Day 14 - FAIL (contains reference to food)

Prepped for about 3 or 4 days before hand - just cut carbs down a bit and increased water intake, and made all the difference. I got "the" headache on day one, and it was gone by day 2. Went in to ketosis by the end of day 2!!!

Well...Still very excited about the Vietnam cycle challenge...so much so that I have devised a training schedule to get me up to the required fitness...and I have bought a bike!!! I don't need to start properly training in any way shape or form until at least April (when I will hopefully be 5 stone lighter!!!) but it is nearly 10 years since I last rode a bike so want to get one asap so I can get practising!!! EEKKKK!!! On a brighter note a guy from work has decided to join me to do it too!!!

Cambridge still going fab on the whole. Would have killed for a mcdonalds breakfast this morning - these night shifts are messing me right up!!! However instead I went to Tesco express on way home and got some chicken slices instead and had those - not ideal but a hell of a lot better for me than a mcdonalds breakfast :)

Well done avoiding McDonalds. You would have been so mad with yourself if you had weakened!

Looking like your bike trip is really going to happen. It's an added incentive to have someone else going too. Good Luck with your first try on your new bike!! LOL

I hope it is going to happen... I am very determind that I will be in Vietnam in October - not least because it is on my list of places I have always wanted to visit :)I'm going to look bloody stupid if I sign up and then F@£k up

I bought a bike last year, I MUST get back on it once the weather improves!!

Well done on avoiding the Maccies :D You`re doing great!! :D x

Bikes

I bought a bike last year, I MUST get back on it once the weather improves!!

Well done on avoiding the Maccies :D You`re doing great!! :D x

You and Me, both. I have always had a bike and almost never ride it! My DD loves to ride hers -- we are going to start going for rides. I won't use the excuse the "roads around here are too dangerous" I have a van, I can trasport them to the nearby bike path.

MM

You and Me, both. I have always had a bike and almost never ride it! My DD loves to ride hers -- we are going to start going for rides. I won't use the excuse the "roads around here are too dangerous" I have a van, I can trasport them to the nearby bike path.

MM

I really should cycle to work instead of driving :rolleyes: But I have a huuuuuge hill and can`t bear the thought lol x

Sorry Cazza :hijack:

Not exactly "hijacked" -- Starlight decided 3 days ago to cycle in mum's memory (charity ride). And, her enthusiam is contagious!

Starlight Cazza -- Do you want to set up a cycle challenge (either exercise, Computer game, and or real road) on the exercise thread? What 'cha think? I'll join -- I can (at a minimum) exercise bike it along with you.

MM

Exercise thread?

Yes -- on the exercise thread would be best, I think.

Day 11 and absolutely starving :( Just finished a string of nights and my body is all over the place. As a result I am absolutely ravenous and the shake isn't filling the gap. Had a bar about 3 hours ago and it's just left me feeling windy :( AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Try a cup of tea and maybe add a little skim milk. It might take the edge off.

The cup of tea thing works brill for me!! I have one at work in between my morning and afternoon packs, really helps me get by!!! haha xxx

Day 14 :break_diet::break_diet::break_diet:

The last couple of days have been dreadful - I worked friday, saturday and sunday nights, I then had to go in to work tuesday day for a stupid meeting, worked wednesday night, then in tomorrow for training!! I am not so good at mixing days and nights, and to be honest this week has killed me. Consequently I have been hungry since Sunday morning and have felt quite unwell.

Long and short of it I have ended up eating. I have managed to be reasonably good - the food I have had has generally been low carb (excluding the donut...let's pretend that didn't happen shall we). I think the tripping point came on Tuesday when, despite being an angel and drinking the right amount of water, having al my shakes and feeling absolutely starving for 2 days, I stepped on the scales to find myself 1lb heavier than my weigh in last thursday :cry: I should explain I have never not lost at least 3 or 4lb a week on this diet in all the times I have done it, so absolutely devastated by that :(

Got to get back in to it. Tomorrow is a new day and all that. Going to the gym tomorrow to burn off the food I have been eating. Next weigh in is next Thursday, so have about a week to undo the damage and hopefully actually lose some weight, otherwise I just don't know how I will stay focused.

A rather disheartened Caryl

Ah Caryl - don't beat yourself up - it happened now grab your focus back and put it behind you. You've had a really difficult work schedule - I don't know many people who could get through that,

Still onto getting focused - if you can stick with it it will be a completely different picture by next thursday - try not to worry about it - weight loss isn't linear and I often appear to lose nothing until the day before my weigh in when a few pound just disappear. This week I only lost 1 on my scales but 3 on the CDCs(are scales have been the same all the way through except one week when I lost 2 on mine and 5 on hers and then the following week I lost 4 on mine and 3 on hers - work that one out.) Try not to let what shows on the scales affect your eating (difficult i know) - better still avoid them until next thurs(says she who weighs every day, twice!!). This is a fab diet and if you can stick to it 100% it will work even though it might go in peaks and troughs. You have had such a great start on it - focus on that and keep going.

Sorry if this sounds a bit preachy - i don't mean it to - just trying to offer support - I had such great support in the beginning from goreygirl, rumblytums, Lauren and Moley (and a couple of others ) and I'm just trying to return the favours it helped me so much.

Good luck ;-)

Come on Caryl you can do it! Just put this week behind you and get going again. I've had weeks with no loss, at TOTM etc, so next week might be a good one! Good Luck!! :):)

Caryl --

Going to the gym sounds like a good plan. Are you starting out lighter than you did when you were on this diet before now? If you do not have as much to lose -- you are liable to lose more slowly. I do not expect to lose more than 2 to 3 pounds a week, at best. even with upping my exercise. I am within a stone of a healthy BMI (I'm not very tall).

Just do as everyone always says to do... "Draw a line under it, and move on."

MM

:hug99: You have done amazingly to get this far and your body probably just cannot cope at the moment on such lack of sleep whilst surviving on such little cals etc Xxx

:hug99: You have done amazingly to get this far and your body probably just cannot cope at the moment on such lack of sleep whilst surviving on such little cals etc Xxx

Thanks, I think that might just be the case! Things will be much more settled again from Monday, so have decided to spend this weekend low carbing and CD'ing - probably CD for breakfast, salad and chicken for lunch or something like that, then a bar this evening.

Then hopefully I can get back to SS from monday, or at the worst SS+

Fingers crossed!!!

Back