Difference in clothes sizes shop by shop

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Fizzy, 13 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

Can I ask you opinions on which shops sizes come small, generous.

I know a size 16 for example can vary so much depending on which shop you are in I thought it would be good to know which ones come small so I don't get disheartened with having to get a bigger size.

Im presuming that Next come small, going by how small the childrens clothes are.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I generally think that next and matalan are smaller but I find asda normal, dont really shop anywhere else hun.

4. slaterslady

slaterslady Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.31%)
    Diet:
    CD
    marks and spencers are small - monsoon are generous as is new look :) xx

5. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've always thought next was on the large size, new look also seem to be. Dorothy Perkins is also on the larger size.

6. Loz1984

Loz1984 Flab 2 Fab!

It's funny as i've always had trouble in monsoon! Mainly because i've always had big boobs and a smaller waist and a lot of their stuff was the wrong proportions.

Topshop comes up small i think. As do shops like Jane Norman (never bought anything in there!).

I agree about New Look.

Debenhams stuff tends to be pretty good (designers at debenhams, red herring etc)

7. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    i find too it varys in the same shop!!

i can try on a 14 in one style of trousers and fits, another doesnt!!

bazzare!! xx

8. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

depends on your shape doesn't it. I've got big boobs. I find i can generally get into the same size in Dp's, matalan, monsoon, asda, next, m&s, wallis. But primark - well thats a whole different story - i've got clothes from there ranging from a size 10 (yes thats right:D) - 18, all of which fit me, i'm a size 12-14 depending on what i'm buying (so really a 13 then:confused:).
    I don't think its so much the shop but rather the style of what you are buying.

9. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    i agree shazzy - primark are allover the place!! x

10. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

well I have received some trousers this week from M&S and Additions in a size 24 and they are almost a perfect fit (and should be fitting great in 3 weeks when I am on hols) but today I got some from evans and they hardly go over my bum!! I was sooooooooo annoyed! I hate that shops vary in size - I wish they'd work together to make sure they are the same wherever you go! x

11. Toots

Toots Gold Member

Diet:
    Exante
    I find Asda varies wildly especially the jeans - I have some bootcut ones that are a 14 and a perfect fit and some boyfriend cut ones (supposidly a baggier fit) in a 14 that won't even go past my thighs??!!

Dorothy perkins and Newlook tend to be favourable but Matalan and Next are on the snug side of things (for me anyway)

I think you can only use size as a very rough guide. I have 2 pairs of trousers for work from florence and fred (tesco) they are EXACTLY THE SAME pair of trousers - 1 pair are baggy, the other pair fit where they touch

xx

12. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

I bought some size 14 trousers for school from Primark and they used to fall down!

I had some stretchy size 12 jeans from Asda which fitted me when I was a 14.

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.