Dawn's Cambridge Journey to Slimdom

Hi Dawn. You are doing really well and as Jean said it was lovely of your friend to be supportive like that. Retardex is really good. I get the mouthwash instead of the spray as i find that better. I keep breathing over my Husband but he said my breath is like summer meadows lol. Bless him.

Hi Kaizen, thanks :) Where do you buy the Retardex from please? I live in Telford and have looked everywhere for the stuff but sales staff look at me like I'm stupid when I ask as they haven't a clue what I'm talking about. Feeling rather grumpy today, wish the engineer would show up to fix the heating & hot water. Not even blankets are working. How's your day going? xx

From Boots or any good chemists. Beware though, it's really expensive but well worth it.

Yay I got the Retardex mouth wash & mouth spray. Hopefully my mouth won't taste or smell like the sewers anymore. Oh the joys of Ketosis.

Heating and hot water still not fixed so I treated myself to an electric blanket throw and OMG how did I ever survive without it. Lying in bed now so cosy. Last night gave myself belly ache from tying my stomach in knots dithering. Not good but solution found :)

And finally weigh in 9am in the morning, nervous and excited all at the same time.

Thanks Jean but it went horribly. I've lost 1.5 pounds which is a rubbish loss for SS+ and sticking to it religiously. I can only put it down to 2 things:
1 - TOTM time but didn't have one (no chance of pregnancy)
OR
2 - that I've been feeling under the weather the last few days.

It's going to be a long week I think till next Tuesday when I'm weighed again, I just hope I pull a bigger number then.

How are you getting along Jean? xx

Hey atleast the scales are moving in the right direction and you have prob lost a fair bit of inches you did say your jeans were slipping off you. And not feeling to well can have alot to do with it as you would have retained water so im sure the next WI will be even better =D

Thanks Yolande, your right my jeans were slipping and I'm burning up so definitely poorly. I guess our bodies hold onto what they can when we're unwell. Hoping it's just water though. Thanks for the supportive reply xx

Hey MsCambridge, I hope you start feeling better soon. Has your boiler/heating been fixed yet? I had a problem with one of my doors and my apartment was 11 degrees celsius for 2 days - very very cold!
Hang in there on the weight loss - I'm only at day 2 myself, but I read such wonderful posts from people - including yourself!

You are very welcome =D Your body will be holding onto everything it can while you are unwell. I hope you feel better very soon.. nothing worse than feeling poorly =S

tizzy51 said:
Hey MsCambridge, I hope you start feeling better soon. Has your boiler/heating been fixed yet? I had a problem with one of my doors and my apartment was 11 degrees celsius for 2 days - very very cold!
Hang in there on the weight loss - I'm only at day 2 myself, but I read such wonderful posts from people - including yourself!

Hi Tizzy, thanks for thinking of me but sadly no the heating & hot water is still broken. The electric blanket I bought yesterday has been a very good substitute though. I'm pleased to hear your on day 2, how are you finding it? xx

Wow hope the heating is sorted out soon and you feel better in yourself ... and well done on the weight loss. Its all going in the right direction!! :)
k x

Hi Kaizen, the heating is supposed to be fixed today fingers crossed :) Thanks for your support xx

I've booked myself in for some colonic irrigation sessions. Been before but not for last 4 years. Looking forward to Saturday now and the feeling of good well being I remember them creating :)

Hi there! How are you? I'm now on week 3 of my low carb diet and I'm pleased to say I've lost about 10kg and 3 inches off my waist!! Awesome!!! The first week was pure hell though and I didn't think it'd ever get better but I hung in there. My cholesterol has also gone down from 6.8 to 5.7!! Which is really amazing!!
You said that you didn't lose much which I think just sadly happens sometimes booo. But have you been measuring your waist and hips etc? I sort of noticed my body was looking a bit different but was mega surprised when I'd lost inches off my waist!! You've prob lost inches so have a check you'll prob get a nice surprise.

How are you feeling in general? My energy levels are generally fine until i do anything strenuous. Also do you get heartburn at all? I never used to ever get it but I've really been getting it. Bleeeeurgh.

Keep at it and speak soon xxxx

Hi Jean, your loss is great well done :) My energy levels are livelier than when I was 16 stone 12 pounds. At my last weigh in I was 16 stone and 0.5 pounds. Hoping to easily smash my way into the 15's by my next weigh in next Tuesday. Also hoping to pull a bigger number off to make up for this weeks crappy loss. Well I have just had my heating and hot water system fixed so going to look forward to a nice soak in the bath tonight :) xx

Hi again! Good thing it's not as cold as it was a couple of weeks ago and that you have a toasty elec blanket!

At end of day 3 and hanging in there. Had a butterscotch shake yesterday for dinner and I have to say... yuck! Not my fav. Cappucino this morning wasn't bad, but I wanted to put sugar in it. :-0

I need to start a diary and a tickertape tracker so that when I do finally weigh in I can post the results. Is it hard to do? I haven't had the time yet to explore...

Well done for getting to the end of day three not long now till its easy peasy'ish :)
I find some of the shakes a bit over sweet even though I have a major sweet tooth, must be my tastes changing. If you go to tickerfactory.com it tells you exactly how to make a ticker step by step. There are also threads on here how to do it, I think if I remember right there is a Sticky about it. I don't get to see mine as I'm on my iPhone and it's not supported by the MiniMins App. It's a shame really but a great App all the same :)

So now I have hot water & heating at last I can pack the electric blanket up for now and I have already treated myself to a lovely soak in the bath with bubbles (I'm such a rebel, lol), and now i'm off to dreamland. Nite nite xx

Went to the tickerfactory and did all the setup - and then it stopped the session. Did this a few times so am not sure what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps I need to set up my diary first. :D

Meanwhile I need to go to bed - I'm so awake! Hope this doesn't mean I will be asleep at work tomorrow. Zzzzzz

Back