Dale's Diary

:wavey: ... its been too long.

So great to finally be able to take some time to catch up on how things have been going while I've been gone and how everyone is getting on. Also a bit of healthy competition is creeping back -- I want to keep up with all my mates here who are doing so well!:jelous:

My trip to South Africa was so sad, but I realised how lucky I was to be able to go be with my family and friends and grieve together. And funnily enough it turned out to be a real blessing for me having a little time for myself - I hadn't realised just how much I needed some R & R. :character00180:

So, back to reality in grey old England with a bump! :raincloud: I could not stay on LL when I was away and it took me a little while to get into it again when I returned, but now I am well and truly back, baby. ;) Just so much going on in my life again, plus so much at work and uni to catch up on that I haven't actually managed to get back to LL for a class or weigh in yet, although I have been back on the packs (left over) for the last 5 days and have a weigh-in booked for Monday. My counsellor has been great, really supportive in helping me keep going with LL.

But she has suggested that I go on to LLL now as I have lost a bit. Not so sure myself, partly because I don't know how much weight I might have put back on and also I know total works for me - not sure I want to struggle with food rules yet. Hmmmm. :confused:

Well I guess the first thing is to get the weigh in done and then make a decision from there. My gut feeling is that I am pretty close to where I was at my last weigh in and I still have a way to go before I go on to LLL - also less than a month now before I go to Uganda for my MBA project and that has always been my goal : to be as healthy and strong as possible for this trip. I know it is going to be wonderful and for me its a once in a lifetime opportunity, but I also know I can expect to be working really hard and there will be some very long days so I can't afford to be carrying around excess weight - got to be superwoman! :superwoman:

But on the up side I am so excited at the prospect of working with Reach Out which does such amazing work that I feel like this will maintain my motivation to stay on track. Fingers crossed!!

Be back on Monday to share the damage with you all... :scale:

Hey Dale, so lovely to have you back. Dont worry too much about the damage it was out of your control and under very sad circumstances. The good news is you decided to get back on it!

Good luck for the WI. xx

:bliss: Hey Dale!!!! lovely to have u back!!!! hope ur are ok now and my thoughts are with u regarding ur sad trip away.
Good luck with ur WI hun xxxx:p

Aaargh! Had a bar yesterday for the first time since restarting and what an effect on my tummy! TG its the weekend cos that level of noise would seriously undermine my professional standing in meetings :D

Thinking I might have to just stick with shakes this time around - if only LL would come up with some new flavours. I'm thinking toffee, mocha, ovaltine, ummm.... ok, maybe not too many other options but one more would make a big differences to poor people like me who can't handle the soups. :(

Yoiks, weigh in tonight after 3 weeks off - give me (and the scales) strength!

goodluck Dale x

So pleased with my weigh in on Monday - lost 3lbs! Granted it is over 3 weeks but for me it means I must have just about maintained my weight loss while I was away and then achieved a small loss in my first week back on the wagon. Yeehaa! :wee:
I am having such a hectic week this week with lots of emotion at work and so much studying to do, but this has really lifted me. I am also really getting into the extra water challenge Lozz started - really think its having some good effects. Keeping fingers and everything crossed (specially after all that water hehe :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: ) that I can get into the 70s next week.

Dale, thats fab news, it means you must have learnt something on your LL journey so far.

You really are embracing this before your trip xx

well done dale!!!!! how much water r u drinkin? x

Thanks gals.

Gembritney, I am drinking at least 1 litre per pack and making up my packs with a minimum of 650ml. You have no idea how much weeing this entails! Feel like this little piggy... :)

hey Dale i totally empathise with you on the hole water and peeing.... its mental! my bladder must be stretched to the limit!!!!

Hey my lovely how are you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hey DALE HOW YA DOIN X

Back again

Here I am, slinking back after too long, hoping nobody notices its been HOW MANY months?? Hope you will take me back anyway? Too much to tell and most of it pretty depressing so I'd rather look forward and concentrate on positive vibes going forward. :vibes:

But just to put things in perspective, here is my plus and minus list since I left:

Minus -
Lost my Dad very suddenly
Made redundant
Way behind on finishing my dissertation
Weight creeping back on

Plus -
Able to spend time with my Mum in SA and help her sort things out
Good payout
Finished all my coursework
Joined the gym and started LLL

So.... life is not perfect but doesn't suck 100% - I am glad to be back and hope some of you remember me from way back when.

D xx

Aw hey hunny, often wondered what happened to you, life has been very unkind to you over the past months, here's hoping it improves and the weight comes off quickly for you.

I too am on LLL now due to medical reasons, was a bitter pill to swallow as I enjoyed the routine of no food and living on the packs, but my health is more important and I'm so close to goal now so its all good in my hood.

So good to have you back xxxxxxx

Ahh, thanks Lady T (love the new name) life has given me a bit of a bumpy ride in the last 3 months. But how great that you've done so well and you are soooo close to your goal. Congratulations hun!

Glad to hear you are on LLL too, hopefully you can give me some food inspiration cos like you I like the simplicity of just packs! (But hope your health troubles not too serious and now under control).

Its weird coming back because everyone seems to has moved on so well. I feel a great need to catch up immediately - unfortunately that won't happen! On the other hand its really inspiring: when I picked up my packs on Wednesday I bumped into someone from my old Total class who is looking wonderful - gone through Maintenace and come out the other side looking so young and healthy and gorgeous. As she said, its definitely worth the dedication of such a short period (4 months for her) to get the long term results.

Soooo, as we used to say: Onward and Downward!

You will soon catch up don't you worry!

I bought the LLL recipe book it is brilliant given me a new hobby cooking! I would recommend it! There are only a couple of people on here who do lite, so it's limited support when it comes to that type of plan but the support for all the other aspects of LL such as the emotional support is amazing!

I am struggling with water, managed 2 litres so far but drank none for the past few days, I would encourage you whilst on lite to drink regularly as I have found it really affects my loss! Xxx

Back