Debz1809's Food Diary

Debz1809

I ♥ SW!
Hi there, I have decided to upload my Food Diary each day. This is Week 3 and I would appreciate it if people would check over the diary day to day and see if it looks alright.
I am on nightshift this week so eating times are a bit strange!

WEEK 3 DAY 1 (8/2/11) EXTRA EASY

At Work (3.30am)
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Apple

Before Bed (7am)
Toffee and Pecan Hi Fi Bar (HEXB)
Fat Free Strawberry Yoghurt

On Getting Up (9pm)
Penne Pasta with Primula Light Cheese (6 SYNS)with Chicken Chunks and Onion
Yellow Plum
2 x Mini Babybel Cheese's (HEXA)

At Work (11pm)
Bernard Mathew Turkey Ham Meat, Homemade Papkira and Black Pepper Potato Wedges, Garden Peas
Kiwi Fruit

Total SYNS Used = 6

Any hints and tips on this would be appreciated
:thankyou:

Last edited:
Hi there, I have decided to upload my Food Diary each day. This is Week 3 and I would appreciate it if people would check over the diary day to day and see if it looks alright.
I am on nightshift this week so eating times are a bit strange!

WEEK 3 DAY 1 (8/2/11)

At Work (3.30am)
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Apple

Before Bed (7am)
Toffee and Pecan Hi Fi Bar (HEXB)
Fat Free Strawberry Yoghurt

On Getting Up (9pm)
Penne Pasta with Primula Light Cheese (not sure how many syns??) with Chicken Chunks and Onion
Yellow Plum
2 x Mini Babybel Cheese's (HEXA)

At Work (11pm)
Bernard Mathew Turkey Ham Meat, Homemade Papkira and Black Pepper Potato Wedges, Garden Peas
Kiwi Fruit

Any hints and tips on this would be appreciated
:thankyou:

Hi Debz,

Looks like a good variety of food which is good. And eating plenty. I assume that this is extra

My comments would be:

Not enough superfree. EE you need to have at least 1/3 superfree. Ideally that should be on the plate (because it helps to naturally limit your portion size and fill you up) but sometimes that's just really difficult so fruit afterwards is ok on the odd occasion. Could you have a bit of fruit for breakfast as well ?

Peas are not superfree, just free.

I would recommend checking syn values of absolutely everything because it really helps. I presume that you checked the turkey ham ? Make sure you are eating enough syns (min 5) not just making sure you don't eat enough.

Good idea to keep a food diary though - I find that I usually slightly underestimate my syns when I don't keep a diary.

Hope that helps. Doing well though :). Hope you have another good week.

Gail x

WEEK 3 DAY 2 (9/2/11) EXTRA EASY

At Work (3.30am)
Options Mint Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)
250ml Skimmed Milk (HEXA)

At Work (6.45am)
Bananna and Custard Muller Light
HiFi Chocolate and Orange Bar (HEXB)
Apple

Before Bed (10.30am)
Cooked Breakfast : Quorn Sausages, Onions, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, Fried Eggs - all done in Fry Light

Dinner In Work (11.20pm)
2 x Gammon Rounds with Pineapple (topped with mustard powder, salt and black pepper)
Black Pepper SW Potato Wedges
2 x Mini Babybel Light Cheese (4 syns)
Yellow Plum

Total SYNS Used = 6

Hi Debz,

Looks good. Assume you are keeping to the 1/3 rule still ?

Gail x

WEEK 3 DAY 3 10/2/11) EXTRA EASY

At Work (3.30am)
Options Hazelnut Hot Chocolate (2 Syns - Never drank it tonight as I accidently put 2 sweetners in it. Was horrible)
250ml Skimmed Milk (HEXA)
Strawberries
Bananna
Kiwi Fruit

At Work (6.45am)
HiFi Chocolate and Orange Bar (HEXB)
Apple

Dinner In Work (11.20pm)
2x Baked Potatoes with Chicken, Primula Light Cheese 50g (3.5 Syns), Beetroot and Pickled Onions
Apple
Yellow Plum

Total SYNS Used =6.5

I went to my Fab Abs, Gym and Zumba after work at 8am so never had any lunch when I got back home. Went straight to bed. I am starving now and fruit just aint cutting it!!!!

WEEK 3 DAY 4 11/2/11) EXTRA EASY

At Work (3.30am)
3 Yellow Plums
Mug Shot .... Sweet and Sour
Coffee 2 Sweetners with a dash of milk (1 syn)

Work (6.45am)
HiFi Mint Bar (HEXB)

Dinner In Work (11.20pm)
2x Baked Potatoes with Cold Meat (Ham), Mushy Peas. Cherry Tomatoes, Beetroot and Pickled Onions
2 Mini Babybel Light Cheeses (HEXA)

Total SYNS Used = 1

This is my last nightshift and I slept alot longer than planned today! Don't feel like I have eaten enough!

It must be really hard working shifts. I know from working shifts in the past that food planning can be a nightmare.

Your meals look fine, but I agree with the previous poster that you should try and up your 1/3 superfree (fruit and unstarchy veg) and have it included in your meal, as what this will do is automatically portion control your free carbs and proteins.

Good luck and you are doing fab so far!!

It must be really hard working shifts. I know from working shifts in the past that food planning can be a nightmare.

Your meals look fine, but I agree with the previous poster that you should try and up your 1/3 superfree (fruit and unstarchy veg) and have it included in your meal, as what this will do is automatically portion control your free carbs and proteins.

Good luck and you are doing fab so far!!

Thanks very much huni! I find it hard to have vegetables as I dont eat many. I am on my last nightshift tonight so I think I will make a big pot of Veg Soup and then have that throughout the day. I will have some veg and side salad tonight when I go to dinner but cant promise it will be syned :( xxx

I put loads of veggies into the food that I eat eg bolognaise sauce, stroganoff etc etc. Then I don't have to have lots of extra (although often I do because I've got used to them and quite like them now). Have you looked at BritMum's website - it's FANTASTIC for recipes and ideas.

Looking at your food diaries, I don't think you are eating enough. I assume that you have been trying to keep your syns low in anticipation for tonight which is fine but try not to keep too low. I find that if I do that, I am more likely to want to graze/go off plan. I usually have 2 substantial meals per day, but try to keep them predominantly syn free with at least 1/3 superfree. Then I am less likely to go looking for other food.

Lastly I would suggest that you have a strategy for your night out. I eat out lots and haven't found SW restricting however I have a number of different strategies depending on where I am going:

1. Most meals (ie nice food but not really special) - try to pick the most SW friendly meal of the stuff that I like so that I don't feel deprived but have a nice yummy time. Ask them to modify it if simple (eg please don't add a drizzle of oil to my fish skewers, no butter/oil on veggies etc). Then have pudding if it's worth it !

2. Occasional meals out (somewhere special) - have what I like but try not to add extra syns where possible (eg don't have bread unless it's homemade etc).

I never choose something that I don't particularly want just because it's SW friendly because that would make me feel deprived. For me, SW is all about the psychology which is what's made the difference and allowed me to stick to it for so long.

Good luck and have a lovely evening.

Gail x

hiya, Food Diary has went a wee bit wrong towards the end of the week! My Weigh In was today and so far I have only eaten 2 plums, and apple and waiting on dinner cooking at the mo : Mustard Chicken with Spicy Potato Wedges. I know I have not ate alot but will do my food diary for sure this week, starting tomorrow. I lose 3.5lbs this week!!! Thats me now lost 17lbs in only 3 weeks. So happy xx

WEEK 4 - DAY 1 - 15/2/11 (EE)

Breakfast
Apple
2 Yellow Plums

Lunch
Homemade Vegetable Soup
Yellow Plum

Dinner
Homemade Bacon Burgers with Paprika Potato Slices and Mushy Peas
Wholemeal Roll (HEXB)
2xMini Babybel Light Cheeses (HEXA)

Snacks
Pink and White 2.5 Syns
Toffee Muller Light Yoghurt

Total Syns 2.5 Syns

Last edited:
WEEK 4 - DAY 2 - 16/2/11 (EE)

Breakfast
Wholemeal Roll (HEXB)
2xBoiled Eggs
Baked Beans

Snacks
Bananna
2 Mini Babybel Cheeses (HEXA)

Lunch
Homemade Vegetable Soup
Chicken Slice's (cold meat)

Snacks
Apple

Dinner
Gammon Steak with Pineapple
Paprika Potato Wedges
Beetroot
Light Mayonaise - 2.5 Syns

Total Syns Used = 2.5

Last edited:
WEEK 4 - DAY 3 - 17/2/11 (EE)

Breakfast

Wholemeal Roll (HEXB)
Bananna
2xBoiled Eggs
Baked Beans

Snacks
Low Fat Toffee Yoghurt

Lunch
Chicken Pieces
Cherry Tomatoes
Muller Light Yoghurt

Snacks
2 Yellow Plums

Dinner
Piri Piri Chicken
Peppered Potatoe Wedges
Mushy Peas
250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HEXA)

No Syns Used !

WEEK 4 - DAY 4 - 18/2/11 (EE)

Breakfast

2X Boiled Eggs
Baked Beans
2x Wholemeal Bread (i cut off crust to make it more like 57g HEXB)

Snacks
Fat Free Toffee Yoghut

Lunch
Chunky Chicken Pieces, Boiled Potatoes, Boiled Rice, Beetroot and Cherry Tomatoes.
Homemade Toffee Cheescake (2 Slices - 5 SYNS)

Dinner
Baked Potato with Tuna Mayonaisse (not sure how many syns??)
Fruit Salad with Low Fat Yoghurt (2 SYNS maybe??)

Snacks
Golden Wonder Crisps = 9 SYNS
3x Gin and Tonics = 24 SYNS

Total Syns = 40 SYNS??

Hi Debz,,,,,, found you :D

I know you say you don't like many veggies -but which ones do you like? or should I say "which will you eat?" :p... perhaps we can come up with different ways of cooking them.... roasted are usually a good way to go...

Do you like pickled veg? I love all veggies, but have a serious addiction to tickled cabbage, beetroot, gherkins and onions :drool:...
The main other thing I would agree with the other posters on is knowing how many syns things are rather than estimating.... what cheesecake did you make? only 5 syns for 2 pieces seems really low..was it a cereal bar bottom etc?
Berries are a nice way of getting your super speed foods in .... especially with a yoghurt on top mmmmm

You have got off to an amazing start by the way :happy096:

Hi Debz,,,,,, found you :D

I know you say you don't like many veggies -but which ones do you like? or should I say "which will you eat?" :p... perhaps we can come up with different ways of cooking them.... roasted are usually a good way to go...

Do you like pickled veg? I love all veggies, but have a serious addiction to tickled cabbage, beetroot, gherkins and onions :drool:...
The main other thing I would agree with the other posters on is knowing how many syns things are rather than estimating.... what cheesecake did you make? only 5 syns for 2 pieces seems really low..was it a cereal bar bottom etc?
Berries are a nice way of getting your super speed foods in .... especially with a yoghurt on top mmmmm

You have got off to an amazing start by the way :happy096:

Hi huni

Glad you found me :)
I tend to have Pickled Onions and Beetroot with dinner as part of my 1/3 on plate. I like Peas. I have a tin of Peas and Carrots in the cupboard that I am going to have tonight. I dont like Brussel Sprouts. Never tried Cabbage (well except in salad with a Kebab lol) I was never brought up to eat veg. I like to make Veg Soup in my slow cooker. That keeps me going. Its very hard as my hubby doesnt eat them either!!! Dont want to buy them when i prob wont like them.
I hv made burgers tonight with spring onions in them - does that count?? I will be having peas and carrots with some pickled onions.
I made toffee and strawberry cheescake that i found on the net. It was made with quark and digestive biscuit with muller light yoghurt. It was delish and says it was 2.5 syns per slice. My problem being that everytime i went to the fridge, i nibbled on in or took a slice!! I aint making it again, too much temptation there for me!!!!:mad:
I have been getting kind of bored eating the same thing most days. Now on day shift at work (been nightshifts for ages) trying to get used to what to have for lunch etc is really hard!!!
I know I hv got off to a great start but I am starting to struggle :mad:
Loving SW though, dont wanna fail :cry:
xXx

ooooh you won't fall off... we won't let you ;)

Boredom is a killer isn't it.... I cook loads -but I don't work so its much easier for me... but I still do quite a few dishes that are pretty much -whack it together and shove it in the oven/slow cooker....
I also make sure I do some "take away" type stuff -even though I rarely ate them pre-sw :p...
Give me a yell if you are stuck for recipes ..Im a serious foody and refuse to give it up and live on diet food ;)
If you don't like veg I can see your problem -especialy if hubby doesn't like them either. Im a serious veg-aholic ... I love cold cabbage , nobbies (brussels) ...in fact apart from fennel I will eat them all....
Peas are a FREE food but if I have it right they are only part of your SUPER FREE on green days....

Have you thought about trying red days instead of EE? that way there is no rule about eating 1/3rd superfree, although you are limited with your carbs you get 2 he A+Bs ;)
Anyway enough waffle from me.... will no doubt pop back again soon..
Keep up the great work..you can do it...

ooooh you won't fall off... we won't let you ;)

Boredom is a killer isn't it.... I cook loads -but I don't work so its much easier for me... but I still do quite a few dishes that are pretty much -whack it together and shove it in the oven/slow cooker....
I also make sure I do some "take away" type stuff -even though I rarely ate them pre-sw :p...
Give me a yell if you are stuck for recipes ..Im a serious foody and refuse to give it up and live on diet food ;)
If you don't like veg I can see your problem -especialy if hubby doesn't like them either. Im a serious veg-aholic ... I love cold cabbage , nobbies (brussels) ...in fact apart from fennel I will eat them all....
Peas are a FREE food but if I have it right they are only part of your SUPER FREE on green days....

Have you thought about trying red days instead of EE? that way there is no rule about eating 1/3rd superfree, although you are limited with your carbs you get 2 he A+Bs ;)
Anyway enough waffle from me.... will no doubt pop back again soon..
Keep up the great work..you can do it...

awww thanks huni :D
I am not going to fall off!!! I am so determined this time :p
I would be grateful if you could send me some of your receipes. I get stuck with things to make. I am a big chicken fan but tend to make it the same way. Would be a great help!
I have a slow cooker but rarely use it. Any tips with this? I did try the Irn Bru Chicken last night and it was disgusting :cry:
I have always stuck to the Extra Easy, what about the red day? What things can I have for that? Never knew you could have 2 hex's !!! That sounds interesting. Think a wee change would be good this week!!
Hoping to get a result tomorrow night!!
Thanks for listening huni :eek: xXx

Hi Debz,

Fantastic progress. Well done. I am soooo pleased for you. Are you feeling the difference on your clothes yet ? I know it's only 3 weeks but if you haven't already, you will do soon.

If you go to Capricorns thread, she has listed her recipes and where they are, on the first post. She edits and adds to it if she posts new recipes. It's a brilliant idea ! Have a look at the recipe threads, there are loads of ideas there. Do you get the magazine ? If so, maybe try and do at least one recipe from each magazine to try new stuff.

I think trying the other plans is a good idea. Ultimately, I would stick to what works best and what you manage easiest (because you will stick to plan that way, which will be the best for your losses) but have a go.

Good luck and WELL DONE again !

Gail x

Back