Hey, just had a little nosey through your diary as it came up under mine :)

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your loss. That's still 1lb, it's a move in the right direction! Are you drinking enough water? Could you squeeze in more veg to your meals/snacks? The more speed food you choose, the more weight you lose!

I know you don't have B choice either but there are some great non-bread/cereal free ones now too and adding that in might help. There's a great list here:
http://slimmingworldrecipeshare.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/healthy-extra-and-b-list.html

I get these quite a lot... kids love them too and I think it's 3 or 4 for a healthy extra b - great for a sweet tooth! x

https://groceries.asda.com/product/kids-fruit-snacking/bear-yoyo-family-pack-strawberry/910002026474

Hey OpalLily - thank you for the message! I've been toying with the idea of introducing the B choice again to see if that helps. Thinking soups and cooked/tinned fruits to avoid any breads/cereals. I do think a lot of my problem is not eating enough. My consultant said the same last time I went. I just don't get hungry lol!

How did you find SW alongside 5:2? Would you say your losses improved? Do you 6:1 to maintain nowadays? x

I'd love to be like that Jodie! I bloody love my food! My entire life revolves around the next meal and I'm constantly thinking about what I can cook!!

I love SW alongside 5:2, it def helped me shift that last half a stone. I have still been doing 5:2 but not been following SW as much... been very naughty at weekends. Too many meals out and too many glasses of vino so it's helped me maintain more than lose! I don't always do both fast days though, I've not been as strict recently which is why I'm back posting again.

Need to knuckle down and lose 1/2 st - 1 st before my wedding in Dec! xx

Sorry I lied in my last post... I'm never hungry until around 7pm and then I want to eat everything within sight. As long as it's unhealthy of course!

My main problem is breakfast. I just can't stomach it!

When combining SW/5:2, did you track cals on NFD to hit your TDEE or just eat til you were full with free/synned foods?

Just seen you are getting wed on NYE - how exciting!!

You need to play the long game Jodie. It's hard but it works. You had an amazing loss the first week and sometimes it just settles down into small losses after that. But they all add up. 52 weeks of 52 x 1lb losses = nearly 4 stone in a year!!

I'd stick with SW for another month or so, not mixing it with anything else and then see how you get on. I only did 5:2 as I was sooo nearly at target and couldn't shift the last 0.5 stone. But I shifted the 3 before it with just SW alone... but it took me over a year! xx

Today is the day my cooker will hopefully be fixed! Curry's will be here any time between 2 and 6. However, if he doesn't get it fixed, apparently I'll get a voucher for the price I paid for the oven and get to buy a new one in store. I am sort of hoping for that because I'm really starting to hate my oven and have looked at buying a new one recently.

I am missing using it though. I can't boil anything!

Todays food plan..

Breakfast
Cup of tea, fruit + yogurt - 2.5 syns + part hXa
Lunch
Sausages, new potatoes, carrots - 0.5 syns
Dinner
Steak, jacket potato, green beans - 3 sysn + part hXa
Snacks
Sweet pancakes
Banana
Mullerlight
Chocolate covered pretzels - unsure of syns but been low today anyway

Last edited:
Jodie, how do you make your toad in the hole? I've been craving it lately!!

I use the Smart Price batter mix :) 32g of powder, 50ml of milk and one egg - although if you are patient enough I think half an egg would be better but I just can't be bothered with it! 6.5 syns for that and then I used Asdas reduced fat frozen sausages which are 2 for half a syn. They've become a firm favourite here!

Fingers crossed for your new cooker then! X

No new cooker :( The guy didn't even manage to get the existing one working either! Didn't get have the right part in his van that he needed so he's had to order it in. Hasn't given me another appointment yet either so still in limbo. Thankfully he DID get my hob working again, so I'm chuffed at that! Carbonara for dinner tomorrow now I can boil pasta! :D x

Morning lovelies.

Todays food plan..

Breakfast

Cup of tea, banana, Mullerlight - 2 syns + part hXa
Lunch
Grilled chicken, new potatoes, side salad
Dinner
Carbonara - 6.5 syns + part hXa
Snacks
Mullerlight
Grapes

Worked out that I've been synning the carbonara wrong. It is 7 syns for the packet, 3.5 syns when divided into two portions - well it's 2 and a bit portions here because Jacob has some too but I won't amend syns for the small amount he has. Then, 450ml milk - 225ml per portion, call it 4.5 syns for 1% fat milk.
Healthy extra amount for cheese, reduced fat cheddar (40g) is 6.5 syns.
Syns add up!!
Think I'm going to use the milk as hXa then 20g of RF cheese for 3 syns.

Last edited:
I've no idea. I get the Tesco healthy living one which is the same syn wise but only £1 a bottle - amazing!

Do you know you can make a syn free carbonara? I have it all the time...

It's basically a variation of this recipe... http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1572659/the-ultimate-makeover-spaghetti-carbonara

I cook the bacon in fry light and often throw in some mushrooms too. I use 20g parmesan per person which is 1/3 of my hexa, leaving approx. 80ml for milk in tea/coffee, or you could use less or syn it xx

Back