Daisy's Diary!

Dubchick81 said:
He's a greedy gut.. You tell him he can have SOME of something.. Go back to have some yourself and its all gone and the dirty dishes are left in the sink for you to wash up!!! :mad:

Oh no how annoying! Especially the dirty dishes!

Dubchick81 said:
Cheek of WW calling this Irish Stew.. This is NOT Irish stew.. We use mince.. not steak (we weren't rich enough to afford that in the old days!!) (or burgers) and we don't add leeks.. And we do add sausages... And its oxtail soup... not stock!!!! Tut... ha ha ha ha ha ha

Lol *hangs head in shame*

bulldogdaisy said:
Irish Beef Stew
ProPoints® value: 6
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 160 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
500 g Beef, Stewing Steak, Raw, Lean, cut into chunks
1 large Onion, All Types, chopped
2 medium Carrots, Old, Raw, cut into chunks
2 medium Leek, sliced
1½ cube(s) Stock Cube, Vegetable, beef, make up to 700ml with hot water
400 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, cut into chunks
50 g Peas, Fresh or Frozen, (thawed if frozen)
2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
1. Heat cooking spray in a large saucepan then add the stewing steak a little at a time, so that it sears and browns.
2. Add the onion, carrots, leeks and stock , Season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered for 2 hours. Check the level of liquid occasionally adding more stock if needed.
3. When the meat is tender add the potatoes and cook them until tender - about 20 minutes. Stir the peas into the stew and cook gently for another 3-4 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.

Sounds nice!

Dubchick81 said:
Cheek of WW calling this Irish Stew.. This is NOT Irish stew.. We use mince.. not steak (we weren't rich enough to afford that in the old days!!) (or burgers) and we don't add leeks.. And we do add sausages... And its oxtail soup... not stock!!!! Tut... ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oops sorry daisy I see I got you in trouble with the Irish food police LOL xx

Tonight's dinner.. Cheesy lasagne with cheaty sauces ;0)

Attachments

• image-2408626188.jpg
    image-2408626188.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 35
nessa123 said:
Oops sorry daisy I see I got you in trouble with the Irish food police LOL xx
Just be aware I'm watching. Ha ha ha. Just kidding ;)
bulldogdaisy said:
Tonight's dinner.. Cheesy lasagne with cheaty sauces ;0)
Ooh looks delish :)

Dubchick81 said:
Just be aware I'm watching. Ha ha ha.

LOL I get the same with the whole Cornish pasty thing don't worry lol xx

nessa123 said:
LOL I get the same with the whole Cornish pasty thing don't worry lol xx

Ooh I used to make Cornish pasties. My first job ha ha. I left school for that!!! Lamp. Ambitious or what?! Lol

Dubchick81 said:
Ooh I used to make Cornish pasties. My first job ha ha. I left school for that!!! Lamp. Ambitious or what?! Lol

But you weren't really making Cornish pasties because you weren't in cornwall grrr LOL XX

Emmaline said:
Lasagne looks great Daisy. I am hopeless at making it.
My D used to come and stay for a couple of days and she would make me a big one so I could put portions into the freezer.

Aw that's good that she would do that for you :0)
I always do enough to freeze some,best way!

Back