next week.
It looks pretty good, although I usually do classes at the gym as I find it hard to motivate myself through a session by myself.
Any hints or advice would be great!!
Cheers guys
Xxx

I so want to do this - its strength and conditioning all rolled into one. there are no classes near me.

Its like olympic weights, straight lifting, kettlebell, sprints, gymnastics, circuits all rolled into one big tasty session.

Expect WOD - workout of the day - as your focus. Its tough and utterly compelling. you will get fit though.

I'd love to try this too, but like Martin, there are no classes near me either! However, the main crossfit journalnsite has loads and loads of info, although there is a yearly fee for accessing it all!

CrossFit Journal

Urgh, it was so hard!!
I am aching like never before today, WOD was 15 walking lunges holding 10k weight above your head, then 21 burpees, repeat x 3!
I managed 2 sets, found it really tough.

I can see it would get you fit and strong very quickly, however I'm rubbish at pushing myself and the whole aim is to get a good time on the board. Being the newest I obviously got a slow time, and though no one said or did anything to make me feel it, I felt dead demoralised, which is really silly of me.

I also love the nice changing areas, showers and spa at my current gym. The crossfit gym is less than basic.

I totally recommend it if you are committed and want strength and have the stamina, I think I just give up too easily!!!!

Back