D Day - Monday 12th Jan

darned cravings... can't say I'm always free of those myself... not that my comment is particularly helpful! I think we just learn to cope with them better - NOPE... Not One Puff Ever, remember!

I know Joanne, I have learned that lesson. I see you are in France? anywhere nice. We are planning on retiring to near Montpelier/Narbonne in a couple of years time.

aaah nice weather down there... I'm in the capital! less nice weather, but more work!

I wouldn't have thought of working over there Joanne, my time in the Army cured me of that, but retiring there, now that's different. We have taken a couple of holidays a year there for the last 7/8 years and decided the Languedoc/Roussillon is the area for us. Mind you seeing the storms they had the other day :O

Day 17.

Morning, last night was not bad, I chewed one tab and that was it for the day. My wife says I'm really restless at night though. I do feel a bit tired but I'm sure that's just a symptom of nicotine withdrawal

Provided you come at retirement age, it's probably still a good place to retire... but please research well if you're planning to here as an pre-retiree, cos there are now health coverage issues, I understand, and lots are now returning to Blighty! plus of course the pound/euro exchange rate isn't making it easy at the moment...

Hi Joanne, I'm a member of an ex pat website so I know where you are coming from. The pound/euro exchange rate is an issue though. Colleen and I had planned to have her pension in euro's and mine in pounds to hedge against that sort of thing.

I read an expat site (TF) but haven't posted in years - it all gets a bit heated all too often for my liking!!
General Strike here tomorrow... aaaaah

Day off for you then Joanne?

no... I'll walk (can't be beaten down by strikers!)... will help with the weight!

LOL, good point Joanne

Well day 17 is good so far, I'm out tonight so that will be a bit of a strain, but as they cn't smoke inside anymore that should help. No nico tabs so far today.

Day 17 over,

well at work anyway. I'm pleased I have made it so far without a nico tab. Let's see how I do tomorrow.

Day 18.:mad:

I'm really annoyed with myself. I chewed a nico tab last night. I'm convinced I could have managed without it. I know I was out at the pub but nevertheless I could have managed without the gum.
:mad::mad:

Still... you got through a major part of the day without having one... It's good to carry one on you, in case, but perhaps make it a little harder to "get at"? (Wrap in tin foil or something at bottom of your wallet so that you can't simply sneak it into your mouth!!) Then it's a real "choice" rather than a "oops wish I'd not done that!" moment (like me with sugar free sweets at the moment, grrrr!)

By the way, I blame my current addiction on sugar free sweets ENTIRELY on my quit! Had never tasted one until I quit!

That's a good idea Joanne, I'll give that a go. Thanks

Day 18

happy bunny time, not had a nico tab all day and I won't have tonight either.

18 days smoke free. Yay.

:D Thanks Nicky.

Day 19

I'm good went the whole day nicotine free, not a chew, nothing. Whoo Hoo.

Back