Diary of a binge eater.

I could 'reply' to sooo many of all your posts on here, relate to it all it seems! I've been doing SW since May and it seemed to have completely gotten rid of my previous urges to binge. However, for the last month I have been worse than ever. I'll just feel the need to binge and then make mental lists of all the foods I want to eat and buy. Even if I have nothing in the house I'll go to the cupcake shop, then co-op and then tesco just to fulfill all my urges. I was just getting to a comfortable weight before all this started as well, feel so disgusting after but just can't seem to stop.

Sorry, never told anyone all of this before but really appreicate everyone's honesty in the this thread so thought I'd share too. Desperately need to overcome this and just don't know how! (I'll have about four days in control doing SW strictly, and then two days off again where I can easily put on half a stone in that short amount of time) Constant battle, aahhh!

Hi Hun a lot of us are the same I got to my target weight then started having a couple of off days it's like I went into self destruct mode which resulted in me gaining 34 lbs in 3 months am hoping by eating more I won't fail this time .................. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Aw yeah I can definitely relate to self destruct mode and gaining weight back fast, I hope it goes well for you this time! :) x

I could 'reply' to sooo many of all your posts on here, relate to it all it seems! I've been doing SW since May and it seemed to have completely gotten rid of my previous urges to binge. However, for the last month I have been worse than ever. I'll just feel the need to binge and then make mental lists of all the foods I want to eat and buy. Even if I have nothing in the house I'll go to the cupcake shop, then co-op and then tesco just to fulfill all my urges. I was just getting to a comfortable weight before all this started as well, feel so disgusting after but just can't seem to stop.

Sorry, never told anyone all of this before but really appreicate everyone's honesty in the this thread so thought I'd share too. Desperately need to overcome this and just don't know how! (I'll have about four days in control doing SW strictly, and then two days off again where I can easily put on half a stone in that short amount of time) Constant battle, aahhh!

Aww Hannah welcome to this thread, all the support here is really helping me. It's good to know there's support from people who understand what it's like. I to was at a comfortable weight, I was feeling on top of the world and then bang it started again. But I feel more positive about reducing these binges this time and that's because if the support here.

Today's food (green)

B- porridge & blueberries
L- sweet & sour mug shot, wm bread
T- spicy potato wedges, veg omelette and baked beans

Hex a- milk
Hex b- wm bread, porridge oats

Snacks- banana, apple, batchelors beef rice, 3 satsumas.

Syns- French fries- 4.5

Asda fairy cake- 3.5
Total- 8

Exercise- 45 min circuits.
(My god hardest class ever, used to be able to complete this one
With Confidence but now feel like a beginner. So this is a little
fitness
Goal to get through the class without feeling like I'm gonna have
A heart attack lol)

Last edited:
Doing fab Kel!

Well done on the exercise, I still haven't jumped on that bandwagon yet lol.

X

Aw yeah I can definitely relate to self destruct mode and gaining weight back fast, I hope it goes well for you this time! :) x

Thanks xx

And what a difference a day can make..

Today? Had a real crap day from the moment I left the house for work...work was awful too..But the urge to binge had disappeared completely, didn't even think about food and have only had 7 syns - what the hell is that all about? I don't understand it either...

Perhaps it's something that comes and goes ? Perhaps it's something, if one goes on for long enough (12 months plus), that will eventually die off - the urge to binge that is..

Will power must be strong, you've no chance if it isn't...

Yeah we are all here for support. Just dawned on me the amount of money I spend on food because I binge eat...I am going to think about the money and see if that slows me down...and I need more distractions since sitting at home just makes binge/constant grazing easier.

Just been to Co-Op and bought loads of crisps and chocolate cake :-(

Haven't eaten them yet but they're just looking at me.

Really have the 'need' to binge but I've been so good this week I don't want to spoil it and its official WI day tomorrow...

You'd think after all this time it would get easier but it doesn't, it just gets harder...

Just been to Co-Op and bought loads of crisps and chocolate cake :-(

Haven't eaten them yet but they're just looking at me.

Really have the 'need' to binge but I've been so good this week I don't want to spoil it and its official WI day tomorrow...

You'd think after all this time it would get easier but it doesn't, it just gets harder...

Aww Hun, try and hold out. I know it's easier said than done. If you can hold out till after weigh in then have a treat. Sw consultants have always told me that one day won't ruin the journey as long as you can get bk on plan. Xx

Thanks Kel, I've held out so far. Had a Hi Fi Light bar and a packet of Kelloggs Cracker Crisps

Its so hard today but I just know that even if I hold out til WI, as soon as WI is over I'll stuff.
Its a horrible feeling but its like a complusion, like I MUST eat and eat and eat.

Don't you just wish you could take a magic pill and the binges and urges would disappear!

Feeling good. Today's my third day without a binge. I know it's not much of achievement but I was out of control and doing it everyday.

B-porridge
L- tesco sushi, walkers baked crisps and some grapes.
T- asda meat free meatballs, tomato& veg sauce and pasta. Ww garlic bread

Hex a- milk and cheese
Hex b- porridge

Snacks- grapes @ banana

Syns- ww garlic bread - 9
Meat free meatballs- 2
Sushi- 2.5
Walkers baked- 3.5
Total- 17

No exercise

So I have gone over my syns today but I didn't use it as an excuse to binge which I usually would just think I've blown it so ill eat everything in sight.

I think what's helping me curb the binges this week is because I'm eating bigger portions at tea time, even though they are all healthy sw meals I still can't help but worry about calories etc.

Hi Hun well done for not bingeing I kn ow how hard it is to stop urself I can go a few days where I want to binge but will power stops me then all of a sudden the urge to eat takes over & I scoff everything in sight but I know a lot of it was my fault for not eating enough when I eat more & properly I don't want to binge so am hoping this time I can conquer it & lose the weight xx

Last edited:
Yeah well done flabtofit, sounds like you've done amazingly today.. espeically with all that in the house too, I'm sure I would have cracked!

After two complete binge days, today I have been 100% and used 3 syns on lean mince and 2 on salad cream. Love the feeling of being in control, hoping to do the same again tomorrow! :)

Sometimes when I buy 'binge food' and I get home and feel guilty, I find someone to give it to (neighbour). I've given away lots of ice cream.

I hate when my bf buys food which he hardly does but still, its not temptng at first but he just leaves them for like a week or more, i never save yummy things to eat i have to have them either straight away when i buy it or within a few days or i wont stop thinking of it until its gone lol, my motto now is if i don't buy it i cant eat it.

Feeling good. Today's my third day without a binge. I know it's not much of achievement but I was out of control and doing it everyday.

B-porridge
L- tesco sushi, walkers baked crisps and some grapes.
T- asda meat free meatballs, tomato& veg sauce and pasta. Ww garlic bread

Hex a- milk and cheese
Hex b- porridge

Snacks- grapes @ banana

Syns- ww garlic bread - 9
Meat free meatballs- 2
Sushi- 2.5
Walkers baked- 3.5
Total- 17

No exercise

So I have gone over my syns today but I didn't use it as an excuse to binge which I usually would just think I've blown it so ill eat everything in sight.

I think what's helping me curb the binges this week is because I'm eating bigger portions at tea time, even though they are all healthy sw meals I still can't help but worry about calories etc.

hi hun why don't u count ur syns weekly i start at 105 & take them off each day that way if u go a couple of syns over 1 or 2 days it doesn't matter i find it helps me phsycologically ;) xx

Back