Diary of a HUNGRY Bear on a mission :)

Clairebear1000

A determined Bear
Hello all, have been using the forum for a while, have got to hear some great stories and have had a bucket load of inspiration from you :)

Last couple of weeks I've become rather lax, and not been counting everything :eek:
So, I've decided that as well as my SW Online diary, I will post up everything consumed on here...for my fellow SW'ers to (excuse the pun) get their teeth into. You have my full permission to kick my butt if I do slip up.

I do all Green days, so let me know if you see anything I can change, do differently.

Thanks all

Clairebear

Wednesday 17th August:

Breakfast- baked beans on wholemeal toast (HeB), quarter of a melon (my current favourite fruit!)

Lunch- Jacket potato- with a HeA of cheddar, and some light mayo mashed into it (2 syns). A nectarine.

Snack- 1 X Scanbran with a little Primula cheese (2 syns) (I'm saving my other 4 scanbran (hexb) and some cheese (hexa) for after work)

Dinner- Pasta with courgette, sweetcorn, green peas. 1tbsp philly garlic and herb (2 syns) and 2 quorn sausages (2 syns)

Last edited:
So post work snack was remains of my hexb scanbran, with grated cheese on top (second a choice) grilled- like crunchy cheese on toast. Nomnomnom :) x

Thursday 18th August

Breakfast: Melon

Snack: Syn-Free 'mayo' and some cucumber.

Lunch: SW chips, salad with the rest of the 'mayo' and...not sure what else :)

Dinner: Me and my boyfriend are cooking a SW friendly three course meal. So far it's Ricotta, Spinach and Mint lasagna for the main course. Not sure what else for pudding or starter. Will update later, maybe even with photos ;)

Yesterday I had the lasagne, and some garlic bread (naughty but nice) for dinner- decided not to do three courses in the end. The went to re cinema and had popcorn- at least I didn't have Ben and Jerry's!

So, today, Friday 19th august

Breakfast: melon and activia fat free blueberry yogurt.

Lunch: ? Not sure yet!

Dinner: Again, not sure but will be something to take to work with me :)

So lunch is risotto, with courgette, tomato, basil and a bit of philadelphia.

Realised I haven't used ANY healthy extras, so have 2 of each to play with for the rest of the day. Might save them until after work.

Although, I WAS considering doing Quorn sausages and mash for tea to heat up at work, so I could put some cheese in my mash...nomnomnom

Very good!! you are doing well! What is the syn free mayo?? Do tell!

Thanking you :) x

Ooh good, glad to hear someone else thinks I'm doing alright :)

Syn Free Mayo:

6 Tbsp of fat free fromage frais
2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
2 tsp of artifical sweetner.
1 tsp of mustard powder, blended with 1 tsp of water.

Basically, mix it all together :)

It's not entirely like mayo, HOWEVER it is lovely on salsd and for dipping vegetables in.

Also, I used fat free yogurt, and it was kind of runny. I'd definitely use either fromage frais, or maybe Total Greek yogurt, as they are a bit thicker :)

the mayo sounds lovely!
Just looked at your diary and looks like your doing very well!
Good luck!
xx

the mayo sounds lovely!
Just looked at your diary and looks like your doing very well!
Good luck!
xx

Thankyou :) The mayo was really tasty, even if mine was a bit on the runny side :)

I have just made (well, it's sort of in the oven still) the pasta quiche. Didn't want to use cottage cheese, so used quark instead.
It has courgette, tomato and broccoli (I see a theme appearing with the veg i've used today!)..
It looks more like a pasta bake so far..we shall see!

Well, I took the 'quiche' out of the oven- it looks tasty, and I tried some (burning my tongue in my eagerness) and it is really nice :)

It is A BIT like pasta bake, however I reckon if I'd made it in a smaller dish (so it was a bit less spread out) it would have been more like a quiche.

Verdict: Room for improvement.

Anyway, this will be either dinner for this evening, or perhaps just saved for snacking. I'm undecided :p
x

So dinner was...not much. A slice of pasta quiche and a banana. Sort of forgot (how ridiculous does that sound) about eating dinner when I was at work...

So when I came home, about half an hour ago, I had all my healthy extras at once- 4 slices of cheese on toast.
I know it's within plan, but I still feel guilty and like I've eating something bad!!

Goodnight all :)

Haven't updated for a while so:

Saturday:
Breakfast and lunch were non-existent. Work has hellishly busy, so I ate I crust of bread (and I mean a crust off one piece, that had been cut off for someone who didn't like crusts!) and a pear.
Got starving, then felt sick, then not hungry.
Had dinner about 7.30, and made up for lack of food by haivng jacket potato, cheese ad beans, and 2 quorn sweet red onion burgers.
Then I had two alpen lights, and half a packet of Asda Cheese and onion puff crisps, for 9 syns.

Sunday:
Breakfast- Quorn bacon sandwich (2.5 syns + HEB) and some melon.
Lunch- jacket with cheese and beans (1 HEXA)
Dinner- past with tomato sauce and mozzarella (Jamie Oliver recipe, yummy, 1 HEXA)

Then went to cinema and had popcorn (oops, not sure exactly how many syns, but I'm quite proud as I didn't even finish it. I was with my friend and we shared a regular one, which I used to eat all to myself, and when the film ended there was about a quarter left!)

SO- Weighed in today and.....
LOST 1LB. Woohoo! After a STS and then a (very) unexpected 0.5lb gain, I'm well chuffed with that :) 1lb to get me my stone award, fingers crossed for next week.

Breakfast: melon, then 2 quorn sausages, quorn bacon and baked beans (4.5 syns).
Lunch:
Dinner:

The latter two are as of yet a mystery. Am at boyfriends house for dinner so from previous experience I'd say something with potatos and baked beans...

Well well, yesterday was...yummy, needless to say high in syns unfortunately. I had pasta and tomato sauce, with mozzarella for lunch, which was fine.

But then, THEN I had veggie burger with curly fries and onion rings at the pub for dinner. I had weighed in and lost a pound, and fancied a treat. I had it, and am well and truly back on plan.
I would before haver gone down the "may as well blow it all week" route before, but this time around, it's just not going to happen. I didn't feel guilty, but I enjoyed myself- because I knew that I would be able to get into gear again afterwards. I even avoided a pudding, and had strawberries instead.

So, today:

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs on toast, spread with a bit of seriously strong spreadable (4 syns), and fried cold potatos from the fridge :)
Lunch:
Dinner:

I'm at work tonight, so am looking for some yummy food to take with me. Digging out my recipe collection :)

Ooh good, glad to hear someone else thinks I'm doing alright :)

Syn Free Mayo:

6 Tbsp of fat free fromage frais
2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
2 tsp of artifical sweetner.
1 tsp of mustard powder, blended with 1 tsp of water.

Basically, mix it all together :)

It's not entirely like mayo, HOWEVER it is lovely on salsd and for dipping vegetables in.

Also, I used fat free yogurt, and it was kind of runny. I'd definitely use either fromage frais, or maybe Total Greek yogurt, as they are a bit thicker :)

Lovely thank you very much!

Oh dear, haven't updated in a while (again).
I shan't bore anyone with yesterdays food, but suffice to say that lunch was disastrous but dinner made up for it!

I went out for lunch to a pub, where I ALWAYS have jacket potato and beans (there is nothing else remotely SW friendly) and guess what- they had RUN OUT of jackets! SO I had macaroni cheese :(
For dinner, though, I made Quorn bolognese bake with mozzarella, egg and yogurt topping- gooey and delicious. Will be making again :)

So today, Saturday 27th August:

Breakfast: nothing, ooops.
Lunch: Beans on toast, a pear
Snack: 1 scanbran (will have rest later) with a scraping of philli and a slice of quorn ham.
Dinner: Potato cheese and onion bake. Nomnomnom. It's in the oven right now and smells gorgeous :)

silly sausage said:
Hi Bear :) That sounds fab. Could it easily turn into a lasagne? Any chance of the recipe please?

Of course, it was from a pretty ancient SW magazine! :p

Fry an onion, 3 cloves of garlic, one red chilli (all finely chopped) and 500g of Quorn Mince in fry light for 5 mins.
Then add 1 can of chopped tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes or so. Season with salt and pepper.

While this is simmering, cook 350g or so of pasta (I used conchiglie).
When this is cooked, mix it together with the bolognese sauce. Pour it all into an oven proof dish.

For the topping mix together 2 eggs, half a pot of FF natural yogurt and some salt an pepper. ( i think quark would work well too). Pour that over the pasta bolognese mix, it will cover the top and also sink down into the pasta too so it's lovely and moist.

Finally, cover it will cheese (I used mozzarella) which you can use as a healthy extra. Cook in oven for 30 minutes or so to get the topping lovely and gooey!

Enjoy :D x

Back