Daily menus

im sure you will get the rest of your walking in today though??

No its not smoked :(
I think ill do en pappilote with some salt and pepper and dill. bang them both in together. do you use baking or tin foil? thanks Jo

For papillotte, I use tin foil with sulfurised paper inside (leastwise that's what it's called here... it's coated greaseproof). I got fed up of my salmon sticking to foil and/or greaseproof paper

Thanks Jo - ill do that!

(and you can often use it again!!)

my menu is a bit of a mess today ,i messed up my muffins so..............

B- was slices of chicken

L- will be oatbran porridge and egg custard when ready !!

D- liver and chicken i think

What happened to the muffins... can I help?

i only used 4 tablespoons of oatbran instead of 8 and i put fish in them and they dont taste very nice !!

Menu today is:
B- Galette cup of tea
L- peppered mackerel and omlette muller light yoghurt
D-Braising steak
Loads of water too

braising steak... is that not a fatty cut?

it is unless you grill and cremate??

oh i love the fat lol - lamb fat is the best. Its the same as chuck steak and suppose depends if it looks fatty??? are you braising it then? or frying?

gonna cook it in my grill pan. it has a small amount of fat marbling in it.but i imagine that will go when its cooked.

yes will do :) my fillet last night the fat all just melted away!

p.57: "Beef: all roasts or grilled beef are allowed, namely, steaks, tenderloin, sirloin and roast beef"

Does that cover braising? I think of braised beef as being fatty, but I guess if you mop up well!

Fillet is a little different Vicky! I love lamb too, but other half isn't too keen... I have some in the freezer... waiting...

LOL twinnie :D I have some in the freezer waiting too. Leg of lamb ;)

GARLIC... with lamb... YUM!!!

You click on "Go advanced" when you're replying, and there's an "attachment" thingy in there...

Back