decisions decisions

natasha1974

Silver Member
soup of the day
char-grilled chicken warm veg sald with dressing
cheese and biscuts

aint saying thats what i would have but think it looks like the best as far as sw goes :)

Well i think your definatley going to have to have a red day. Personally I would go for the roast of the day and just not eat the potatoes (that way it should be mostly free)
You're not going to be able to find out how they cook everything so you'll just have to guess

I think i'd avoid starter and pud though as they all look pretty bad. You could always order a side salad as a starter and hopefully you'll be full after that and your main.
Hope that helps!

thankyou both
i think im gonna try and get the side salad for starter then if not soup
then chargrilled chicken breast with the warm lentil salad

do any of you know if lemon sorbet is high in syns i cant order cheese as once i start on it i cant stop havnt had any for the last 5 weeks lol

i know im probably gonna consume alot of alcohol so am just trying to limit the damage lol and hopefully if im good for the rest of the week i will sts fingers crossed

Well, that looks like a really nice menu. My sister lives not far from Stratford, so we might try that place some time. Do let us know if you liked it!

Actually, I think you have more choice there than you might think at first glance.

For a starter I think I might choose the King Prawns and salad and not have the mayonnaise.

Or possibly the roasted squash salad - again, ask them to leave off any dressing.

I would definitely give the deli boards a miss, unless you could share one with somebody.

For the main course I would have the sea bass - I know it says pan-fried, but it is a reasonably firm fish and won't absorb too much fat. Or the steak, leaving out the chips and only having a little bit of sauce.

Some of the things in the starter menu can also be served as main courses, so you could have the squash salad at that point if you liked, instead.

Your best bet as a pudding would be a lemon or mango sorbet - it will have sugar in it, but no fat. (Definitely not the cheese and biscuits - there is always far too much and it usually looks to me like tomorrow's lunch rather than a dessert!)

(Mind you, if it were me, I don't think I would be able to resist the flapjack and poached pear!!!!)

I think it is such a great idea that restaurants publish their menus on their websites, so we can have a proper think about it in advance.

The most important thing of course is that you have a good time!

thankyou you have given me some ideas i was almost tempted by the veggie deli board lol its all of my fave foods but i want to have lost 1 and a half by xmas so i cant have it as i know her husband is buying the champagne so gonna have lots to drink:)

Back