Daz FINALLY has a food diary

And so, another week begins. Had a sneaky weigh this morning, and wahay, moving downward again. At last my club 10 sticker can go on. Its taken a lot longer than i had hoped, but i got there.

Wowee! .. 21lbs since the end of June is pretty good going IMO!

Well done anyway.. :happy096:

Wowee! .. 21lbs since the end of June is pretty good going IMO!

Well done anyway.. :happy096:

Hey, thanks, dont get me wrong, overall i am happy pretty much, just being impatient over the past 2 weeks of slow down. i want to stay at 2 lb a week average, and with any luck i can perhaps pick that up now, fingers crossed that i have passed a glitch.

Hi Daz :wavey:,

How are you ? You not been updating your food diary recently ? I came for a quick snoop lol :p.

Kay xx

Hi Kay, not really been doing this, only ever feel the need to do it if i am struggling to lose anything. So now i am back again after gaining a lb last week. So bloody frustrating.

Right, measuring the correct amount of milk into a jug again first thing in the morning, thinking that my coffee intake has increased now the weather has altered, so maybe that could be an issue for the gain last week. I can think of nothing else that would have contributed to it, but, rather than do the same as a lot of others and go into the "i have no idea why i have gained" routine, i shall start up the diary again, note everything that passes my lips, and go from there.

Another thing i shall monitor as well is the activity. What with my mobility issues and the weather change i am not going out with the dog as much now, so maybe the wii fit will come back out into action.

I will not be beaten by this. I have not lost 2 and a half stone just to be stumped at this point.

Last edited:
Friday 18th October

BREAKFAST

1 Go Ahead Crispy Slices. (9 syns)
Now im sure they have changed these. Now they say that there are 3 syns in every single slice, really didn't think it was that much, but hey ho. At least i know now. (I only tend to have one every now and again anyway, not 2 or 3 a day)

LUNCH

Ham salad. 1 tablespoon lighter than light mayo = 1/2 syn

DINNER

Liver, bacon and onions, with boiled potatoes and mushy peas.

OTHER

Coffee with 50ml milk. (from 300ml 1% fat milk as today's heA) x 2

Looks good Daz - your syns target is pretty low for a week considering the allowance is 105. Ive noticed a lot try and aim for 75/80. Will you manage on 45

Looks good Daz - your syns target is pretty low for a week considering the allowance is 105. Ive noticed a lot try and aim for 75/80. Will you manage on 45

Its set for the 3 days starting today til sunday. Does equate to 105 over a full week. I set for 15 a day although rarely use them all.

Do you snack at all?? No space on your sheet for snacks

Ahh sorry thought that was healthy extras as you'd written then in there for today: I'm awful at reading tables/charts lol! Am on my phone too and if I try to zoom in it moves about on the screen :/

After a friendly nudge via a private message last night and some research online today i have concluded that i need to become a rabbit. Lots of salad and veg.

One thing i can relate to was reading the words "If your weight loss is going fine, you may never think about Speed Foods at all." And that is true for me, running along nice and steady, just one blip after a night out the other week, but now a sudden halt to the proceedings. And how annoying it has become.

Personally I do believe that I eat a lot of free food and some super free, but the fact that its easy to THINK that to be the case has brought me back to the food diary and designing the spreadsheet, so I have a concise and accurate record of what I am doing each day. I may even have a look at modifying the sheet so that it records super free foods as well.

But for now I shall accept that I need to alter my routine and go back to basics. I feel a lot of recipe searching coming up over the next few days.

You can do it!!! Superfree is easy, even if your not mad keen on a 'side portion' of plain veg. Passata/chopped toms with finely chopped onions, garlic, grated veg etc as a pasta sauce is always a good one :) Sometimes you have to step back and really look at what you're doing to realise what you can improve - I'm sure you're eating more of it than you think!

Well if you look at yesterdays menu there will have been beetroot, lettuce, peppers, & spring onions on the salad,
And then onions and mushy peas on the dinner, so there are a few super free foods there i think?

Well if you look at yesterdays menu there will have been beetroot, lettuce, peppers, & spring onions on the salad,
And then onions and mushy peas on the dinner, so there are a few super free foods there i think?

Hi Daz - Mushy peas are free and superspeed but not superfree, same as sweetcorn isnt but baby sweetcorn is - just in case you ever eat that too

Back