Current Active Members Weekly Weigh In:

thank you.
My motivation comes from many places. I had a car accident nearly 3 years ago. I know I’ve piled on weight gradually since then but a doctors appointment where I was weighed was a real wake up call. I’ve struggled with mobility since my accident. Losing weight can only help with that. I have a supportive partner who loves me for who I am, but is also encouraging & supporting me all the way - my ex was never like that & it does make a difference. I am determined to be a healthier weight by the time I’m 50 - if I don’t start doing something now I’ll never get there. To help me I’ve set short goals. For example I want to lose 6 stone this year. A huge amount of weight but I’ve broken it down to 7lbs a month, which is much more achievable. I’ve set other goals too. The next I’ll achieve is 10% loss (I’m almost there). Rather than being overwhelmed by my long term goal of losing 10 stone, I am focusing on small manageable goals and that really helps me. I also don’t beat myself up if I have a day which doesn’t go to plan. I won’t let it derail me and give up (I have done that in the past) instead I draw a line under it and move on. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I record everything. My diary on here really helps me. If I’m having a low day or feel I’m losing motivation I look at how far I’ve come, or look back at my food diary for a particularly successful week. I also try to keep my food varied and still try new recipes and ideas. I see no reason why I can’t lose weight and still enjoy food.
Before I joined here I’d read a few peoples diaries too - people who had successfully lost a lot of weight and it really inspired me. There’s a link to my diary in my signature - have a read if you think it would be useful.
Good luck. You can do it 😊

Sorry @Miss Scarlett Blue I completely lost this thread! Thank you for the insight into what is clearly working so well for you and congratulations on your 10% award, that's superb! :woohoo: Are you feeling the benefit of being 10 whole percent lighter?! I have already found that looking back at my diary is halpful. In the beginning that plate was STACKED!! :rolleyes: It's great that you have such a positive outlook on your diet/lifestyle and don't look at it as a temporary fix but also don't beat yourself up when things don't go to plan - I agree, no point as other will readily do this for us!
I will pop over and have a look now, thanks! :)

Well done!! Great week!!
My best friend is signing back up to SW tonight, so I should have another support too!
Though if I haven't said the word pizza everyday this week!!! Help me 🙏🏻

Another 1lbs off for me today! That's my half a stone badge got!
I did give in last night and get a Pizza, but I had no cheese on it and I went for a run as my Boyfriend ordered it. Got a plan for more movement this week, so I don't feel bad about it at all.
Being Vegan means my options of HxA are pretty limited. Loads of milks, but only 1 cheese!
Today, so i don't order any more pizza, i went to Waitrose and got the Koko "cheese"!

Another 1lbs off for me today! That's my half a stone badge got!
I did give in last night and get a Pizza, but I had no cheese on it and I went for a run as my Boyfriend ordered it. Got a plan for more movement this week, so I don't feel bad about it at all.
Being Vegan means my options of HxA are pretty limited. Loads of milks, but only 1 cheese!
Today, so i don't order any more pizza, i went to Waitrose and got the Koko "cheese"!
Well done
:mm007:
And don’t worry about the pizza - a little treat will do no harm in the long run.

That's ok! New strategy's are good! I always like to remember that sometimes going back to basics is a good idea too. Have a great week! You got this!! Xx

Back