Day one on Lipotrim and I am sooooo hungry!

mmmmm....Thats a good point.....really determined that I dont have to go through this again - want to stay at target!!!! The Chemist I went to said that following the low GI is recommended for maintence?

Yes, I think thats a good idea - there are so many low GI foods you can have so it makes it much easier to maintain, and not go hungry! When I get to goal I will be back on my All Bran and granary bread lol!

Do you know of any good low GI books....were you doing this diet before doing LT??

Yes, I did the GI Plan by Azmina Govindji and Nina Puddefoot - its just brilliant! Three meals and three snacks a day so you just dont get hungry. Weight loss is pretty slow but its very effective.

My mum also recenlty bought me a fantastic low GI cookbook, GI High Energy cookbook by Rachael Anne Hill. It has some delicious recipes in it, all of which have calories and nutrition profile etc. I'll be using that a lot when I get to goal!

Sounds good...will keep an eye out for those....there are some fab results on the low GI diet...but as you said its a long hard slog when you have loads to loose...yah to LT!

I agree, yay to LT LOL! I get bored and impatient, which is why normal dieting wasnt going to work for me - I need to see quick results :)

I know how you feel....so much effort and thought for a pound or two a week and one slip and you loose nothing....and pile it back so easily.....god when I think of the years I have lost when I could have done this or CD...anyhoo - back to house work for rest of day.....

Ooooffff housework, lucky you!! I have just been exploring in some nearby woods, which used to be part of RAF South Witham. It was ever so slightly spooky and I got a bit lost. Kept thinking about Blair Witch Project.... How glad was I to find my car again?!?!

oohh that sounds interesting! good to get a bit of fresh air....planning to go for a little walk later....need to switch on my work blackberry this evening and see whats waiting for me in the am boo hoo!!! Sorry being a real pain today!!!

Oh no :-( do you *really* have to check it this evening? Thats almost like having to start work tonight, aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!

Think I am going to be lazy this evening and watch Titanic lol!

Week two and I feel Great

Hi Everyone,

This is my update after having done a whole week on lipotrim. I went for my weigh in yesterday and as some of you may have seen on a different thread I am quite pleased to say that I lost a whole 10lbs in my first week!!!!!:bliss:

I am not expecting to lose anywhere near that (secretly I would like to obviously:giggle:) amount on my next weigh in especially as I have a hen weekend in Dublin:party0036: starting on Friday and not home again until Sunday afternoon. I think I am just going to try and eat sensibly:eat: rather than trying to keep up the lipotrim and have a drink :party0016:beacause I would rather stay standing :character00264:until the end of the night and I really do not want to be talking to the big white telephone either!!!:sign0137:

My friend Stacey and I who incidentally has expressed an interest in lipotrim and has signed up to minimins went out for our weekly walk last night. I was really tired yesterday because of a bad night with my girls but a walk really does help lift you. We even ran a bit of the way (about 800yds its a start).:) I am also walking every lunchtime for about half an hour at a good fast pace so I am really feeling like I am putting some effort into losing some weight this time.:D

Anyway thats my weekly update about how I am doing and I hope that you are all doing well !:D

Last edited:
Congratulations and good for you. We all inspire each other and that is such a good thing to keep the motivation going.

Hey Rachel - its great to have good loss your first week..it might slow down a bit for next one but you know its coming off now - great motivation....great post to read - well done.

Im back and I was a bad bad girl!!!!

Hi all,

Well we had a great time. We stayed in the Temple Bar hotel in Temple Bar itself which is one of the main pub/club parts of Dublin.

We got the train from Belfast and to be honest I decided on the friday we went down to put the diet on hold for the weekend so I had eaten normally (but not badly) that day and im glad I had because we had a few drinks on the train on the way down. There was 12 of us who went down on the friday night and another 6 to meet us for the Sat night. As you can imagine it was quite hard to keep 18 girls (some more drunk than others) together!!

So Friday night once we got to the hotel we went next door to the bar (of course) and had a cocktail and a couple of drinks before we had dinner next door in the hard rock cafe. I had chicken and pasta, i know pasta was bad but I didnt eat it all and I thought more along the lines of padding in my tummy than diet really. We then went to the bar again and had a few more drinkies. We met another stag do (if not for the hen and stag do's Dublin would be empty me thinks, sooooooo many) of would you believe it FIREMEN!! They were actually a real good laugh. Amanda could have pulled if she had wanted but has a lovely bloke at home she is perfectly happy with!! I however only managed to pull an old spanish bloke who bought us a drink without being asked and then proceeded to tell me within 5 mins that he was a millionare (my ass) and that his wife was dead!! RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!!! Whoops me and charlotte may have stumbled off and got a pizza after the bar but we didnt eat it all, I only had 2 bits and that is good for me because normally I could have eaten it all!!

Sat night I actually didnt drink very much because I couldn't get drunk anyway being that I was so very drunk the night before so I decided to not waste my money trying and drink water instead and im afraid a few of us faded at about 1.30am and went to bed!! Needless to say we felt absolutely fine next day and no-one else did!!!

It was a good weekend and I am back on LT this morning but I am not holding out any hope for having lost anything this week. I just hope I havent put any on!!!

I am supposed to go for my next weigh in today but my three year old is not very well at the minute so I dont want to drag herto the chemist with me. I will wait until tomorrow and go up on my lunch break I think.

Goodness me what a weekend! Sounds like you had a brilliant time, but eeew at the old Spanish bloke LOL. Quite right, run away, run away very fast!!!

I wouldnt worry too much if the scales tomorrow say you have put any on, as its very likely to be water, which will soon go as soon as you get back into routine and start glugging!

Hope your little girl gets better soon :)

Sounds like you had a fab weekend! Craig and I went to Dublin 1st weekend in July and it was awesome! We spent quite a bit of tine in the Temple Bar pub and around that area but also had a great time in the Brazen Head (the oldest pub in Dublin)....its definately a drinking place!! We spent a fortune as its so dear compared to here!

Anyway like Elle said dont be too disheartened if you have put on as your back on the wagon so it wont be on for long!!

Beginning of week 3 and ooops

Hi,

Just went for my weigh in and I have only lost 1lb but I am happy with that because I had my weekend away and didn't even attempt to do LT. I was a bit bit scared that I may have put on weight. So to still lose 1lb makes me happy!!!:D:D:D

Hi Rachel,

Well done on your 1lb. off!!!

Especially after a weekend away!

Love Mini xxx

well done ....at least you were not expecting a big loss, or a loss at all. Good luck for this week !

Hi,

Just went for my weigh in and I have only lost 1lb but I am happy with that because I had my weekend away and didn't even attempt to do LT. I was a bit bit scared that I may have put on weight. So to still lose 1lb makes me happy!!!:D:D:D

Rachel.... thats REALLY good!! You must be so pleased!

Back