Days off work

meoww

Silver Member
Does anyone have a dodgy work schedule like me? I work most saturdays and mondays too so I get random weekdays off (like today!) but also sundays.
I get that real weekend feeling on Friday night still.. then I get the weekend feeling again when I am actually off work.
and I keep blaming this for messing up my diets, as of course I seem to associate the 'weekend feeling' with some nice foods..

I also need some ideas! what to do with days off?! especially during the week when noone else is really around; which leaves me more likely to eat loads of rubbish while noones looking :(

what do you all do as distraction? and I mean a FULL day of distracting!

I have a strange work schedule in and out of uni and then on placements. In fairness for me I've forgotten what a weekend is because I'm usually on placement or providing first aid cover somewhere. What you need to do is stop associating the weekend with food and think of other things to associate it with.

As for things to do, when I was fitter if I had time off I'd go for random drives and random walks or go window shopping round town.

I might try window shopping, im bad at shopping I just go in and out always buy stuff!
a nice walk would be good, maybe ill find some good routes out in the country! nice idea :)
I love to cycle but it might be a bit much as its tough round here (Leeds -lots of hills!)

I work weird hours too - I've only started today which has been great because I have been in work most of the day - tomorrow is my day off so fingers crossed I will be able stick to it properly.

I'm working on Sat and I too associate weekends with treats and takeaways - but I'm determined to do this so I have to grin and bare it and take it one day at a time.

Good luck
:)

I might try window shopping, im bad at shopping I just go in and out always buy stuff!
If you're bad for buying stuff don't take any money. I know that if I wander round with no money I can't buy anything but if I find something I really like I can go home and think about it and then I can always go back with some money at another time to buy it if I want.

I try to spend a day in a local freebie, like a museum, check online for local farms or design a walk around the local area where you have to walk to each location and the may be like a ghost story or local history?

I like the ideas, thanks :)
I know 'the weekend' is an excuse to overeat so I suppose breaking the association is key. reading my Dr Beck solution book and she reckons she'll have me thinking like a thin person! so challenge accepted!

Back