Diary closed! Link to new diary on last page.

Thanks everyone! Group was fab - there are a lot more older people there than at my old group, but everyone was really lovely. And funny actually!

Another girl that used to go to my old group has also rejoined tonight, and there was a mother and daughter joining tonight that I also know. And I recognised a few faces that have probably popped into the old Tuesday group.

The permanent consultant is actually away on holiday this week and next (what are the chances!?) but the cover consultant was lovely! I explained to her that I was rejoining to try and boost myself and rediscover motivation and she said she thought it was a great idea :)

Anyway, new start weight of 12st 5.5lb - scary but it's the last time I will EVER see those numbers!! I would love if I could lose 1st 9lb (what I have gained since my lightest) in the next 7 weeks before our hollibobs, but I realise that equates to more than 3lb a week. Not going to put too much pressure on myself though - just going to go with the flow and take any loss that comes.

Not long been home. Just got my tea in the oven - I must have been very indecisive today as plans had changed again! :giggle: I'm now going to be having cheesy chips with sausages and beans, SW style of course! Can't wait to tuck in.

And then I'm going to have a nice bath and relax with the new magazine. Perfect! X

Yayyyy stevie,
Your new found motivation will soon shift that, well done sweetie,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Take a Chance and Never Look Back...♥

Good morning diary. Happy Tuesday!

Feeling very positive this morning, and finally feeling excited and motivated towards Slimming World again. I have to say, too, after just one day back on plan yesterday my tummy feels so much better! I feel slightly less bloated and my tummy seems to have stopped doing the strange bubbling thing it was doing. Also feeling more full of energy and just generally in a better place mentally.

So today is my first *official* day. It was good to sit through the new members talk again last night, and I've decided that I'm actually going to try and stick to EE as much as possible, a bit like Lily (Skulldilocks) has also decided to do. I think I became a bit too reliant on Red / Green and became greedy with the double HEx's, so I'm totally going back to basics. For the first four weeks, at least! There may be the odd Red / Green day in there, but the majority will be EE.

I forgot to mention that, as well as a new start weight, I've taken my body measurements too. Chest, waist and hips. It's something I really wished I'd done from the very beginning, but it's never too late is it!? Going to keep a track of those - I'm thinking monthly? - and see if / how they change over time.

I've also decided that I'm going to start up my Body Magic again! Which should fit in with keeping track of my measurements too! I can't really afford to go back to the gym, especially with our holiday coming up, but that's no excuse! I'm going to make the most of this gorgeous weather and start going out for nice walks after work / on a weekend. I've downloaded the "MapMyWalk" app which will hopefully keep me motivated! I'm going on my first walk tonight with my mam and I'm looking forward to it. Although I'm not yet sure how far I'll manage, as my knee has been a bit funny the last couple of days. It feels as though I've twisted it, but I'm not sure how? Anyway, I've also downloaded the apps for both the "30 Day Squat Challenge" and "30 Day Ab Challenge" and will start those either today or tomorrow too.

Feeling so excited about things, and already looking forward to group again next Monday!

Anyway, this is how day one is going to go...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Apple (S), Orange (S), Strawberries (SS), Pineapple (S) and Grapes
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Greek Yogurt

Lunch:
- Tesco Ready to Eat Tikka Chunky Chicken Pieces (S) with Salad (Lettuce (S), Red Pepper (S), White Cabbage (S), Sweetcorn and Carrot (S))
- Strawberry Danio (1 Syn)

Snack:
- 20g Kellogg's Coco Pops Snack Bar (4 Syns)
- M&S Guilt Free Snacking Pesto Chickpea Shells (4 Syns)

Dinner:
- Chicken and Red Pepper 'Risotto' (Chicken Breast (S), Onion (S), Peppers (S), Long Grain Rice, Stock and Tesco Healthy Living Cottage with Sweet Chilli). Served with Roasted Vegetables (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S))
- Aldi Brooklea Fat Free Strawberry Greek Yogurt

Supper:
- Salted Caramel HiFi (HExB)
- Milky Coffee (HExA)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 9 / 15
Weekly Syns: 9 / 105

Last edited:
Lovely to hear your positivity hun. You'll do grand xx

Thanks Laura. Can't remember the last time I felt this way about SW! xx

Food is looking lovely, I had a risotto last night and it doesn't half fill you up!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's really filling, isn't it!? I love risotto - had never made it before until a few months ago, and I'm not entirely sure I cook it following the "right" technique, but it tastes amazing so that's all I'm bothered about lol! I was going to have this for tea last night, but switched to a Green day. So I'm really looking forward to it by now!

Hey lovely, here to subscribe to your new diary!
I really do know how you've been feeling the last couple of months as I've been doing a similar thing...getting down to 10st, then being silly for a few weeks and eating ridiculous amounts of rubbish for no real reason, putting on 10lbs then having to lose it all over again. Not good for my body, or my mental state!
Sounds like you're in a great place at the mo and I have no doubt you'll be flying back down towards target in no time!
xxx

Hey lovely, here to subscribe to your new diary!
I really do know how you've been feeling the last couple of months as I've been doing a similar thing...getting down to 10st, then being silly for a few weeks and eating ridiculous amounts of rubbish for no real reason, putting on 10lbs then having to lose it all over again. Not good for my body, or my mental state!
Sounds like you're in a great place at the mo and I have no doubt you'll be flying back down towards target in no time!
xxx

Do you know, a lot of people seem to be in a similar situation at the moment! There must be something in the water, this time of year or something? We may have taken a little step backwards, but we're still here and we're working on putting things right again - that's a huge "proud of" in itself. Winners never quit, and quitters never win :D xxx

Do you know, a lot of people seem to be in a similar situation at the moment! There must be something in the water, this time of year or something? We may have taken a little step backwards, but we're still here and we're working on putting things right again - that's a huge "proud of" in itself. Winners never quit, and quitters never win :D xxx

So true honey! I'm definitely a different girl to the one I was when I started - I'm still almost 2st lighter and I'm proud of that. I won't ever go back to where I was, and neither will you. It's a long journey but we wil get there! xx

Your dinner sounds lush! Do you have a recipe for it?

Measurements and body magic sound like a great idea - it gives you something else to feel proud of when the numbers aren't doing what you want them to :)

That was my thinking exactly re. Body Magic / measurements. I used to have my bronze and silver BM awards, so I'm going to start working towards them again. Like you say, it's just another thing to feel motivated by and proud of.

With regards to the risotto, it's not a "recipe" as such. It's pretty thrown together and I can't tell you exact measurements. This is how I usually make it though, and it makes a nice big plateful for myself:

- In a pan, with Frylight, fry off a chicken breast which has been chopped into pieces and soften one chopped onion.

- Once cooked, add a couple of handfuls of dried risotto rice. Stir in with the chicken / onion and gently fry off until the rice begins to look translucent.

- Add a stock cube and some boiling water (I add it all in at one go, enough to cover all of the ingredients) and again stir well.

- Leave to simmer, and add more water if you feel it is getting a bit thick / dry.

- About half way through the cooking process, add a sliced red pepper and stir well before leaving to simmer again.

- Once the rice and the peppers begin to look cooked, add a couple of tbsp of the Tesco Healthy Living cottage cheese with sweet chilli, and stir well before leaving to simmer. The cottage cheese will break down and become a nice smooth sauce. I usually serve topped with lots of cracked black pepper.

Enjoy! :)

That was my thinking exactly re. Body Magic / measurements. I used to have my bronze and silver BM awards, so I'm going to start working towards them again. Like you say, it's just another thing to feel motivated by and proud of. With regards to the risotto, it's not a "recipe" as such. It's pretty thrown together and I can't tell you exact measurements. This is how I usually make it though, and it makes a nice big plateful for myself: - In a pan, with Frylight, fry off a chicken breast which has been chopped into pieces and soften one chopped onion. - Once cooked, add a couple of handfuls of dried risotto rice. Stir in with the chicken / onion and gently fry off until the rice begins to look translucent. - Add a stock cube and some boiling water (I add it all in at one go, enough to cover all of the ingredients) and again stir well. - Leave to simmer, and add more water if you feel it is getting a bit thick / dry. - About half way through the cooking process, add a sliced red pepper and stir well before leaving to simmer again. - Once the rice and the peppers begin to look cooked, add a couple of tbsp of the Tesco Healthy Living cottage cheese with sweet chilli, and stir well before leaving to simmer. The cottage cheese will break down and become a nice smooth sauce. I usually serve topped with lots of cracked black pepper. Enjoy! :)

That sounds divine! Thanks mate :)

Can I just ask a quick question about the cottage cheese - is it still free even though it's not 0% fat? I'd read somewhere I couldn't have the healthy living ones so will be very excited if I'm wrong :)

That sounds divine! Thanks mate :)

Can I just ask a quick question about the cottage cheese - is it still free even though it's not 0% fat? I'd read somewhere I couldn't have the healthy living ones so will be very excited if I'm wrong :)

Just checked, all the Healthy Living ones listed on SW site are free apart from the pineapple one

or this one:
Healthy Living Natural Cottage Cheese with Cranberries, Apple & Pumpkin Seeds , 170g pot = 3 syns

It's so tasty! Here's a photo from the last time I made it, served with mixed leaves and balsamic vinegar:

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1405419268.710996.jpg

I also think I used orange peppers as I'd run out of red lol!

Also, the sweet chilli cottage cheese is definitely free. I couldn't quite believe it myself so I've checked it on the website numerous times lol. It's perfect for this risotto - it makes it totally Syn free, but nice and creamy too. Yum!

Back