Day by Day

Today isn't such a good day. I have run out of all sf products, going to try to stay within the daily total of cals.

April 13th

Morning - Kelogs frosties + Skimmed milk = 201cals (30g serving )

Snack - Didnt have anything

Lunch - Chicken in a white roll = 453cals :cry:

Snack - Not going to have anything till dinner to make up for the calorific lunch

Evening Meal - ww shepards pie & runner beans

Snack -

Water - on my first 1.5ltr so far.

Last edited:
The shops are open! Get something in before you face this again tomorrow! Always have at least ONE unopened tub of the powder and some Marvel milk powder in stock. Put 250ml water in the shaker, add 2 rounded tablespoons (or 3 dessertspoons) of Marvel and 2 scoops of SlimFast powder. From there, it's just the same as if you'd made it with regular milk.

You could use any dried milk powder, but Marvel is the only one I've found that doesn't end up lumpy.

sadly i didn't have the pennies to get some today. I had the milk so milk wasn't a problem. I'm normally well stocked up to be honest but for some reason didn't take much notice of my diminishing supplies :(

But hay ho i have smoothies for tomorrow, my lovely OH saved the day ( well tomorrow ) by getting me some on his way home from work so all will be good tomorrow.

April 14th

Morning - Raspberry smoothie

Snack - Banana & 1 strawberry/yoghurt Go-ahead slice

Lunch -

Snack -

Evening Meal -

Snack -

Water - on my first 2lts

Colin, i love the whole idea of loving yourself!! I have been looking at positive thinking. it's not that easy to do but I am trying. Like today I am having a good hair day so I am trying to think to myself that today I am Linda the Lovely hair!! lol :D

It's a really good idea to try.

i agree with what you say colin but must say willpower is whats needed mostin my house. i have 3 kids (4 if you include hubby) so there is always loads of naughty food around for them, by that i don't mean they don't eat healthily they do, they actually like fruit and veg lol, its just the crisps and biscuits and homebaking that i have to resist. if i lived on my own i think i would be more successful as i would def only have the things in the house that i was allowed to eat and not be tempted as much. basically though, its down to me and i've just got to learn to stop making excuses and get on with it!

i agree with what you say colin but must say willpower is whats needed mostin my house. i have 3 kids (4 if you include hubby) so there is always loads of naughty food around for them, by that i don't mean they don't eat healthily they do, they actually like fruit and veg lol, its just the crisps and biscuits and homebaking that i have to resist. if i lived on my own i think i would be more successful as i would def only have the things in the house that i was allowed to eat and not be tempted as much. basically though, its down to me and i've just got to learn to stop making excuses and get on with it!

Your house sounds like mine, i have 3 kids too and its so hard to be good when you see the kids and your OH eating things you wish you could. To make things easier on myself i came up with a plan. As of 2 weeks ago i decided that when i do the shopping ( i'm the only one in the house who does ) i wouldn't buy my kids any crisps, biscuits or any other junk for that matter. Now i don't mind my kids eating it to be honest as long as they don't pig out but common we have to be fair to ourselves when doing what you and i are doing :) so i have now told my kids that should they need something to eat we will always have fruit in the house ( that's also kinda easy for me as my brother works on the fruit n veg stall on the market so brings me home lots ) My middle child cant stand fruit or veg sadly but then i cant force him to eat it, i can only encourage him. Having not bought any goodies ( as we call them in our house ) when shopping its been a life saver on those moments when i could easily go to the cupboard and munch a bikkie and no one would know a thing. so its kept me on the straight and narrow for sure.

The other hard thing in my house is my OH, he can eat his dinner and then eat cereal or anything else he may fancy and though i'm not hungry i want to join him, i do save my evening snack till he is about but it never seems enough. I have tried telling him no eating after dinner or if you must then do it away from me but i cant stick to it as i feel guilty for making him not eat when he wants to.

I came up with a new way of looking at food and over weight problems the other day whilst moping my kitchen floor ( strange things i think about whilst doing housework ) but anyway my mum and dad are also big but i have noticed since i started my diet quiet how unhealthy they look. My poor mum suffers with a lot of joint pain as she has arthritis and my dad has sciatica but sadly they just keep eating and im sure a little loss would help some of their symptoms. anyway back to my thoughts whilst cleaning, i asked my self what does over eating do ? and my answer was KILL YOU, so i then thought to myself well food can only kill someone if they choose to over eat so food isn't the killer its ourselves so by over eating you are committing yourself to a slow and painful death which i call food suicide. My thoughts sound very gloomy but common this really is for those who are seriously over weight and i am one of them, though i'm not killing myself anymore i did go down that root i suppose and i find that very sad. Most my family say oh well most women in our family are on the big side so we are meant to be that way and we do love our food so i think i grew up with these excuses in my head but i'm fighting them away now and i do understand that they are excuse and nothing more. Just wish i could get others in my family to think and feel the same. My mum says to me on a daily basis that she really needs to do something about her weight but then she will call me in the evening and real off all this bad food she has consumed, all i can say is WHY, WHY do you have to eat all of that after the dinner you have eaten. My mum is a huge carb fan and she sometimes has 2 carb items on her plate which i'm sure isn't good but i have to keep my mouth shut, i don't want her to think i'm always looking down on her food choices. Parents hay ?!

Anyway that's enough psychology for one post.

wow you're harsh hayley, i think my kids would leave home and the oldest is only 12! :8855: yeah it is bloody hard with them in the house especially in the hols hence why i've fallen off the wagon this week big style and like your hubby eats everything in sight. i think he's got hollow legs as he never puts on weight :8855:.

i think you're right about your parents hun, by them saying all women in the family are big is like giving you the green light to eat as much as you like without consequences :copon: at least you though can now see that you want to break the mold and think for yourself which is great :hug99:

its lovely to talk to someone else in the same frame of mind so talk to me anytime even if its to moan:giggle:

It's true, so many conditions are linked with being overweight, and it's high time the medics started taking some responsibility as well as ourselves. If you go to the doctor's, he simply tells you to lose weight. If you're really lucky, he'll give you a diet sheet - typically very basic advice. Yet, when you return some months on with little, if any, progress, then he tells you to go away again and return when you've lost the weight.

I wonder, if you broke your leg and it didn't heal, would he send you away telling you to return once you've mended? Or would he take that more seriously? Yet being overweight is more of an issue.

You can go down that road yourself, and tell yourself that it's all your fault and no-one forced the food down your throat etc - and if you can get the urge to do the right thing from that, then great!

Sadly, it generally makes many of us feel guilty and low ... and we all know what that leads to!

So, come on everybody: can you stick to the SlimFast plan? Of course you can!

The question is: are you going to? That's the challenge. Rise to it. Then you'll be a winner AND a loser! ;)

The question is:
are you going to? YES !!!
That's the challenge.INDEED
Rise to it. I WILL !!!
Then you'll be a winner AND a loser! I AM GOING TO BE BOTH A WINNER AND A LOSER !!! ;)I kind of edited the original quote to add my answers to ColinT's Questions.

Love those questions ColinT :talk017:

As you can see i haven't done my daily food diary today. Hmmmm what has she been up to i bet ur thinking. :rolleyes:

Well i haven't done my diary because i was a bad lady today and i didn't have anything to eat or drink till about 3ish in the afternoon :eek: (apart from a small mouthful of water )

Well this morning i was up at 7.30am, went on face book and here and then i fell back to sleep as all the kids were still in bed and then to my surprise i was woken by the house phone at 11am, all kids were dressed by this time and waiting for us to go out food shopping. Well i totally forgot to eat n drink before going out which i didn't manage till abt 12.30pm and then when i got home and had unpacked the shopping it was close to 3pm and i was starving. I was close to have some poached eggs and mushrooms but i was good and had a banana, my smoothie and a go-ahead bar, then for dinner which i didn't have till about 8ish i had a prawn cocktail salad which was yum and then i had a yoghurt and for my evening snack i had a ww caramel bar.

So what i had to eat was okay, just short of my morning smoothie, just my timings were all over the plc today and i was really thrown of course with that mammoth lay in.

Last edited:
I'm so over the moon today i cant contain myself, i have just woke up my oh at like 8am when its his day off to tell him my amazing loss this week of a whole 5lbs. I am over the moon because last night i was feeling like i wouldn't be able to reach aprils goal as i still had 8lbs to go and only 2 wi's after today's but omg omg today's wi has meant i only have 3lbs to lose now for aprils goal.

This feeling sure is better that any food in this world and i cant explain how happy i am to be firmly into those 17's this week. Of course i still have a long way to go but i feel like im winning this battle again which i know will keep me going.

I have done a lot of thinking over the past few days about starting a new diet like, ww, sw or atkins so that i can have the pleasure of eating in the mornings and at lunch but i'm scared now. i'm liking this weeks results and i know i have been 100% this week so if i have more 100% weeks those wi's will keep me on the SF diet.

April 16th

Morning - Raspberry Smoothie

Snack - Didnt have one

Afternoon - Poached egg, boiled mushrooms.

Snack - Didnt have any

Evening Meal - OH took me out for a meal and to the cinema. We had a chinese meal and then at the cinema i had a bottle of water and we shared a pack of mars planets. Was all very nice but now im looking forward to being very good for the rest of the week.

Snack -

Water - 2 glasses

Last edited:
Well done Sass thats brilliant!!
keep it up. i did a few 100% days and reallynotcied the difference, so i guess thats the key. :)

Thanks Lili, yep i think if you stick to the plan like glue you get great results and its a fantastic feeling, the feeling is better than the quick fix of something bad :D

Thanks Lili, yep i think if you stick to the plan like glue you get great results and its a fantastic feeling, the feeling is better than the quick fix of something bad :D

You know, if it were possible to bottle that feeling, I wonder what people would pay for it? HOLD ONTO IT! Take a moment (just a moment) to sit down and close your eyes and think about how good you feel right now - and deservedly so: you've put in the effort and are reaping the rewards.

Whenever you're tempted to stray from your plan, think how you might feel when you've eaten whatever is tempting you. Sure, you might enjoy it - but will you? If you've eaten it before, think about how it actually tasted, we often remember foods as better than they really are; typically as a result of fancy packaging or successful advertising. Then think about how good you're feeling right now and remember some of this week's thoughts.
  • You're worth more than that (whatever it is);
  • You're better than that (cheating);
  • You deserve more than that (rather than having your efforts thwarted just for a moment's pleasure)
Then turn your mind to something else: it's the harboured thoughts that cause us to weaken. Move on in your life, keep going for success!

Well done on this week's result: you've proved that (a) the plan works and (b) you can do it - so keep doing it! :scale:

Back