Didi's Dukan Diary Days

How many of you have reached goal and needed to loose...

• less than 25 pounds

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • more than 25 pounds but less than 50

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • more than 50 pounds but less than 100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than 100

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
This morning: 2 boiled eggs oat bran non fat milk
Lunch: TURKEY and cottage cheese (I found one non fat made by FIBER ONE)
snack: milk
Dinner: Fish fillets (baked with garlic) and pan fried shrimp (dry) with chili pepper spice

The "little friend" is still around so weight is sadly the same. :(

I will keep on keeping on! I will check in later today! Have a beautiful day!

You are doing well, keep at it. With your positive attitude you should be able to do it. Have you got a set weighing in day? I found putting it as part of my signature kept me feeling positive during the non weight loss days.

I had to laugh, my American sister in law calls it her 'little friend' so when I got pregnant with my now 3 year old I called her and said I just needed to tell her that my friend would not be visiting for about 8 months! She still reminds me of that.

Oh what a good morning!
Another pound has settled out. Yipppppeeeeee! I am so psyched. That is 6 total pounds now. Supper was GREAT! I truly ate like an animal yesterday. RAVENOUS! I thought, 'Well despite the period bloat I will surely gain after this binge' although I was eating on plan. WRONG!!!!
Dukan is perfect for me.
It has what the others missed. Atkins,South Beach, S-T-A-R-V-A-T-I-O-N, ETC....
I was thinking about it on a genetic level. My father was (deceased now, may God rest his soul) 100% Estonian and my mother is German and Filipina. Culturally, chromosomal studies show that protein is a large basis of the preferred diet for optimal function. Meat and seafood eaters. Not many "starchy" veggies are cropped in The Philippines and now that I am getting to learn of my Father's country I have noticed that they like meat. I love meat!
I have ignored my bodies true cravings and substituted them with sugar. I am almost certain at times I didn't even KNOW what I was hungry for.
Surprisingly, I am 100% satisfied on this diet.
Hubby eats ice cream, pies, BUTTER in my presence... bluh! Not a craving. I could care less.
That AMAZES me.
I admit though - chocolate still has a power over me... but doesn't it for almost everyone? LOL
Have the best day of your life ladies!
X and Poppy - hope your day ROCKS!
HUGS!

It is amazing isn't it. After I scoffed so much food that I thought I would actually burst there was no way I thought the scales would move but they did! I still look at the numbers like they are alien to me. You should put in your signature what you loose each week, such a motivator and if you haven't already, do your measurements now and then maybe every 5-10 lbs to actually see the weight coming off all over.

And yes, chocolate the devils work. Although I really don't care too much for American chocolate, Herseys Kisses or can't think of the name of the other popular one. But put it in a chocolate chip cookie - now your talking :) Or brownies with the chocolate you get in the orange box that is 1oz squares, lethal.

Another half pound! Only coffee so far this morning. I am amazed over this STILL! Can it be true? Can it really work for ME? Can I really get to a weight that allows me to run almost effortlessly again? OH PLEASE PLEASE SO MOTE IT BE! (an old saying.) Everyone reading this - Have a BLESSED DAY! :)

Oh gosh i wish i joined earlier, your attitude is so refreshing...i know i can do it. just joined this week and started Dukan yesterday...

Didi how many Attack days are you doing? my start weight is 200lbs and target is 140lbs so i figured i will do attack for 14 days

your thoughts ladies?

Well hello all and welcome AfricanDieter! According to "My True Weight" calculator for Dr. Dukan. I am doing 7 days of attack. He recommended 5-7. It is not recommended to stay in attack for too long. Go to US - Dukan US and fill in the questionnaire. The US site cannot sell Diet Coaching for some reason, so it only gives you that info which you seek. I know lots of US folks go to the UK site (there is a link) so they can sign for coaching but I get mine right here from all these wonderful folks that post and encourage. That is enough for me. However, there was a time it would not have been so don't feel bad if you need an extra edge like coaching one on one. It is about you and what you want out of life. Feed yourself - literally! Coaching or no, I feel certain to say that these ladies and men here will luv ya all up and support you endlessly! Dukan has been so easy for me. I hope it is for you too!

Okey dokey - I am sooooooo UNhungry today. I know I need to eat but just cannot really. It is 102 degrees F here. (38.9C) Blistering! This is not normal for Western NY. I have been blamed by the other locals for bringing my Texas HEAT with me. :(

Back to the studying.

I ate my bran today.
Coffee and water and diet drink.
Nonfat cheese and turkey meat.
Broiled steak.

Aghhhhh! I need to eat more food!

Dinner will be boneless, skinless chicken - baked.
Cheeses and some milk.

See you guys tomorrow! :)

OMG! I am on day 8 attack already! I was supposed to be on 7 only!!!! This is just tooooooo easy folks! I was coasting along. Wow.... :-
Well, tomorrow will be Cruise. Yippeee! I love veggies!

So what is your weight loss for finishing attack? You gotta post these things :)

I came back just for Poppy! I lost 6 and 1/2 pounds on 6.5 days of ATTACK! Yippeee. I will add it to my signature tomorrow morning. :)

Well done Didi! Any errr intestinal issues doing such a long period of attack? (I've just completed four days myself, and I'll be glad to get some veg on board now... and some CRUNCH!)

How great is that! Well done and enjoy those veggies.

One thing I was going to mention, since you have an underactive thyroid I assume you take supplements and vitamins etc? if not, I would seriously look at doing so as this diet is very restrictive and things like Vit B12 is needed for supporting your adrenal system and selenium for conversion between T4 and T3. Since you are going to be on it for a while it is really important or your thyroid condition could get worse.

Oh, thanks POPPY! I will check if my daily vitamin covers those, it should. Also, I got some bad news. I have that MRI on Monday and I got the "prep" call today. They asked if I was diabetic and I said I was not. I was told to eat SUGAR ( breads, pasta etc...,) to be certain to eat them at bfast and lunch the day of!!!!! They wanted to know if I was on any other special eating from my doctor. I said I wasn't but was on Dukan and was not happy about what they wanted. My alternative is to drink that thick syrupy bottle of sugar when I get there. That makes me sick to my stomach! The MRI they are doing will attach contrast and nuclear markers onto the glucose molecules. Apparently tumors really love sugar and will drink it in QUICKLY! That helps the radiologist if the patient has a good amount of sugar in their bloodstream. They can then see a better view of the tumor and it's angiogenesis (the making of it's own vascular system to feed itself).
So, I am a bit bummed but will pull through. I will stay on plan until Monday at bfast and lunch. Take the MRI at 3 and go back on plan. I think I will have to restart ATTACK at least for a few days. Any suggestions on time???
The bar exam is the next 2 days following (T & W) so I cannot afford to get sick, eating like they want me to is the best option.
My goal will be to not gain back any weight. I will keep you all posted. I will also not go on a binge just because I can. I will eat something long sustaining and healthful that has carbs like apples or something.

Poppy, I noticed you are over goal! WTG! Can't wait to get ability to see profiles so I can check out evb's pics and stuff.

Lots of love to you all! Didi

Oh - and here is the unveiling of my new SIGNATURE!!!!

Hi Didi - scary stuff about the MRI - I hope everything turns out OK. When I accidentally got some sugar about 3 weeks into the diet it gave me quite a headache, nausea, and jittery feeling. You might want to slowly work some sugars back into your diet over the weekend as you get ready for Monday to keep from getting the sugar rush effect. Its hard enough having the stress of the test (and upcoming bar exam), much less having your blood sugar spiking and crashing. Sending you good thoughts and best wishes!

I took your advice Sander and ate some whole wheat cereal last night. It was loaded with carbs, but not processed sugar. I did get a headache so thanks for the warning.
BUT - I still lost a pound! Yippppeeeee! So, I am not sooooo worried now that I will lose all I have worked on this past 10 days. Getting back on the horse will not be as scary.
I am so thrilled to have still lost a pound. That makes 7! I would not have thought it to be possible.
How is evb today? Great I hope. Still studying. Aghhhhhh! My head wants to explode.
This morning I had coffee with Stevia and an eggie. (No reason to go crazy and make it harder to get back on track after Monday.)
Good day ladies!

It is probably a good thing that your MRI is at the beginning of this diet when you are sooooo full of motivation. Let's hope it is great news and this diet could be the boost you need for full health.

Back