ProPoints Diary of a constant dieter who now has a daughter and must loose weight for her!!!!!

Aw shucks thanks girlies.

I love it. Like daisy said we Are like a little family.

Mikeys in bed now asleep he goes hyper when tired so that was prob why. So I am having some me and Erin time whilst my lunch is cooking.

Also just to let u know the chilled pizza express pizzas are £2 in sainsburys and aren't tooooooo bad in pp. the pollo Astra one is 16pp.
Also 4 dunkers for £2 in sainsburys.

And I picked up some velvet crunch finally so will try some soon.

Re the lasagne. Will give the halving the sauce a go.
Thanks ladies. Xxxx

Fatty_no_more said:
Aw shucks thanks girlies.

I love it. Like daisy said we Are like a little family.

Mikeys in bed now asleep he goes hyper when tired so that was prob why. So I am having some me and Erin time whilst my lunch is cooking.

Also just to let u know the chilled pizza express pizzas are £2 in sainsburys and aren't tooooooo bad in pp. the pollo Astra one is 16pp.
Also 4 dunkers for £2 in sainsburys.

And I picked up some velvet crunch finally so will try some soon.

Re the lasagne. Will give the halving the sauce a go.
Thanks ladies. Xxxx

That's good Mikey is sleeping so you enjoy your girlie time :0) that's good pp for pizza!hope you like the velvet crunch.I bulk my lasagne out with plenty of veg aswell :0)

Fatty_no_more said:
Can't use veg hubby wouldn't eat it.
He's a icleands and fast food junkie. Doesn't eat fruit or veg! X

Did wonder as you didn't mention veg before.How bout batch cooking and doing a more healthy one for you/one for hubby then freeze the portions?

Fatty_no_more said:
Can't use veg hubby wouldn't eat it.
He's a icleands and fast food junkie. Doesn't eat fruit or veg! X

Lol sounds like my hubby, but mine is allergic to onions so makes it impossible to cook for him!!

Well done!! 1lb is 1lb! If you were to lose 1lb every week for a year you would lose 52lb!!! It all adds up :) x

bulldogdaisy said:
Did wonder as you didn't mention veg before.How bout batch cooking and doing a more healthy one for you/one for hubby then freeze the portions?

He won't eat cooked food if it's frozen and reheated.....go figure....
But I may do that, that's a good idea. Any tips on a nice low fat one? Xx

nessa123 said:
Lol sounds like my hubby, but mine is allergic to onions so makes it impossible to cook for him!!

At least ur hubby has an excuse. Mine was just pandered to as a child. X

Fatty_no_more said:
He won't eat cooked food if it's frozen and reheated.....go figure....
But I may do that, that's a good idea. Any tips on a nice low fat one? Xx

Do it in secret..shhh lol well I'd say the low fat cheese,half of the sauces still or make your own(one day I might make a cheese sauce)lol Quorn or turkey mince,lots of veg,onion,garlic,peppers,mushrooms etc

I'll have to do that another time as I do my weekly shop tomorrow when he starts late, but good idea. I could always blend the sauce down.? Xx

Fatty_no_more said:
Is turkey mince that much lower? X

I double checked as know it's low but have none to check against lol,it's 5pp for 140g,I don't know if that's much different to beef as don't use beef but I know it's less fatty.

For a bolognese sauce from scratch I used to fry my mince and mushrooms then once cooked put in a seive and drain with boiled water (takes loads of left over fat out) put back in frying pan add crushed garlic mix up add couple tins chopped tomato and about 3 beef oxo cubes just crumbled in (don't dilute them) this helps to thicken it up then add granulated sweetner to taste. I think the only thing you need to point is the mince. Yummy in a jacket potato with low fat cheese!! Xx

Could you not use creme fresh with low fat cheese or whatever it is or something lower pointed for the cheese sauce

nessa123 said:
For a bolognese sauce from scratch I used to fry my mince and mushrooms then once cooked put in a seive and drain with boiled water (takes loads of left over fat out) put back in frying pan add crushed garlic mix up add couple tins chopped tomato and about 3 beef oxo cubes just crumbled in (don't dilute them) this helps to thicken it up then add granulated sweetner to taste. I think the only thing you need to point is the mince. Yummy in a jacket potato with low fat cheese!! Xx

Ohh I forgot to say bout stock to bulk it out! I do that if don't use Dolmio lasagne sauce and use tin toms.

bulldogdaisy said:

Mine eats what I cook or goes without! I wear the trousers & i'm a hard task master... Just the way I like it lol ; )

bulldogdaisy said:
Lol you tell him hun ;0)

I bloomin do! He was a mummys boy & ive whipped his a55 back into shape. He's a lazy git sometimes & expects me to do everything!! Making butternut squash chips for tonight. Going to do him some normal ones too.. Also going to mash the squash up for my boy.. We are all winners lol! We don't really eat much frozen in my house, it's all fresh. His mum cooked everything from the freezer. Saying that we have fish pie sometimes & tonight we have chicken kebabs on sticks from aldi, £1.99 for 4 & only 6pp... Yum x

Hahaha I'd love for him to eat what I cook, but literally he could be loving it and enjoyng it and then see a tiny piece of onion and the whole lot goes in the bin.
Trust me it's take me 7 years for him to even eat home cooked lasagne and to start changing it would be astronomical. That's healthy for him. By i like the idea of doing my own one. Just can't now as a)budgeted and b) cannot be arsed dragging both kids round the shops again. X

Back