Diary of a bouncing back ww'er

Hazykay said:
I had open surgery last Wednesday. I had a hernia op 2 years ago & that was something else, but this time round, it wasn't bad. Down side about planned op is you know when it's going to happen & I was getting myself worked up, but there was no need.
Last week the surgeon cut from the end of my c section up towards my hip bone so it wasn't as painful as last one. Last op they cut me from belly button right down to c section & I've got a huge scar so I was expecting the same this time. It was a lot easier this time & I got myself into a tizz for nothing. Honestly hun, you will be fine. Groggy when you come out of surgery but that's to be expected. The body is a wonderful machine & recovers quickly. What kept me going was knowing I would be pain free after the op & it will be worth it in the long run.
Good luck hun, keep me posted & let me know how you're feeling nearer the time & how the op goes xx

Aww thank you for the quick reply :) my surgeon is trying the keyhole route, I had keyhole last time & was home the same night.

But he's said he's a bit of work too do on my baby making bits & might need to do the laparotomy to get a better view so we will see.

Hopefully it's the easier option, I'm pleased your recovering well, & of course I'll let you know how it all goes.

Thank you xx

Lushlash said:
Aww thank you for the quick reply :) my surgeon is trying the keyhole route, I had keyhole last time & was home the same night.

But he's said he's a bit of work too do on my baby making bits & might need to do the laparotomy to get a better view so we will see.

Hopefully it's the easier option, I'm pleased your recovering well, & of course I'll let you know how it all goes.

Thank you xx

Keyhole is by far the best route, you'll be driving/back to work in a week. Fingers crossed for you hun, I'm sure it will be a success & like me, you'll be wondering what you were worrying about!! xx

Hazykay said:
Keyhole is by far the best route, you'll be driving/back to work in a week. Fingers crossed for you hun, I'm sure it will be a success & like me, you'll be wondering what you were worrying about!! xx

Thank you so much for your reasurrance xx

Just catching up hun,sorry to hear you have ended up back in the hospital,glad you are home again and got to enjoy your meal out and drink :0)
Sorry to hear another op might be on the cards,hope all goes well with Thursday's appointment :0)

bulldogdaisy said:
Just catching up hun,sorry to hear you have ended up back in the hospital,glad you are home again and got to enjoy your meal out and drink :0)
Sorry to hear another op might be on the cards,hope all goes well with Thursday's appointment :0)

Thank you so much, I was feeling a bit down & sorry for myself to be honest. Amazing what a few days can do, I'm feeling more positive than I was on Friday. Here's to a new week, and hopefully more weight loss for everyone x

Hazykay said:
Thank you so much, I was feeling a bit down & sorry for myself to be honest. Amazing what a few days can do, I'm feeling more positive than I was on Friday. Here's to a new week, and hopefully more weight loss for everyone x

Good to hear you are feeling more positive,sometimes we need a little wallow to make ourselves feel better again :0)

Jaly said:
I'm sorry to hear what you've been through, sounds extremely stressful and unpleasant. Sending big hugs and flowers your way, I'm glad that you're feeling more optimistic! and, here's to hopefully no weight loss for me this week - haha!

Hugs & virtual flowers received, they're beautiful lol. You're lucky not having to lose, hopefully it will be me by the end of the year :) xx

bulldogdaisy said:
Good to hear you are feeling more positive,sometimes we need a little wallow to make ourselves feel better again :0)

Wallowing out of the way lol, now to get on with life!! Good luck for the week ahead :)

Had a laaaaazy day & enjoyed every minute of it!

Breakfast 7pp
Special K 5pp
Milk 2pp

Lunch 3pp
1/2 smoked chicken breast & salad 2pp
Onion marmalade 1pp

Mud afternoon treat 7pp
Dairy milk

Dinner 10pp

image-4273065286.jpg

Large portion pasta 7pp
1/2 box mussels in Thai broth 2pp
Prawns 1pp

Snacks 7pp
Jacobs honeycomb biscuit 3pp
M&S popcorn mini bag 4pp

Total 34pp. 29 dailies & remaining 5 weeklies

Ventured out today to class. Missed weigh in last week & this week, my official weigh in is 1 & 1/2 pounds off. A little disappointed, but I have to remember that I've not been very active & have a huge growth that probably weighs at least 1/2 a pound!! Still, a loss is still a loss & on a positive note, I collected another silver 7. Yipeeeee!!

Breakfast 6pp
2 weetabix 3pp
Milk 3pp

Lunch 4pp
Balsamic chicken breast & courgette

image-2265092645.jpg

A mixture of garlic, soy & balsamic

Mid afternoon 2pp
Cassava snacks crisps

Dinner 11pp
Smoked haddock with a creme fraiche & chive sauce

image-3620435009.jpg

Snacks 6pp
Jelly babies

Total 29pp, weeklies balance 49pp

Last edited:
Had some visitors again today, it sure brightened me up!! Glad to say I got flowers & not a chocolate in sight :)

Breakfast 6p
Porridge 4pp
Milk 2pp
Banana

Lunch 6pp
Pasta 3pp
Tuna 2pp
Creme fraiche 1pp
Salad

image-997676805.jpg

Mid afternoon snack 2pp
Cassava crisps

Dinner 11pp
Pork chop 5pp
Chips made in actifry with oil 6pp
Balsamic veg

Snack 4pp
Biscotti 2pp
9 x daim mikado 2pp

Total 29 dailies. Weeklies balance 49pp

I would compliment your lunch but my pure hatred of both salad and tuna prevents me from saying it looks delicious ;p An extremely healthy looking and well-balanced day regardless though :) Glad your visitors cheered you up! Yay for flowers! :p

I couldn't decide what to have for breakfast as we only have really sugary cereals in at the moment, no eggs, and I've ran out of Quark but you've inspired me, porridge it is! (unless I don't have time in which case I'll just resort to toast!)

How is the recovery going? xx Has the swelling gone down at all yet?

Back