Diary of a Newbie - I need your help!

Hi I'm in EXACTLY same boat as you bf who eats anything allways thought I was fat moved in together and am now size 12-14 hopefully this website will help us both am a newbie on here trying to figure it all out lol!!

cupcake87 said:
Hi I'm in EXACTLY same boat as you bf who eats anything allways thought I was fat moved in together and am now size 12-14 hopefully this website will help us both am a newbie on here trying to figure it all out lol!!

Cupcake! Nice to meet you! :)

It's so strange isn't it when you realise you always thought you were fat and then you realise you weren't at all!

If I can be any help or support to you then please get in touch, it's good to support each other and especially as we have such a similar story!

Good luck!! x x

:cry::cry::cry:And please feel free to get in touch with me too. Think I may need support this next W I, feel fatter than I did last week

Oh it's awful when you feel fat! When is your WI Hollys nan? x

I know you look back and think damit why did i waste so much energy worrying about it, you look back and realise it wasnt fat the look you were after was "toned" which would have been easy lol, its frustrating but hopefully we can get back to that!

Same to you if you need anything get in touch, im googling syn values every chance i get (i havent been to a meeting in a while so cant go on the website atm *sob* lol)
xx

My W I is Monday! Yes just after the weekend, but it makes you extra good on those days, well in theory. No I have been so so good, if I dont see a loss on Monday I will be very disappointed as I have worked so hard at it. We shall see, still very very motivated. Bring it on!

cupcake87 said:
I know you look back and think damit why did i waste so much energy worrying about it, you look back and realise it wasnt fat the look you were after was "toned" which would have been easy lol, its frustrating but hopefully we can get back to that!

Same to you if you need anything get in touch, im googling syn values every chance i get (i havent been to a meeting in a while so cant go on the website atm *sob* lol)
xx

Yes!! Toned!! Exactly!! But yes, you're right - we just need to get back to that.

Im going to meetings atm so if I can check any syn values for you let me know. Am finding website a bit rubbish at times though - made syn free curry on Saturday and wanted to know the value of a sharwood's poppadom and it wasn't on there - that's surely a fairly popular make and food item to be missing? Unless that's just me! x x

hollys nan said:
My W I is Monday! Yes just after the weekend, but it makes you extra good on those days, well in theory. No I have been so so good, if I dont see a loss on Monday I will be very disappointed as I have worked so hard at it. We shall see, still very very motivated. Bring it on!

I hope you have a loss! My WI is tonight as well, I'm dreading it. Have had an awful weekend, well actually I've had a fabulous weekend just a bad diet weekend!

Fri had friends over, did syn free spag Bol and it went down a treat, but then my friend served us up pudding that she had brought, was a Heinz chocolate pudding thing and wad horrid - then I checked it and it was 20 syns!!! What a waste!! Had already had a glass of wine so totalled 30 syns Friday!!!!

Yesterday went out with friends again for a bday and they went to an all you can eat Chinese. Tried to have the healthiest stuff I could and lots of boiled rice but I reckon I had about 20 syns. Again was horrid!! Really tasteless :-(. I wouldn't mind having wasted my syns if I'd enjoyed what i'd eaten but it just feels like a wasted weekend of syns :-(.

Add to that that I've come on in the night (although I wasn't due to) and I still have a
Bladder infection...feel rubbish and very tearful!!

Sorry, moan over! x x x

Aww Claire bless you, Chinese i allways stick to chow mein yummy mainly coz i love it and if you have takeaway awhole takeaway tub is only like 7 syns. . . mmm lol!
Buy the food directory from group, its worth it, tells you loads of branded syns, smart syns and branded free food, for example, Sharwoods poppadum :- Ready to eat plain 8 pack - 8g each 2.0 syns or ready to eat crushed garlic and corriander 12g each 2.5 syns :eek:) fingers crossed your WI goes well! and thanks if i think of anything i need to know ill let you know :eek:) which curry receipie did you make i havent tried it yet, im trying to plan a low syn lasange lol xxx

Hi cupcake

Sorry I havent really been online. Been so ill with horrendous kidney infection, was almost admitted to hospital wed as was passing so much blood. Feel awful! Feel a little better today though although have just weighed myself (I know I should wait til WI) and don't seem to have lost anything. Have tried to stick to diet while I've been ill so I'll be gutted if I haven't lost!

How about you? How's it going?

Claire x x x

Aww bless you that sounds horrible!!! Hope your drinking plenty of cranberry juice and taking your vitamins!!!

I keep doing that as well so far nothing, but im sure you will have lost , and if you havent then its hardly your fault but im sure you will have.

MM im doing ok keep jumping on scales and nothing yet so just keeping my fingers crossed lol !

I hope you feel better soon! x

Thank you! I'm crossing my fingers that iv lost, WI tomorrow but feeling massively bloated. Would love to have just lost 2lbs, 1 for each week I've followed the plan and then at least I know it's coming down!

Have had such a lazy weekend, have hardly left the sofa! Feeling like a little fat frump today!

Hope you had a lovely weekend x x

Aww I'm sure you will have lost but bless you being so I'll that is suckey hope your o/h is looking after you lots hehe. Apparently peppermint tea is meant to help you feel less bloated .... Double check but I'm sure I heard that somewhere so might be worth a try... Im really scared about w/I this weekend has been horrendous and o/h is currently in chippy as were going to his rents for fish n chips doh!!! Fingers crossed I can resist the batter and most of the chips lol xxx

Well I hope you managed to resist - but if you didnt then I hope you enjoyed every mouthful!!

I've just got back from WI, 1.5 lost. I'm absolutely gutted. I know I've been ill but I really thought I'd get 2 off. So disappointed!

Wondering if I'm doing something wrong, might post some food diaries this week and get some advice as I really think my C is shockingly bad. Stayed for image therapy tonight but really don't think it helps me - this forum is much more supportive!

Hope you're having a lovely evening! x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's still really good Hun its only half a pound off and that could be the diff between a glass of water or not so I wouldn't worry about it too much Hun next week you will be fine, I think the more veggies you eat the better prob might help with the infection too!! I'm dreading it still lost nothing goin for a run tomo morn tho eek haven't been since sept!!!! Haha dinner not a success majority of batter eaten all of fish and a good portion of the chips then a cookie and bread and butter and half a cereal bar later ..... Trueley off the wagon lol!! Hope you feel bit more chirpy tomo every loss is progress!! Xx

Feeling much more chirpy today thank you! Like you said, 1/2 lb is so little and I was very close to target.

I've just got back from Dr's - they've now realised I've been on completely the wrong antibiotics for the infection I have for the past 10 days and have now prescribed me a 7 day course of something else - I'm going to start rattling soon!! Have been signed of work for another week too, feels really strange. I've never been signed off before and I feel really odd about it. Am feeling so rough though, no way I could make it in.

Your fish and chips sounds worth eery bite to be honest, I think it's quite healthy to have a blow out every so often, our bodies need to deal with that coz thats real life!! All my super skinny friends have massive blow outs occasionally and none of them are putting any weight on...sadly! Haha!

Hope your run went well? I am very impressed! I hate running more than any other form of exercise. Am tempted to start swimming but want to lose 1/2 stone before I go, am too worried about how I look in my swimming costume at the mo!

Might break out the wii fit and kinect when I'm feeling better, at the moment I'm exhausted just climbing the stairs which is not good! Think exercise would finish me off! x x

ahh Chirpyer is good!! :) OOh i had that once, my doc prescribed me one form of anti bio or another for water infection, didnt clear went back got a locum and he tutted at what she had given me in the first place apparantly they give you a weak one to start with whereas they used to give you the strong one from the off or something and he still believed the stronger one was better and told me next time i got it to fight my corner for the strong ones lol i think i had it every two weeks for a good two months and he reconed i was just dulling it down and hadnt got rid of it, once he gave me the strong ones that was it didnt have it for over a year after that! lol hopefully this lot will sort you out!!

haha run didnt happen, will deffo go tomo got woken up at 5 and half 6 so didnt feel like it by the time 7 rolled around lol! i used to HATE it i refused point blank to do it for so long, but o/h eventually convinced me to try and i did first few times were horrible, but then after about two weeks i went from not being able to run 1 km to running 6 no problem and i actually really enjoyed it, you really see results as well, so im gunna start again tomo dreading it tho!! first few times are gunna be horrible :( but like you i wanna go swimming again but my cossie is too small atm and i cant justify buying a bigger one that wont fit soon so running till ive lost enough to go swiming, ooh is the kinnect any good, ive got the wii but i never use it anymore lol ! i want to get EA Sports Active, if the other half will let me near his precious play station lol !

haha sorry for the essay, im glad your feeling chirpyer lol !x

I like essays, it gave me something to read with my pint of water and pile of tablets! :)

Yeah I have recurrent uti/kidney infections. Have had them for about 4 years and had all the nasty tests (scans, cameras, ewww!!!) but never this bad. Am hoping that this latest batch of antibiotics does something coz I'm very fed up! It gives me some hope that yours got sorted though!

That's really impressive about your running, maybe I could do it if I put my mind to it then! I'm sure it's a brilliant aid to weight loss as it's such a good overall workout - it's just the thought of doing it that I can't get past. The idea of huffing and puffing in the cold and looking really unfit (because I am!). I keep watching biggest loser in fascination at what people are able to do when they put their minds to it, I guess motivation is the key!

Do you use your wii fit much? I've had it about 2 years and don't think I've been on it for a year! I love kinect though, the dance central game is amazing - really gets you out of breath but without feeling like you're working - love it! There is a calorie counter too which gives you some guidance as to what you're burning. I've been tempted by the sports active game too, I'm just not sure if it would end up on the shelf like the wii fit has? My o/h has a wii, ps3 and xbox and he works shifts so I just utilise them when he's at work. Problem is I end up using it to watch stuff ive missed on iplayer and stuff rather than using it to exercise! Oops!

Do you find you lose well on the plan even if you done exercise? x x

Back