Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Fruit salad, wow. OK, so it can be a bit labourious putting it together, but sooooo worth the effort. I have a hug bowl of it in the fridge, so handy to just take a few spoonfuls from, cover with a mullerlight, and scoff. mmmmm.

2 x Peaches de-stoned and chopped
2 x Nectarines de-stoned and chopped
1/2 punnet of seedless grapes halved
1/2 punnet strawberries topped and halved
1 x banana chopped
3 x satsuma oranges peeled and segmented

Throw in a bowl, mix, and keep in the fridge. Can be eaten with a Mullerlight, set into a sugar free jelly, eaten as is, or many other options.

This will last me probably 4 days or so.

And i shall be having some now that i have just finished a nice bacon and egg salad.

View attachment 105203

Look at lunch, a "nice" sachet of vegetable biryani. Note the ONE lump of veg in the middle of the bowl. I swear that's all that was there when i emptied the contents into the bowl. haha.

View attachment 105220

Last edited:
i search all over the web for recipes, but nearly always end up back on this site. i have found some that are Slimming World friendly, but need to make more of an effort to cook some up really.

I love this site, it's relatively easy to make recipes SW friendly, it just takes a bit of imagination:D

Yesterdays lunch, actually may enjoy it again today as it was really nice, and i dropped weight again so clearly was good for me. haha. i had 2 of these but then i couldn't eat a Muller light after, so maybe one would have been plenty?

Take 2 slices of ham. I had packet ham, 12 slices for 3 quid i think it was. Lay out so one overlaps the other, and then spread a triangle cheese onto the ham. i had laughing cow lite, i think its 5 or 6 a day as part of HEb.

Chop up some red pepper and spring onion, slice some cucumber and halve some cherry tomatoes. Lay out on top of the ham and cheese triangles, season, then roll the ham up to envelope the filling.

I did consider a spoonful of lighter than light mayo, but figured the triangles would give it the extra it needed anyway, and it worked. Really nice. Almost like a cheese and ham sandwich, but without the bread.

View attachment 105680

Starting again with the food diary, really not happy, just cannot get away from 194 - 196 lbs. Hit 193 yesterday am but straight back up again. Argghhhhhh.

YESTERDAY

Lets see if im still in the swing of this.

I use 1% fat milk so allowance is 300 ml, just in case i get shouted at for going over allowance. lol.

Breakfast

35g Muesli with milk, coffee. (HEb. 125 ml HEa, 50 ml HEa) (58% of allowance)

Lunch

2 slices ham, spread with a Laughing Cow cheese triangle, chopped pepper, spring onion, sliced cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes. x 2 (2 triangles = 40% of HEa allowance) 98% total.

Dinner

Stuffed Marrow. Quarter of a marrow, hollowed out, filled with beef mince cooked with garlic, tin toms, mixed herbs, cayenne pepper, mushrooms, oxo cube, onion, salt & pepper, courgette, green pepper. Topped with grated cheese. (25g) (5 syns as no HEa allowance left)
Muller light with a satsuma.

Other

Mocha (circa 16 syns) I think i had 2 coffees throughout the latter part of the day (2 syns) Banana.
Lots of squash, double strength no added sugar.

I know i shouldn't of had the mocha, all would have been ok if it weren't for that. I shall blame Mother for taking me into a cafe while shopping yesterday. haha.

23 syns total for the day. 98% HEa. 100% HEb.

Last edited:
Wed 4th September

Breakfast

Muller light yogurt. Coffee. (HEa x 50 ml)

Dinner

Chicken in chip shop style curry sauce. Rice. (4 syns) The jar holds 17 and a half syns total, 3 portions = approx 4 syns each

Tea

Muller light yogurt mixed with half a tub of quark, bit of sweetener, and fresh fruit salad (see pic)

Other

Coffee x 3 (HEa x 150 ml) 200 ml total today. Banana. 1 x Kelloggs Special K Biscuit Moment. (HEb)

View attachment 105874
FRESH FRUIT SALAD

2 apples, cored and chopped
2 nectarines destoned and chopped
20 strawberries topped and quartered
20 green grapes halved
18 purple grapes halved

This will have cost circa £3.50 to make up, but it will last for roughly 8 - 10 servings, depending on how much you eat.

4 syns total for the day.

Last edited:
I am trying a small experiment. In this house we have dinner at 5pm ish. I do take the dog for a small walk before dark, but im feeling as though the food isnt being digested fully before i go to bed, so i am swapping lunch for dinner and having a light tea at 5pm, just to see if there is a difference.

Worth trying the change in lunch/tea meals to see if that helps.

I always have wine & chocs with MiL on a Saturday night & it's not unusual for me to have 40 syns on a Saturday, what I used to do is have less syns each day until nxt WI, but what I've just recently tried, & it seems to be working is, not having any syns until I've just my 15syns per day, make sense? so if I've had 40 syns I'll not have any syns until Monday & then it'll be max 5.

Worth trying the change in lunch/tea meals to see if that helps.

I always have wine & chocs with MiL on a Saturday night & it's not unusual for me to have 40 syns on a Saturday, what I used to do is have less syns each day until nxt WI, but what I've just recently tried, & it seems to be working is, not having any syns until I've just my 15syns per day, make sense? so if I've had 40 syns I'll not have any syns until Monday & then it'll be max 5.

Whats MiL?

I do average out the syns as a rule, just starting this 2 days before weigh in, when i haven't recorded the rest of the week, im just happy to moan at myself. lol.

Thanks for following. I was feeling like i was talking to myself. As usual. haha.

Thursday 5th September

Breakfast
Muesli with milk and fresh strawberries. HEb HEa x 100 ml

Dinner
Homemade cottage pie

Tea
Jacket spud with mixed bean salad, salad, and mayo. 1 tbsp lighter than light mayo Half a syn
Muller light yogurt over fresh fruit salad

Other

Coffee x 3 HEa x 150 ml Kelloggs Biscuit moment 5 syns Cadbury's Hot Chocolate Instant 3 syns

View attachment 106065

8 and a half syns total for the day

Last edited:
Friday 6th September

Breakfast

Muesli with fresh strawberries HEa 100 ml HEb

Dinner

Ham salad. Kelloggs Biscuit Moment 5 syns

Tea

Homemade cottage pie (again, easiness of having 4 portions of it in the freezer. lol.) With loads of veg.
Muller light over fresh fruit salad.

Other

Coffee x 3 HEa 150 ml Cadburys Hot Chocolate Instant 4 syns (its 1 syn per tsp, and last nights 3 spoons wasn't enough)

Last edited:
Saturday 7th September

Ahhhhh, struggling today, really have an "i just cannot be bothered" attitude. But, today's eats

Breakfast

Full English. Bacon, egg, beans, toast with marmite, mushroom. HEb

Dinner

Kelloggs Biscuit moment 5 syns
Muller light over fresh fruit salad

Tea

Homemade curry with rice

Other

Coffee x 4 HEa 200 ml Banana

Sunday 8th Spetember

Breakfast

Muesli with satsuma segments and milk HEb HEa x 100 ml

Dinner

Roast pork, spuds, cabbage, carrots, baked marrow tomatoes and red onion. Minimal amount of gravy. 100 ml = 1 and a half syns
Muller light over a chopped banana

Tea

Only had a Kelloggs biscuit moment for tea, really wasn't hungry at all. 5 syns

Other

coffee x 3 HEa x 150 ml Banana

Last edited:
And so, another week begins. Had a sneaky weigh this morning, and wahay, moving downward again. At last my club 10 sticker can go on. Its taken a lot longer than i had hoped, but i got there.

Monday 9th September

Breakfast

Muesli with satsuma segments and milk HEb HEa x 100 ml

Dinner

Ham wrap. 2 slices of ham, spread with a cheese triangle, wrapped around chopped pepper, onion, courgette and cucumber. HEa x 20%

Tea

Other

Coffee x 2 HEa x 100 ml (HEa @86%)

Last edited:
Back