Day 14 - FAIL (contains reference to food)

Well done for sticking with it, you did the right thing as you dont want to faint or get sick at work and this will keep you on track. Good luck today. I am on Day 5 and hanging in there.

Hi SLC --

Well done on your commitment and losses.

Tescos has their own range of diet drinks in the pharmacy area... so, next time you might want to grab one of those instead. Also, can you leave a box of CD bars at work? That's what I did.

MM

Last edited:
Hi SLC --

Well done on your commitment and losses.

Tescos has their own range of diet drinks in the pharmacy area... so, next time you might want to grab one of those instead. Also, can oyu leave a box of CD bars at work? That's what I did.

MM

Thats useful to know - didn't know Tesco had that!

I just worked 5 12 hour shifts on the trot - 3 long days then 2 long nights. I took a load of Cambridge stuff in the first day and locked it away, but must have misjudged it and didn't realise until I was there last night.

Well technically approaching the end of day 6 and I am feeling tired and hungry and grumpy. Got home from work just after 9am, fell asleep about 10am, and woke about 4pm. So haven't had any shakes all day yet.

Definitely having a serious wobble tonight :(

Not helped that the poo problem has changed...have gone from being completely bunged up to the complete opposite problem and that's making me feel rotten :(

Oh well, weigh in tomorrow morning. Going to take my shakes and porridge back and exchange them for tetras and bars. Feeling so lazy this time round but just can't be bothered with faffing about making up the shakes and porridges. Probably just because I am a fussy bugger and have to have my shakes just so and my porridges a certain way.

Am contemplating grabbing a couple of soups, though I didn't much care for them last time. Might try them again. Got some boullion last night so hoping that might meet my need for a savoury taste

Am hoping a good weigh in in the morning will perk me up a bit. Will be weighing in a day early but as I work shifts I have to fit around them lol

((Hugs)) sorry you are having a wobbly moment. Like you I just couldn't be arsed faffing with shakes/soups/porridges so tetras were a real godsend. Stay strong Hun you'll be rewarded with a great loss tomorrow xx

Thanks - am feeling a little better now I have got a tetra and a litre of water inside me

Oh god...I've only gone and had another "good" idea. Actually it might be an actual good idea, rather than a "good" idea... hmmm.

Anyway... I lost my mum in September to MND - a horrendous degenerative disease. When mum was diagnosed she immediately signed herself up to every single research project going, knowing that it wouldn't change her destiny, but hoping that it might prevent people in the future going through what she went through. We have had a lot of involvement with the MND Association - my sister ran the marathon last year and raised £4k for them, my uncle climbed Kilimanjaro and raised £3k, a collection at mum's funeral raised over £1k, and 12 members of my family ran the great south run in October and we raised another £500.

I have been looking for something to do myself that will be a challenge and will raise lots of money for MNDA. I am already being sponsored to slim on this diet, but I want to do something more.

I have found a cycle challenge. It's run through MNDA, it's 660km...and it's in Vietnam!!!! Sounds absolutely amazing to me. It's £349 to enter and I will have to raise £3000 sponsorship money on top of that, however I will aim to put £1000 of that in myself to cover the costs (I think it is 30% of the minimum sponsorship covers the costs of flights etc so would cover that myself).

I started CD a week ago at 24st 4. Can I really lose the weight I need to and get fit enough by October to be able to complete this?? They provide a training schedule to be able to train up for it, and it does say you don't need to be an athlete...but I think you need to be thinner than 24st and fitter than I currently am!!! But it would give me a reason to work on my fitness as well as losing weight. I used to cycle everywhere until I was about 20, so I hope I could get back in to it pretty quickly.

Am I absolutely barking to even consider this?

Day 7 and full of enthusiasm again - well passed yesterdays wobble, and without making any silly mistakes :D

Weigh in this afternoon...watch this space!!!!

I think having a goal like the cycle challenge is a great idea. Especially as it's a charity that you care so much about.

I just signed up to run a half marathon! I am hoping I'll make it!

What is your fitness like now? How many miles can you ride outside ayt the moment? There really is no reason you couldn't do it (as long as your gp signs off on the training so you know it won't be too much). I'll sponsor you x

Oh god...I've only gone and had another "good" idea. Actually it might be an actual good idea, rather than a "good" idea... hmmm.

Am I absolutely barking to even consider this?

Hi SL,

I think it is a fantastic idea... and if for reason you are not ready for this event -- then plan for future one. What a beautiful way to honour your mum.

MM

Cazza I think it is a fantastic idea and a wonderful motivator - go for it!!. I would love to do the Inca Trail at some point it's a big dream of mine for the future. How did you get on at weigh in?

:stickdance::stickdance::stickdance::stickdance: 17lb Gone!!!! :stickdance::stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:

Not bad for 6 days :)

OMG!!!! Cazza!!! I did LL with some very heavy ladies and no one ever had a loss that huge. Not even in the first week. You should be on the news! :)

MM

WOW!!! That is AMAZING!! Well done!!! :D Xxxx

OMG!!!! Cazza!!! I did LL with some very heavy ladies and no one ever had a loss that huge. Not even in the first week. You should be on the news! :)

MM

Thanks MinnieMel - I have always had big losses in the first week, and I have always had good losses, AS LONG AS I STICK TO IT lol. Here are my losses from last time round to give you an idea: From bottom to top:

04/09/08 18st 9lb - 8lb!!!!!!! (67lb gone)
28/08/08 19st 3lb - 2lb!!! (59lb gone)
19/08/08 19st 5lb - 7lb!!! (57lb gone)
12/08/08 19st 12lb - 3lb!! (50lb gone)
~*~HOLIDAYS~*~
25/07/08 20st 1lb - 5lb!!! (47lb gone)
16/07/08 20st 6lb - 6lb!! (42lb gone)
09/07/08 20st 12lb -1lb (36lb gone)
02/07/08 20st 13lb -7lb! (35lb gone)
25/06/08 21st 6lb -5lb!!!! (28lb gone)
18/06/08 21st 11lb -10lb!!! (23lb gone)
11/06/08 22st 7lb -13lb!!!
09/06/08 23 st 6lb start weight

Last time round I lost 23lb in 9 days...however I had a massive carby meal the night before I started whereas when I started this time I did prep and reduced my carbs beforehand..but then I guess in 3 days I might also be 23lb down lol.

Last time I did 3 stone in 5 weeks, which I would love to do again this time. If I can get 10 stone off in 6 months, which i have seen several times (Awaken_Me as an example) then I can throw myself in to getting fit and preparing for Vietnam, if I am going to go!!!

bloody hell woman, you will be skinny in no time....brills x

Congrats on great loss. Truly inspiring

OMG that is an amazing loss, the biggest I've known. Your losses were phenomenal last time - how do you do it? Once I do about 8lbs for the first week I always get 3-4 for following weeks, never more! Do you do loads of exercise?
Well done again, and the bike ride sounds amazing!

Back