Diary of a Fat Bottomed Girl

Woohoo....weigh in day and we have a loser, grand total of 4lb down, so thats just over a stone in 3 weeks and I'm delighted.:happy036:

Have had a grand day so far, a bit of a potter this morning then out for a cycle for an hour, have made the 'can't cooks' their dinner so off to Zumba :banana dancer:at 6.30pm whilst my lovely OH will be doing the ironing (guess I shouldn't complain about his inability to cook!)

WTG on the loss! x

Yay, I love crochet and baby blankets and just great fun aren't they.:D I've just finished a shawl called Tropical Breeze which was gorgeous and not too difficult. Do you use Ravelry?

ps I've done the watch removal too:D

Oooh, I'd not come across ravelry, I've just requested a sign up link :) I've mostly made up my own blanket / shawl patterns, mostly for friends babies. I started making a few cardies for my daughter too, which has been fun.

Congrats on the weight loss, that's brilliant :)
and I hope you had fun at zumba!

Cybill, it's a slippery slope once you join Ravelry:D. You'll end up like me with all these patterns in your queue and yarn stashed all over the house. Hope you enjoy, my name on it is Jannie if you fancy a nosey at my page.

Fiestywoman has a Eureka moment..

Was feeling really glum and fed up yesterday (I'm definately grumpier on this diet) and was on my way home deciding that I would have a meal instead of my soup. However, having mooted round my Beck Diet Solution book I kind of stepped back and realised that I was not hungry. This was a purely emotional decision that I wanted to eat, I was fed up and wanted food and I resisted:eek:!!! This was not an easy decision to make and it did kind of prey on my mind last night that I wanted something but I stuck it out even though it was hard, and today has been a breeze! I'm in a much better mood and a much better frame of mind, I realise that I need to control the urge to eat when I'm not hungry or to 'treat' myself as this is where I've failed on every single diet before.

Now, if I can just keep this up:D

I am having a planned meal on Saturday night as hubbie and I are having a romantic night in:candledinner: though he probably thinks this means watching the tennis together:rolleyes:

That's fantastic. You did really well to spot the trigger before eating any food, and then to resist it. Nice work :) Glad it put you in a good mood too, it is great getting on top of these temptations and knowing that we're moving towards our goals.

Hope tomorrow is another good day :)

(I already have a house full of yarn, but it's great to find some different patterns to play with :) )

Can't believe that it's now nearly a month since I started this diet. I'm finding it pretty easy just now but I'm already a bit concerned about AAMW, which should be next week but I have other plans:sign0151:

We go on hols in 2 weeks and what I plan to do is, have a WS day this Saturday then TS for the next fortnight, whilst we are on holiday I plan to take my shakes and bars with me and have 2 weeks of WS, not hoping for a weight loss but for a STS, hoping that my willpower and my Beck Diet Solution book will see me through as I won't have any internet access (oddly enough I don't have broadband in my tent:D:D). Fingers crossed it all goes to plan.

Oh and another plan is to join the gym again, thats on the list for tomorrow night:)

Today was my planned WS day, had a bar at lunchtime and then had planned for dinner mushroom omelette with stir fried quorn and veggies, I was sooooo looking forward to it. Made it, ate about half and was stuffed and I wasn't really fussed about eating it, it wasn't really the rip roaring event I had expected. :( I don't know if I felt guilty about eating or just wasn't that hungry, it was quite a strange feeling.

Looking forward to tomorrow, it's WI day, I'm off for a cycle in the morning then going trainers shopping in the afternoon:D

Oooh, hope wi tomorrow is good :)

It is weird how some of the food we're looking forward to just isn't all we'd got it cracked up to be. Your plan to do TS until holiday and then WS holiday sounds like a great one :) You might surprise yourself and find that you lose weight while you're away too!

Beck is really good, some of it is such common sense stuff, but it's really helped me stop and notice some of the times I'm reaching for food when it's nothing to do with hunger!

Happy trainers shopping :D

Thanks Cybill, great advice and it's good know that it's not just me who has been disappointed with food:).

Well apart from the sink episode this morning at weigh in which left me looking like a Klingon for most of the day, today has been a great day:D. I'm 3lb down this week.

Up early...ish, had a walk round Strathclyde Park which is around 4 miles then off trainer shopping, now have a nice pair of dainty size 8! adidas black and pink trainers and a new pink top for the gym:). Got my mum over for the afternoon, sitting outside in the scorching sunshine, unfortunately, I now have panda eyes....along with the big welt on my forehead, I'm not really a pretty picture today. Intended going to the gym tonight but by the time my mum left it had closed, never mind there is always tomorrow.

I had a really good think last night and I can't believe how much my life has changed in a month. I had got into a rut of eating too much and also drinking waaay too much, quite a few bottles of wine a week. Evenings and weekends consisted of drinking, going out with friends, suffering the next day. I overcommitted all the time and was completely exhausted:(. On Exante it has given me the jolt to break these habits, I am having a much better time in my life these days, actually doing things other than going for meals and going to the pub. So far we've been bowling, joined the gym again, been walking, been to the cinema, it's like a whole new world again and I feel so much better for it:D. Of course, there have had to be compromises but it is so worth it, I'm a happier bunny these days.

It's great hearing you so positive, it's amazing how many areas of your life seem to get affected for the better when you get stuck into this diet! The new trainers sound great too :)

Hope tomorrow is another good day, and congratulations on the 3lb loss this week, nice work :D

Gosh, you're doing really well........ you've got your Exante head on obviously... unfortunately mine fell off which was a bit of a disaster but never mind:D

Know what you mean about the bad habits we all get stuck in.... I definitely eat plenty of times out of habit and as for the drinking hmmmm..... I do so enjoy it but I'm sure there are plenty of other things I can enjoy too..... Hope you enjoy the gym! (don't think I'll be going there any time soon) :)

Oh boy I was hungry today, real grumbly tummy the lot. I have no idea why, I've not done anything different today but I really wanted something to eat:sigh:

Anyway, got through it, had my soup and legged it to the gym and had a bit of a workout. The downside of this......being a bit of a chunky monkey I now have chaffed bits that really shouldn't be chaffed:eek:

Having a WS day tomorrow as going out with the outlaws for a meal and don't really want to attract too much attention to myself (no showing of chaffed bits then!)

Following on from Cybills Advantage List thread, I decided it was time to refresh my memory with the Beck book and actually put my own down. So here is what is important to me at the moment.

1. I will look and feel healthier
  2. I want my husband to feel really proud that I'm his wife
  3. I will be fitter
  4. I will go hillclimbing again without feeling that my heart and lungs are trying to make an escape through my mouth
  5. I'll be able to wear the clothes that I want to wear rather than what fits
  6. I will no longer be ashamed when I meet people I've not seen for a while
  7. No longer will I make jokes about my weight and size
  8. I will be in control of my eating rather than the other way round
  9. I will grab life with both hands ~ my weight will no longer restrict me to what I can and can't do
  10. I will realise that I cannot eat and drink what I want all the time without there being consequences.
  11. I will no longer wear M&S multipack deep pants but indulge in lovely frothy undies or sporty undies.:D
No doubt this will be edited through the course of my weight loss journey but it's plenty to be going on with for the time being.

Hoping that I have a good loss this week. Hubbie and I joined the gym again this week and so far have been twice and I was at Zumba:banana dancer: tonight which was fantastic.

I am so enjoying the exercise, it's almost like having some form of control over whats going on:).

On the countdown to my hols now:D. Had a great day in town, got my eyebrows threaded for the first time, the verdict.....brilliant! Had a mini facial at the same time (thank goodness for Groupon). Then went and got my haircut, woohoo and had coffee with my mum and friend so a lovely girly day.

Had a WS day as I struggled so much yesterday, had a bar for lunch then had blackened tofu with stir fry for dinner, have had a shake tonight and couldn't have another thing tonight, full tummy:).

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow morning then off to the gym again. Fingers crossed for a good loss;)

Sounds like you're having a great week, and I love your list of advantages. I find it so helpful to keep looking at mine and remind me why I'm really doing this. Groupon's great, glad you've treated yourself, you're doing really well :)

I hope the weigh in is good in the morning, good luck :)

Well I started the day with a petulant flounce:cry: as I had only lost 2lb this week. Thankfully some of you lovely peeps gave some good advice and no one told me to put my petted lip back in and grow up:).

So, grabbing the bull by the horns, I set off to the gym this morning which was great as I was raging so had a really good workout. Was out getting some last minute holiday things this afternoon when the long suffering Mr Mac announced that when I get to the weight I want to be (he knows that I will NEVER tell him what I weigh) he will give me money to go and buy new clothes. What a guy:happy036:and what a fantastic incentive! I am a lucky lucky girl!:D

Managed to stick 100% TS today and will do the same tomorrow, going to Zumba tomorrow too:banana dancer:.

Wow, what a nice chap, and what a great incentive to keep you focused for the next couple of stone :) Ooooh, now you can start thinking about what new clothes might look good on your new figure!

Hope Zumba is fun tomorrow :)

Back