Difference in clothes sizes in different shops?

cmacca i went back and looked at buckle and bows sale bit a bought a pair!! bought the chocolate brown ones called buckle. have you bought from here before? all excited now!! really have to stop buying stuff on teh net. bought a pair of dolce and gabbana shoes on ebay earlier as well.

Delli, no never got boots from there, my sister in law told me about it, she had some last year and they were lovely, I have to wait till next friday (pay day) to get some, you will have to let me know what they are like.

I find that some clothing from the same shop can vary rediculously. A pair of jeans could fit you but a pair of trousers in the same size could be too small...It can drive you mad, deffo depends on the styling. I would imagine that the same goes for slim people too:rolleyes:

Sophia-Jo, you look so much like Kat out of Eastenders, stunning looking lady!

Just had to tell you all that I've been to Debenhams today and their own range of clothes are really comfortable and well fitting. I bought a top from Maine and a top from their Casuals range, it depends what you need but for casuals I would definitely recommend both Maine and Debenhams Casual range!

I went shopping for work clothes a week or so ago and spent ages in Next trying on trousers. Picked up a whole load of size 12's but found over half didn't fit very well ~ so I'd say it isn't just in the size, but the cut, style and shape of the garment that plays a factor in it too.

Wide leg trousers,kick flared jeans or bootleg jeans fit me well in size 12 ~ however straight leg trousers or jeans, or hipster styles etc dont.

I went shopping for work clothes a week or so ago and spent ages in Next trying on trousers. Picked up a whole load of size 12's but found over half didn't fit very well ~ so I'd say it isn't just in the size, but the cut, style and shape of the garment that plays a factor in it too.

Wide leg trousers,kick flared jeans or bootleg jeans fit me well in size 12 ~ however straight leg trousers or jeans, or hipster styles etc dont.

Ditto Domino, hipsters AAARGH don't get me started on hipsters LOL!! I love bootleg jeans, especially the ones that are something like 98% cotton 2% elastane :)

Just to add insult to injury - did you know that even clothes that are sized the same (say 14 long in a jean) can vary.

I have tried on as many as 5 pairs of the same jeans in the same colour and the same size and they have all varied significantly!!!!! The woman in the changing room thought I was bonkers taking in so many of the same style/colour/size but I showed her the difference (i.e. one style wouldn't get over my bum, one pair went over my bum but were so tight on my calves that I had to struggle out of them, and one pair did up ok (although the muffin top was terrifying). I still needed the bigger size - but it just goes to prove that if you are trying on something that you like and it is a shade too tight or too big - it is worth going to see if they have any others in that size to try on - it might just make a difference!!

Laura

Ditto Domino, hipsters AAARGH don't get me started on hipsters LOL!! I love bootleg jeans, especially the ones that are something like 98% cotton 2% elastane :)

Yep thank the lord for elastane :innocent0001: helps suck it all up and keeps it in :giggle:

Just to add insult to injury - did you know that even clothes that are sized the same (say 14 long in a jean) can vary.
Laura

Yep, with ya on that too ~ I tried a couple of pairs of regular length jeans on whilst in Next, same style eg bootleg, but different patterns. Couldn't believe that one came up so much shorter than the other ~ I mean what's that all about ~ it's getting ridiculous now. So much so I used to shop online, but have given up coz I kept having to send them back coz of sizing differences.

What a nightmare buying clothes can be, in most stores at the minute im a comfortable 14, and a suck it all in 12. Which isn't too bad, but i am only 5'1'' so in order to buy clothes that don't come up to my armpits or down to my knees i have to go to the 'petite' corner which is 'petite' in everyway it is the tiniest corner with a very select amount of clothes, and even more select 'nice' ones. However Last weekend i went to buy some new jeans and went into Dorothy perkins, the size 14 drowned me and even the 12 is too big, so i thought i would try on the 10's but then they were absolutly tiny. So i ended up getting the 12, just so as i had a cheap pair of jeans to run about in, but they look quite stupid. In one store i tried on a 14 and they just about buttoned, it can be so depressing!

i think the stores just do this in sizes just to make people feel better about themselves and have started to make sizes bigger but keep saying there the same size. as people generally get bigger.

god H&M for me are a nightmare, would be lucky if I got in an 18 in there, I have a pair of trousers that are supposed to be a 16 from there and they have a 29 inch waist !
I remember being a 29 inch waist....Kurt Cobain and Princess Di were still alive...

Kurious, PMSL. Yeah I know what you mean about a 29 inch waist, I think the last time I had a 29 inch waist was when I was about 24 !, oh well onwards and upwards and here's to a 29 inch waist !

I think M & S are quite small, i have a pair of 28 trousers and they don't fit which is pissing me off but my 26 from simplybe are hanging off me

There should be some set size for shops to go by

Apparently that is what is going to happen.

There was an announcement a few weeks ago that the Government have set guidelines for sizing for women's clothing so that we know what fits us.

I think, too, that the problem is that it also depends on the style of a garment, whether it is supposed to be loose-fitting or close-fitting.

It will be interesting to see what happens next!

Back