D Day - Monday 12th Jan

Thanks love, good advice. I've been struggling this weekend as well. I blame the Rugby. I'm going to kick England's Ass big time. :(

Yes I was Lyn, what gets me is all the smokers standing by the entrance when you walk in. I had to walk through a cloud of smoke. Not good.

Day 63.

I really believe I have cracked it now. Watched the Rugby all weekend and didn't want a single ciggie. I have noticed I don't stand talking in the pub doorway and indulging in a little passive smoking anymore. I just walked straight through holding my breath. YAY!

yay! that's a great feeling, isn't it? I've regained a little weight (ho hum!) and I won't pretend that a little voice didn't pop up in my head wondering whether smoking again might "help". Yeah right - I was a FAT smoker, and so while I did lean on the old crutch big time while dieting down, I refuse to ever go there again!

(Isn't it strange when you start noticing how BAD smokers smell?!! That must have been me!!)

Reactions: Jim
and me!

I do notice when my mates have just been out for a smoke, or someone in the office and it does smell, but I'm still drawn to the smell of smoke sadly, but that will pass I hope.

Thanks!

Yes Hun, but you are doing well. Keep it up love.

Jim, thank you for posting your story! congrats!! YOU ARE AWESOME! I plan to quit 4-27. I am nervous. This forum has really given me hope! Keep it up!

Thanks Love, I am pleased with myself. Good Luck! Are doing patches or what?

Hi Leslie, I chose a day 14 days in advance to give me time to get my head straight and talk myself into it.

I understand. People ask me " Why not quit now! Why are you waiting untill 4-27? " You said it perfectly. I need time to mentally prepare.

Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it!! :)

By the way, you are doing SO GREAT!!!

Thanks Leslie, and good luck to you love.

wow Jim. didnt know you gave up smoking as well as lost all that weight. this has been a good read. i am about to start my own non smoking thread as gave up at 12 noon today. so any advice will be greatfuly recieved :D

Hey FAF, how are you love? yes it's been 18 months now. I was on maint though so it's not like I was doing both at the same time love.

im good thanks Jim. doing slim fast now. i think i have found the right diet for me. not planning on losing weight for a couple of weeks while i get used to not smoking. might even gain as i was a right pig yesterday! but i know i can lose it with slim fast so its not all bad!

I couldn't have done both at the same time love. Good luck with slimfast, how's woofy?

Back